Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of a special moon right now for Christians and all. I wonder how many even know it?

But it is beautiful. What a glorious time of year in nature...that thing that God has made.

Anyway, all the beauty in my garden at sunset reminded me how important it is to be thankful. To really appreciate the beauty of life as the wise master Solomon said.

It’s funny to me how some Christians attempt to criticize and dismiss his work. He was awesome. What a brilliant thinker.

Comment

• Anyway, I equate Solomon with science in some ways and I appreciate science. It is a close and determined look at what God has made. That which is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guyver View Post

Did you know the Bible says God is truth? It’s true. The Bible describes God nature as truth.

What is consistent about the Bible, God and Jesus are love. Through out both OT and NT.

Jesus made it clear in the NT.

That's why I am Jesus' follower.

sorry for butting in.

blessings.

Comment

• Originally posted by meshak View Post
          What is consistent about the Bible, God and Jesus are love. Through out both OT and NT.

Jesus made it clear in the NT.

That's why I am Jesus' follower.

sorry for butting in.

blessings.
          May blessings be returned to you.

Thank God for rejective knowism; which allows me to reject what you said since I know it to be false.

What is not consistent about the Bible is God and love. So, what you said was exactly 180 degrees out....or completely off-based. It makes me wonder if you've ever even bothered to read the Old Testament.

In the Old Testament, God is said to be angry, jealous, wrathful, impatient, vengeful, hateful and in favor of killing innocent women, children, and other living things like animals.

This is EXACTLY what love is not. According to the New Testament of the Bible, Love is.....

Long-suffering
          Kind
          Not Envious
          Not Boastful
          Not Arrogant
          Not Rude
          Is not Provoked
          Does not seek it's own
          Does not take into account a wrong suffered
          Does not wish harm on anyone (thinks no evil)
          NEVER FAILS

1 Cor 13 NKJV

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not [b]puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, [c]thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. "

1 Cor 13 NASB

"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 [b]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails;"

The Old Testament does not show the attributes of love as claimed by the New Testament. So, I cannot receive your words are they are not true.

Comment

• The commandments of the Torah are about love of God and your neighbor.

Comment

May blessings be returned to you.

Thank God for rejective knowism; which allows me to reject what you said since I know it to be false.

What is not consistent about the Bible is God and love. So, what you said was exactly 180 degrees out....or completely off-based. It makes me wonder if you've ever even bothered to read the Old Testament.
              I have read OT tons of times and I know what's in it.

Our standards are not the same as God's.

God says your thoughts are not my thoughts.

Are you Jesus' follower?

Jesus also says God is love.

I know many things in the OT does not harmonize with Jesus' teachings, but many things the prophets taught were exactly the same as Jesus' love.

I take all things that harmonize with Jesus' teachings.

blessings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                The commandments of the Torah are about love of God and your neighbor.
                I mean, not really. In fact, barely. You take the small amount of text regarding love and God compared to the volume of text on laws, it’s miniscule. It would be my pleasure to study it out and break it down for you sometime if possible. I’m just really busy right now. It’s hard to be able to devote so much time to the computer.

Comment

I take all things that harmonize with Jesus' teachings.

blessings.
                  If that gives you peace in your soul, then I support you completely. If your religion makes you a good human being, or allows you to be one then it is good.

Comment

Are you Jesus' follower?
                    I don’t follow any of the worlds religions. I prefer to allow God to teach me the way he does naturally.

Comment

Are you Jesus' follower?

blessings.
                      For the past several years I have been on a journey that took me away from religion, and a quest to seek God by understanding the truth.

It has been a very, very difficult thing to do. But, now that I am through it, life is wonderful.

I mean, life still sucks...you know? Life is a miserable thing, with all the death, hate and destruction in this cold world. But there’s equal love to be found as well.

So, yeah...one must embrace the truth about what is, otherwise they’re just fooling themselves.

Comment

I mean, not really. In fact, barely. You take the small amount of text regarding love and God compared to the volume of text on laws, it’s miniscule. It would be my pleasure to study it out and break it down for you sometime if possible. I’m just really busy right now. It’s hard to be able to devote so much time to the computer.
                        Okay.

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 NASB - "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
                        Leviticus 19:18 NASB - 'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Matthew 22:35-40 NASB - One of them, a lawyer, asked Him [a question,] testing Him, "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' "This is the great and foremost commandment. "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

Mark 12:28-34 NASB - One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?" Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD; AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.' "The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these." The scribe said to Him, "Right, Teacher; You have truly stated that HE IS ONE, AND THERE IS NO ONE ELSE BESIDES HIM; AND TO LOVE HIM WITH ALL THE HEART AND WITH ALL THE UNDERSTANDING AND WITH ALL THE STRENGTH, AND TO LOVE ONE'S NEIGHBOR AS HIMSELF, is much more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." When Jesus saw that he had answered intelligently, He said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." After that, no one would venture to ask Him any more questions.

Romans 13:8-10 NASB - Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled [the] law. For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of [the] law.

Galatians 5:14 NASB - For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the [statement,] "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

James 2:8 NASB - If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF," you are doing well.

Luke 10:25-28 NASB - And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" And He said to him, "What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?" And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." And He said to him, "You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE."

Comment

Okay.

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 NASB - "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
                          Leviticus 19:18 NASB - 'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Matthew 22:35-40 NASB - One of them, a lawyer, asked Him [a question,] testing Him, "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' "This is the great and foremost commandment. "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

Mark 12:28-34 NASB - One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?" Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD; AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.' "The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these." The scribe said to Him, "Right, Teacher; You have truly stated that HE IS ONE, AND THERE IS NO ONE ELSE BESIDES HIM; AND TO LOVE HIM WITH ALL THE HEART AND WITH ALL THE UNDERSTANDING AND WITH ALL THE STRENGTH, AND TO LOVE ONE'S NEIGHBOR AS HIMSELF, is much more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." When Jesus saw that he had answered intelligently, He said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." After that, no one would venture to ask Him any more questions.

Romans 13:8-10 NASB - Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled [the] law. For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of [the] law.

Galatians 5:14 NASB - For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the [statement,] "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

James 2:8 NASB - If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF," you are doing well.

Luke 10:25-28 NASB - And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" And He said to him, "What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?" And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." And He said to him, "You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE."
                          Dude. You literally just posted a bunch of scripture from the New Testament. The point was love and God in the Old Testament. You got one verse.

Let me ask you.....do you consider the Word of God so pure that one verse can be taken out and it is truth as important as any other......

Or....does this one verse have more “power” than other bible words?

Actually....the topic was love and God in the Torah. You throw Psalms in and you do hear about loving God. But the Psalms are not the law. So...anyway.

Comment

Okay.
                            Jacob, I believe the principle from the Bible that you are advocating is “Love the Lord God and love your neighbor as yourself.”

I don’t have any problem with that. If it could be expressed as I think you intended, that would be great.

Comment

• “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

You know what that means? It means take care of the people in your community and that is a wonderful principle that i absolutely believe in.

Comment

I don’t follow any of the worlds religions. I prefer to allow God to teach me the way he does naturally.
                                I have learned so much from Jesus how to live meaningful life.

When I was a non-believer, I did not have stable guideline. I was just following what society expects from me.

And it was a chaotic life.

Jesus literally gave me life.

That's why I trust everything what He teaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X