My Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ok...now I have to ask you why you’re asking me so many questions. Well?

Because you said you used to be a Christian.

I am wondering why you left Jesus.

Jesus expects His followers to be committed to Him until the end.

You seem to be trying to find the Truth.

You could not find the Truth in His word?

I don't belong to any organization becaseu I don't believe most organizations are committed to God and Jesus, especially mainstream churches.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
You seem to be trying to find the Truth.

You could not find the Truth in His word?.

Correct....in a sense. I’m not saying that there is no truth in the Bible. There are plenty of positive things in there....but it’s not actually true in many ways as well. One of the things that I think is a really big deal is the Bible being wrong about the end of the world. According to the Bible we should all be dead right now and this world over. It took many years for me to study this point out and be sure of my position.

Anyway....I wouldn’t be surprised to see that I disappear from this place. I don’t think the people in charge of it wish me to be here. So, if this be my last post, I’ll express my beliefs.

I don’t believe there is any such place as hell or any such person as the devil.

I do believe that there is a God, a Supreme Being....the Architect or Prime Mover of this and every universe. This is my belief based on experiences. I think there is some type of spiritual realm around us. I don’t believe in the Bible’s description of it and consider it an unknown.

I believe that if there be a God who made us, the afterlife will be good for most people. I don’t know what happens to evil people when they die, but I don’t think they burn forever in hell. I think God doesn’t give up on them and they get rehabbed or they simply disappear. IDK.

I also believe we are in a type of hell, or prison right now, though I have no idea why. I guess that’s about it from me for now.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Correct....in a sense. I’m not saying that there is no truth in the Bible. There are plenty of positive things in there....but it’s not actually true in many ways as well. One of the things that I think is a really big deal is the Bible being wrong about the end of the world. According to the Bible we should all be dead right now and this world over. It took many years for me to study this point out and be sure of my position.

Anyway....I wouldn’t be surprised to see that I disappear from this place. I don’t think the people in charge of it wish me to be here. So, if this be my last post, I’ll express my beliefs.

I don’t believe there is any such place as hell or any such person as the devil.

I do believe that there is a God, a Supreme Being....the Architect or Prime Mover of this and every universe. This is my belief based on experiences. I think there is some type of spiritual realm around us. I don’t believe in the Bible’s description of it and consider it an unknown.

I believe that if there be a God who made us, the afterlife will be good for most people. I don’t know what happens to evil people when they die, but I don’t think they burn forever in hell. I think God doesn’t give up on them and they get rehabbed or they simply disappear. IDK.

I also believe we are in a type of hell, or prison right now, though I have no idea why. I guess that’s about it from me for now.

I believe in Jesus' teachings and He was sent by God. I don't follow all that's in the Bible and have been mocked becaseu of it. I pick and choose that make sense.

I don't believe that the Bible teaches that non-believers burn in hell never ending either.

I am also a non-trin so you know how it goes.

but I still consider myself Jesus' follower because that's what I am.

I concentrate on Jesus' teachings mostly, nothing else much.

blessings.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe in Jesus' teachings and He was sent by God. I don't follow all that's in the Bible and have been mocked becaseu of it. I pick and choose that make sense.

2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I don't believe that the Bible teaches that non-believers burn in hell never ending either.

Revelation 20:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

If you do not believe the Bible to be the infallible truth of God, You're not a believer.

I am also a non-trin so you know how it goes

Matthew 28:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Revelation 20:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

If you do not believe the Bible to be the infallible truth of God, You're not a believer.

Matthew 28:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

blessings.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned

You mean you’re not a believer of your brand of religion. There could be a billion or more people alive right now who don’t believe the Bible, yet they still are believers.

They believe what they believe in the same way that you believe what you believe, and the same way I believe what I believe.

I know the Bible is not infallible, yet I am a believer.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You mean you’re not a believer of your brand of religion. There could be a billion or more people alive right now who don’t believe the Bible, yet they still are believers.

They believe what they believe in the same way that you believe what you believe, and the same way I believe what I believe.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

you believe in a false God

Guyver

BANNED
Banned

I would like to retract this statement. I may have been mistaken, I have had no problem logging in twice today.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned

Thank you. I would like to offer some insights I have gained through scripture.

1. God is the Maker of All Things, and all people....every soul. Psalm 50:12 Acts 7:49-50,

In Ezekiel chapter 18, God is quoted directly as claiming all souls are His. I would like to restate, all souls are Gods. All means all.

2. Every soul returns to God when they die. Ecc. 12:7

“Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.”

Since God is the source of life for every human being, it stands to reason that all souls return to him. What I like about this idea is that it is inclusive of all and excludes no one, in contrast to the religion of so many around here who hate those who are not like them, do not share the same beliefs, or practice different faith.

That is as it should be if in fact there is ONE and only ONE God.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
My favorite part of the Bible is the Book of Ecclesiastes. There is such wisdom in there. I remember being the type of Christian who criticized that section of the Bible because it was written by a man with seven hundred something wives, or whatever the number was. I think that is such a fail.

To believe that the Bible is the word of God but dismissing the words of Solomon. I’m just saying. It’s such a fail. But now that I am free from religious indoctrination and have the freedom to think for myself without fear, I see how wise Solomon really was in his attempt to understand things, and the conclusions he reached.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That is as it should be if in fact there is ONE and only ONE God.

Yes, Jesus makes it clear that His Father is the only true God and Jesus is His followers Brother. And He also says His Father is our God too.

And Jesus is His Fathers's most faithful Servent.

bibleverse2

1. God is the Maker of All Things, and all people....every soul. Psalm 50:12 Acts 7:49-50,

But note that not every soul is made by God to be saved from hell (Romans 9:20-22, Proverbs 16:4).

2. Every soul returns to God when they die. Ecc. 12:7

But note that not every soul will be saved from hell (Matthew 25:41,46, Matthew 13:38-42), but only a relatively few people (Matthew 7:14, Matthew 22:14), compared with all of humanity.

Also, God's Spirit is omnipresent, so He is even in hell (Psalms 139:7-8, Revelation 14:10-11).

Since God is the source of life for every human being, it stands to reason that all souls return to him. What I like about this idea is that it is inclusive of all and excludes no one, in contrast to the religion of so many around here who hate those who are not like them, do not share the same beliefs, or practice different faith.

What do you make of John 3:36?

. . . there is ONE and only ONE God.

Note that Jesus Christ is He (John 1:1,14, John 10:30, John 20:28, Titus 2:13, Philippians 2:6, Matthew 1:23). And Jesus Christ is uncreated God, just as God the Father is uncreated God. For everything created was created by Jesus (John 1:3, Colossians 1:16-17). Because Jesus is uncreated, there was never a time when He was not. He has always existed. He is YHWH the Holy One, from everlasting (Habakkuk 1:12a, Acts 3:14, Micah 5:2c). He is YHWH the only Savior (Isaiah 43:11, Titus 2:13), YHWH the good shepherd (Psalms 23:1, John 10:11, Mark 10:18), YHWH who will set His feet on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem at His return (Zechariah 14:3-4, Acts 1:11-12), YHWH the first and last (Isaiah 44:6, Revelation 2:8), YHWH the great I AM (Exodus 3:14, John 8:58), the great God (Titus 2:13), the mighty God (Isaiah 9:6), one God with God the Father (John 10:30, John 20:28), equal in divinity with God the Father (Philippians 2:6).

Just as the Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19) is the three distinct, coexisting Persons (Mark 1:9-11) of God the Father (Galatians 1:3), God the Son (Hebrews 1:8), and God the Holy Spirit (cf. Mark 13:11 and Matthew 10:19-20; Acts 5:3-4), so the Trinity is YHWH the Father, YHWH the Son, and YHWH the Holy Spirit. For YHWH is the only God (Isaiah 45:5-6). He has always been and forever will be the only God (Isaiah 43:10b).

bibleverse2

. . . I am free from religious indoctrination . . .

Never be free from Biblical indoctrination, if you want to be saved from hell:

1 Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that
hear thee.

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 4:1 ¶I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

. . . I am free from religious indoctrination and have the freedom to think for myself without fear . . .

Never be free from the Biblical fear of God casting you into hell:

Romans 11:20 . . . thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Matthew 10:28 . . . fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

That is, even Christians are commanded to fear God (1 Peter 2:17, Luke 12:5, Hebrews 12:28-29; 2 Corinthians 7:1, Ephesians 5:21, Acts 9:31). They must remain in fear of being cut off the same as non-Christians if they do not continue in God's goodness (Romans 11:20-22, Luke 12:45-46). They must work out their own ultimate salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12b; 1 Peter 1:17, Romans 2:6-8), knowing the terror of the future judgment of Christians by Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10-11) at His Second Coming, when some Christians will end up losing their salvation because of unrepentant sin (Luke 12:45-46, Hebrews 10:26-29), or unrepentant laziness (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a), or apostasy (Mark 8:35-38, Hebrews 6:4-8).

Status
Not open for further replies.