The reward of the righteous

Dartman

Gen 13:14-17 And Jehovah said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art, northward and southward and eastward and westward.
15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth. So that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then may thy seed also be numbered.
17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it. For unto thee will I give it.

Gen 15:18 In that day Jehovah made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates.

Job 19:25-27 "As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth.
26 "Even after my skin is destroyed, Yet from my flesh I shall see God;
27 Whom I myself shall behold, And whom my eyes will see and not another. My heart faints within me!

Ps 37:9-11 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth. 10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. 11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Matt 5:5 Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Rom 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Heb 11:8-10 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Heb 11:13-16 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for He hath prepared for them a city.

Rev 5:9-10 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Rev 21:1-7 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
“The Father makes his sun to shine on the evil and the good and sends his rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous.”
--Matthew 5:45

Dartman

“The Father makes his sun to shine on the evil and the good and sends his rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous.”
--Matthew 5:45
Yes, God is gracious, and merciful, He allows ample time for mankind to repent.

But God is also a "consuming fire".

Deut 4:23-27 Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of Jehovah your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image in the form of anything which Jehovah thy God hath forbidden thee.
24 For Jehovah thy God is a devouring fire, a jealous God.
25 When thou shalt beget children, and children's children, and ye shall have been long in the land, and shall corrupt yourselves, and make a graven image in the form of anything, and shall do that which is evil in the sight of Jehovah thy God, to provoke him to anger;
26 I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over the Jordan to possess it; ye shall not prolong your days upon it, but shall utterly be destroyed.
27 And Jehovah will scatter you among the peoples, and ye shall be left few in number among the nations, whither Jehovah shall lead you away.

Heb 10:31 1 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Heb 12:28-29 Wherefore, receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us have grace, whereby we may offer service well-pleasing to God with reverence and awe: 29 for our God is a consuming fire.

The "reward" of the wicked is to be destroyed,

2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

they will cease to exist,

Ps 37:10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

Mal 4:1-3 For, behold, the day cometh, it burneth as a furnace; and all the proud, and all that work wickedness, shall be stubble; and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith Jehovah of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. 2 But unto you that fear my name shall the sun of righteousness arise with healing in its wings; and ye shall go forth, and gambol as calves of the stall. 3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I make, saith Jehovah of hosts.

they will "return to" the grave;

Ps 9:17 The wicked will return to Sheol, Even all the nations who forget God. NASU

Ps 9:17 The wicked return to the grave, all the nations that forget God. NIV

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
God is a potter, an old woman giving birth, an eagle, a rock, a storm, a desert spring, a wild dog, clothing, bread, laughter, fire, “the one who smells,” and so forth--just a few of the many metaphors for God in the Bible.

The God I regard is the God I find in Jesus.
This is a God of corruption and uncleanliness.
A God of ultimate mercy.
A God of nonviolence and anti-tribalism.
A God of distributive justice, of compassion, of light, of warmth and steadfastness.

Jesus annonced his mission plainly in the earliest gospel written--Mark:
To call for repentance.
To reveal what he called “the Kingdom of God” in parables and
To free the captives.

His mandate was simple: Love God, one’s self and one’s neighbor with all one’s heart, mind and strength.

He said nothing about saving the sins of humankind with his blood. As a first-century Jew, he would have found such a thing repugnant and distasteful.
After all, the sacrifical atonement theology was not developed until some 900 years after his crucifixion. He preached a God of mercy and redistributive justice and not sacrifice [Matthew 9:13], echoing the words of the prophet Hosea centuries before.

I see Jesus as the definitive revelation of the divine on earth
Being divine he was not the run-of-the-mill, all-too-human teacher.
If he were, then Jesus was a hypocrite, and I do not entertain such a quality in Jesus.

Anything that does nost comport with the teacher in parables and short, arresting sayings is a theological Christ, not the authentic figure who wandered the rocky & dusty roads of anicient Palestine.

In Matthew 5:45 there is a section of the Sermon on the Mount that calls into serious question the idea that our enemies should be killed or banished to a
“Lake of Fire.”s

This is a God of ultimate and steadfast mercy:

“The Father makes his sun to shine on the evil and the good and sends his rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous alike."