Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Religion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
    That is good. That’s what love is on its highest level. You have answered wisely.
    lets go into more in detail.

    How do we excercise this to the world wide, not just in our country nor our own neghborhood?

    thats what Jesus' servants are supporst do do.

    Jesus' messages and love is for the whole world.

    That's why Jesus is the Truth for the world.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
      “When I do good I feel good, and when I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion.” Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America 1809-1865. Known as the president who freed the slaves, Abraham Lincoln is known as one of our greatest leaders ever. But this thread is not about Abraham Lincoln, this thread is about my religion........

      If he were here now I cam quite sure he would say not to take that statement to seriously. He was a Bible believing God-fearing man.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by meshak View Post
        lets go into more in detail.

        How do we excercise this to the world wide, not just in our country nor our own neghborhood?

        thats what Jesus' servants are supporst do do.

        Jesus' messages and love is for the whole world.

        That's why Jesus is the Truth for the world.
        We change the world one person at a time beginning with ourselves. We make ourselves better people by treating others with love, respect, and kindness, understanding that this is what God would have us do.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
          We change the world one person at a time beginning with ourselves. We make ourselves better people by treating others with love, respect, and kindness, understanding that this is what God would have us do.
          How about our ocupation? How about killing our enemy using God and Jesus' name?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by meshak View Post
            How about our ocupation? How about killing our enemy using God and Jesus' name?
            Doesn’t the Bible teach you that ALL people were made by God, in his image? If God made all people, and they are special to him as the Bible teaches.....then how would it be OK to kill them?

            As you already stated, Jesus said love your enemies, not hunt them down and kill them in my name.

            How could people get this so confused?

            Like the people in the OT who thought God told them to kill, they were wrong, and they were just following the warlike practices of all the other pagan people.

            Love is as love does. So, you occupy yourself in this world, your space. You control yourself and do right until you die. That’s how you serve God and occupy this place.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
              Doesn’t the Bible teach you that ALL people were made by God, in his image? If God made all people, and they are special to him as the Bible teaches.....then how would it be OK to kill them?

              As you already stated, Jesus said love your enemies, not hunt them down and kill them in my name.

              How could people get this so confused?

              Like the people in the OT who thought God told them to kill, they were wrong, and they were just following the warlike practices of all the other pagan people.

              Love is as love does. So, you occupy yourself in this world, your space. You control yourself and do right until you die. That’s how you serve God and occupy this place.
              Are you a pro-military?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by meshak View Post
                Are you a pro-military?
                Ok...now I have to ask you why you’re asking me so many questions. Well?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                  Ok...now I have to ask you why you’re asking me so many questions. Well?
                  You said we are killers. Do you mean for believing the Bible?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                    You said we are killers. Do you mean for believing the Bible?
                    No. I mean people kill each other. Just pick up a history book and read it. You will read about our killing each other from the beginning. You also know that we kill to eat....right?

                    When you eat a bacon cheeseburger, you kill a cow and a pig. Not directly of course, but your money pays for the slaughter of those animals. In the old days, people killed their own animals to eat.

                    So....we are killers by nature and by necessity. Yet, in today’s world, we no longer have to be. We can choose not to be. Well guess what....so can God.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                      No. I mean people kill each other. Just pick up a history book and read it. You will read about our killing each other from the beginning. You also know that we kill to eat....right?

                      When you eat a bacon cheeseburger, you kill a cow and a pig. Not directly of course, but your money pays for the slaughter of those animals. In the old days, people killed their own animals to eat.

                      So....we are killers by nature and by necessity. Yet, in today’s world, we no longer have to be. We can choose not to be. Well guess what....so can God.
                      I think you are saying that you believe God to be a killer even as man is a killer if you read history.

                      By the way I only eat kosher foods, including no meat and dairy in the same meal.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                        Ok...now I have to ask you why you’re asking me so many questions. Well?
                        Because you said you used to be a Christian.

                        I am wondering why you left Jesus.

                        Jesus expects His followers to be committed to Him until the end.

                        You seem to be trying to find the Truth.

                        You could not find the Truth in His word?

                        I don't belong to any organization becaseu I don't believe most organizations are committed to God and Jesus, especially mainstream churches.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by meshak View Post

                          You seem to be trying to find the Truth.

                          You could not find the Truth in His word?.
                          Correct....in a sense. I’m not saying that there is no truth in the Bible. There are plenty of positive things in there....but it’s not actually true in many ways as well. One of the things that I think is a really big deal is the Bible being wrong about the end of the world. According to the Bible we should all be dead right now and this world over. It took many years for me to study this point out and be sure of my position.

                          Anyway....I wouldn’t be surprised to see that I disappear from this place. I don’t think the people in charge of it wish me to be here. So, if this be my last post, I’ll express my beliefs.

                          I don’t believe there is any such place as hell or any such person as the devil.

                          I do believe that there is a God, a Supreme Being....the Architect or Prime Mover of this and every universe. This is my belief based on experiences. I think there is some type of spiritual realm around us. I don’t believe in the Bible’s description of it and consider it an unknown.

                          I believe that if there be a God who made us, the afterlife will be good for most people. I don’t know what happens to evil people when they die, but I don’t think they burn forever in hell. I think God doesn’t give up on them and they get rehabbed or they simply disappear. IDK.

                          I also believe we are in a type of hell, or prison right now, though I have no idea why. I guess that’s about it from me for now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                            Correct....in a sense. I’m not saying that there is no truth in the Bible. There are plenty of positive things in there....but it’s not actually true in many ways as well. One of the things that I think is a really big deal is the Bible being wrong about the end of the world. According to the Bible we should all be dead right now and this world over. It took many years for me to study this point out and be sure of my position.

                            Anyway....I wouldn’t be surprised to see that I disappear from this place. I don’t think the people in charge of it wish me to be here. So, if this be my last post, I’ll express my beliefs.

                            I don’t believe there is any such place as hell or any such person as the devil.

                            I do believe that there is a God, a Supreme Being....the Architect or Prime Mover of this and every universe. This is my belief based on experiences. I think there is some type of spiritual realm around us. I don’t believe in the Bible’s description of it and consider it an unknown.

                            I believe that if there be a God who made us, the afterlife will be good for most people. I don’t know what happens to evil people when they die, but I don’t think they burn forever in hell. I think God doesn’t give up on them and they get rehabbed or they simply disappear. IDK.

                            I also believe we are in a type of hell, or prison right now, though I have no idea why. I guess that’s about it from me for now.
                            I believe in Jesus' teachings and He was sent by God. I don't follow all that's in the Bible and have been mocked becaseu of it. I pick and choose that make sense.

                            I don't believe that the Bible teaches that non-believers burn in hell never ending either.

                            I am also a non-trin so you know how it goes.

                            but I still consider myself Jesus' follower because that's what I am.

                            I concentrate on Jesus' teachings mostly, nothing else much.

                            blessings.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                              Ok...now I have to ask you why you’re asking me so many questions. Well?
                              I am interested in your faith.

                              Comment


                              • I believe in Jesus' teachings and He was sent by God. I don't follow all that's in the Bible and have been mocked becaseu of it. I pick and choose that make sense.
                                2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
                                16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

                                I don't believe that the Bible teaches that non-believers burn in hell never ending either.
                                Revelation 20:15 King James Version (KJV)
                                15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

                                I do believe that there is a God, a Supreme Being....the Architect or Prime Mover of this and every universe. This is my belief based on experiences. I think there is some type of spiritual realm around us. I don’t believe in the Bible’s description of it and consider it an unknown.
                                If you do not believe the Bible to be the infallible truth of God, You're not a believer.

                                I am also a non-trin so you know how it goes
                                Matthew 28:19 King James Version (KJV)
                                19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
                                He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

                                Jim Elliot

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X