Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why do you ask? To test the veracity of the Christian "evidence"! :duh:
Looks like you have no idea what you're talking about. :chuckle:

You want to test the evidence of the Bible by reading the Koran?

Have you read either?

I'll take that as being evident of the Koran's "evidence" differing from the Bible's. Case..point.
Yeah, they're different books. Not sure what point you're making, unless its to put as much distance as you can between here and the challenge you're running from.

Darwinists believe stuff. Christians believe stuff. Are you going to approach each set of beliefs using the same methodological framework, or are you going to keep separate standards depending on how much you agree with things?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Looks like you have no idea what you're talking about. :chuckle:

You want to test the evidence of the Bible by reading the Koran?

Have you read either?

Yeah, they're different books. Not sure what point you're making, unless its to put as much distance as you can between here and the challenge you're running from.

Koran scripture claims to be Truth; The Bible makes claims to the Truth. Do you believe both to be True?

Darwinists believe stuff. Christians believe stuff. Are you going to approach each set of beliefs using the same methodological framework, or are you going to keep separate standards depending on how much you agree with things?

I could care less for "Darwinism" or your objections for it.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Koran scripture claims to be Truth; The Bible makes claims to the Truth. Do you believe both to be True?

:AMR:

What in Earth are you talking about? Do you think I said somewhere that if a truth claim is made, I have to believe it?

Do you remember what I said about how the scientific method works? Read it again. Heck, it was you who implied you were the authority on it.

I could care less for "Darwinism" or your objections for it.

Convenient.

When challenged, you run for the hills. :dog:

quip

BANNED
Banned
:AMR:

What in Earth are you talking about?
Faith-based evidence.
Do try to keep up.

Do you believe that the Muslim religion is True given the faith-based evidence written in the Koran?

Convenient.

When challenged, you run for the hills. :dog:

Praytell, what exactly is "Darwinism"? :chuckle:
Is that even a thing or just something you fundies have made up?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Faith-based evidence.
The scientific method works regardless of what people believe.

Do try to keep up.

Do you believe that the Muslim religion is True given the faith-based evidence written in the Koran?

What you believe is irrelevant. What is important is that you apply a methodology consistently.

Praytell, what exactly is "Darwinism"? :chuckle:
Is that even a thing or just something you fundies have made up?

Darwinists will do anything to avoid a challenge.

quip

BANNED
Banned
The scientific method works regardless of what people believe.

Do try to keep up.

What you believe is irrelevant. What is important is that you apply a methodology consistently.
Ok. Then the Muslim religion is consistent thus True. Got it!

Darwinists will do anything to avoid a challenge.

Again, I don't know what a "Darwinist" is.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Of course it can, unverified Bible claims are exactly why Christianity is classified as a faith.
No, it is not! That's what I've been trying to tell you. Biblical faith has nothing to do with blind belief.

All religions view such 'evidence' through their particular religious lens.
Not biblical Christianity.

Precisely! You're making my 'evidence based faith' point for me.
I reject the existence of one of your major premises and you then acknowledge that it doesn't exist and claim that I've established your argument.

You really are stupid.

Well...at least I have your ear.
The way this is going, that won't last.

All such religions make similar claims.
Including atheism! Indeed, most especially atheism.

Again, provide objective evidence with a sufficient bend to prove your assertion over other such competing religious claims.
Again?

When have I ever done such a thing or when have you ever asked me to do so?

Are you asking me to debate the existence of God with you?

Yes....else, if proving non-existence is a necessary criteria, one is reduced to believing in talking lions and unicorns because they were written as existing in a popular fable or two. It's now your onus to prove they don't exist. I'll be waiting.
Good grief you really are dumb as rocks.

I never suggested that the onus is on anyone to prove a negative. Try to keep it straight here. I'm NOT the stupid one here - you are.

My point was is that you're not as objective as you pretend to be or claim to a right not to be. Never mind - it's over your head.

Nothing said here is unique to the Christian faith.
Really!

This is just proof that you haven't any idea what you're talking about or what I said even means. This is like talking to a teenager. :yawn:

Show me one example of any other religion or system of faith that presents the ability to read and understand this sentence as evidence, nevermind proof, that God exist. There may be other persons in other religions (perhaps Jews or Muslims that use the bible's Old Testament as the basis for their religion) that make such a claim but you don't know any of them, if indeed they do exist, which I very much doubt.

Go ahead, show me just one! Cite your source and give me direct quotes from someone, ANYONE, who is not a Christian or who otherwise presupposes the existence of God and presented in the Bible.

Prediction: You won't even try to do so. You want too badly to cling to your very subjective desire for God not to exist.

Clete

quip

BANNED
Banned
No, it is not! That's what I've been trying to tell you. Biblical faith has nothing to do with blind belief.

Not biblical Christianity.

I reject the existence of one of your major premises and you then acknowledge that it doesn't exist and claim that I've established your argument.

You really are stupid.

The way this is going, that won't last.

Including atheism! Indeed, most especially atheism.

Again?

When have I ever done such a thing or when have you ever asked me to do so?

Are you asking me to debate the existence of God with you?

Good grief you really are dumb as rocks.

I never suggested that the onus is on anyone to prove a negative. Try to keep it straight here. I'm NOT the stupid one here - you are.

My point was is that you're not as objective as you pretend to be or claim to a right not to be. Never mind - it's over your head.

Really!

This is just proof that you haven't any idea what you're talking about or what I said even means. This is like talking to a teenager. :yawn:

Show me one example of any other religion or system of faith that presents the ability to read and understand this sentence as evidence, nevermind proof, that God exist. There may be other persons in other religions (perhaps Jews or Muslims that use the bible's Old Testament as the basis for their religion) that make such a claim but you don't know any of them, if indeed they do exist, which I very much doubt.

Go ahead, show me just one! Cite your source and give me direct quotes from someone, ANYONE, who is not a Christian or who otherwise presupposes the existence of God and presented in the Bible.

Prediction: You won't even try to do so. You want too badly to cling to your very subjective desire for God not to exist.

Clete

Here's a rationale for God via the Koran/Islamic faith:

In the Islamic tradition, the case for God’s existence is solid in terms of its rational foundations as well as the purpose, meaning, comfort, and guidance that it gives to our lives. The Quran inspires conviction by appealing to the aspects of the inner life of human beings, namely, to the heart and the mind. Intuition and experience work in tandem with logic and reason to arrive at a state of certainty in faith.

Allah said:

[Prophet], when your Lord took out the offspring from the loins of the Children of Adam and made them bear witness about themselves, He said, ‘Am I not your Lord?’ and they replied, ‘Yes, we bear witness.’ So you cannot say on the Day of Resurrection, ‘We were not aware of this.’[2]

Allah said:

So [Prophet Muhammad] as a man of pure faith, stand firm and true in your devotion to the religion. This is the natural disposition God instilled in mankind—there is no altering God’s creation—and this is the right religion, though most people do not realize it.[5]

And the Prophet ﷺ said:

He has succeeded who embraces Islam, whose provision is sufficient, and who is content with what Allah has given him.[22]
He has tasted the sweetness of faith who is content with Allah as his Lord, Islam as his religion, and Muhammad as his prophet.[23]

Source

This author uses the same 'evidence methodology' as you. Do you consider this as convincing evidence for Allah?

Why or why not?

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Here's a rationale for God via the Koran/Islamic faith:

In the Islamic tradition, the case for God’s existence is solid in terms of its rational foundations as well as the purpose, meaning, comfort, and guidance that it gives to our lives. The Quran inspires conviction by appealing to the aspects of the inner life of human beings, namely, to the heart and the mind. Intuition and experience work in tandem with logic and reason to arrive at a state of certainty in faith.

Allah said:

[Prophet], when your Lord took out the offspring from the loins of the Children of Adam and made them bear witness about themselves, He said, ‘Am I not your Lord?’ and they replied, ‘Yes, we bear witness.’ So you cannot say on the Day of Resurrection, ‘We were not aware of this.’[2]

Allah said:

So [Prophet Muhammad] as a man of pure faith, stand firm and true in your devotion to the religion. This is the natural disposition God instilled in mankind—there is no altering God’s creation—and this is the right religion, though most people do not realize it.[5]

And the Prophet ﷺ said:

He has succeeded who embraces Islam, whose provision is sufficient, and who is content with what Allah has given him.[22]
He has tasted the sweetness of faith who is content with Allah as his Lord, Islam as his religion, and Muhammad as his prophet.[23]

Source

This author uses the same 'evidence methodology' as you. Do you consider this as convincing evidence for Allah?

Why or why not?

In what universe is that the same evidence methodology?

Look, you need to just stop. I'm telling you that you haven't faintest idea what the heck you're talking about. You talk like an idiot teenager that has no education and no life experience, no discernment and no wisdom of any kind!

You make comparisons that just do not follow. No Christian I have ever heard of has ever made such an argument and I know for a fact that I haven't done so. If you think that "devotion to the religion" being "the natural disposition God instilled in mankind" is a Christian thing to say or even similar to anything a Christian would suggest as a good argument for the existence of God then you've been lied to or have been exposed to some very foolish (i.e. non-biblical) Christians. The exact opposite is the case! People are naturally evil and tend toward false religion (including atheism). The more obvious the existence of God is to the average person, the more angry and evil they become, even to the point of murdering Jesus because he raised someone from the dead.

Further, I would never use anything God said as an argument in favor of His existence anyway. God does not argue for His own existence and for me to use anything the bible records as Him having said would be for me to beg the question, which is YOUR (the atheist's) bailiwick, not mine.

I give you credit for at least posting something that might to someone look like an attempt to present something that supported your ignorant claim, (even if it did presuppose the existence of God as presented in the bible). That's more than I expected.

Clete

quip

BANNED
Banned
In what universe is that the same evidence methodology?

Look, you need to just stop. I'm telling you that you haven't faintest idea what the heck you're talking about. You talk like an idiot teenager that has no education and no life experience, no discernment and no wisdom of any kind!

You make comparisons that just do not follow. No Christian I have ever heard of has ever made such an argument and I know for a fact that I haven't done so. If you think that "devotion to the religion" being "the natural disposition God instilled in mankind" is a Christian thing to say or even similar to anything a Christian would suggest as a good argument for the existence of God then you've been lied to or have been exposed to some very foolish (i.e. non-biblical) Christians. The exact opposite is the case! People are naturally evil and tend toward false religion (including atheism). The more obvious the existence of God is to the average person, the more angry and evil they become, even to the point of murdering Jesus because he raised someone from the dead.

Further, I would never use anything God said as an argument in favor of His existence anyway. God does not argue for His own existence and for me to use anything the bible records as Him having said would be for me to beg the question, which is YOUR (the atheist's) bailiwick, not mine.

I give you credit for at least posting something that might to someone look like an attempt to present something that supported your ignorant claim, (even if it did presuppose the existence of God as presented in the bible). That's more than I expected.

Clete

If you can't answer just say so...no need for the posturing rant.

Why should non-believers believe your idea of God over the author's? Where exactly is your evidence if not from scripture?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If you can't answer just say so...no need for the posturing rant.
Answer what?

I responded directly. You're projecting.

Why should non-believers believe your idea of God over the author's? Where exactly is your evidence if not from scripture?
Asked and answered.

The fact that you can read and understand this sentence is proof that God exists. As for what sort of person God is (i.e. whether the Christian God exists) is a different and more complex question but you're an atheist and so we have to start at the beginning. You want to jump straight from whether God exists at all or whether Christians or Muslims have the right ideas about who God is and at the same time you want to treat those two separate questions as though they are the same question and then act as if I'm avoiding the topic when I don't follow you down the path of stupidity that you've laid out.

Again, you really need to try to keep it straight which one of us is stupid and which isn't. Here's a clue. If you think you've got me, if you think you've made a point, if you think you can say something that will back me into a corner, if you think you can say ANYTHING that I haven't encountered a hundred times before from people with ten times your level of intelligence, etc, etc, - YOU'RE WRONG. Any such thought in your brain should serve as a signal to you that YOU have made some sort of error and that you should tread carefully so as not to make yourself look any more stupid than you already do.

That is not said as a mere insult by the way, although I do acknowledge that it is insulting and intentionally so. The insult isn't the main point. I'm serious. You are clearly a few fries short of a happy meal here. You're in past your depth and simply haven't any idea what you're talking about.

Clete

quip

BANNED
Banned
Answer what?

I responded directly. You're projecting.

Asked and answered.

The fact that you can read and understand this sentence is proof that God exists.
Ok.

As for what sort of person God is (i.e. whether the Christian God exists) is a different and more complex question but you're an atheist and so we have to start at the beginning. You want to jump straight from whether God exists at all or whether Christians or Muslims have the right ideas about who God is and at the same time you want to treat those two separate questions as though they are the same question and then act as if I'm avoiding the topic when I don't follow you down the path of stupidity that you've laid out.

So, you're claiming both religions are equal paths to God?

Again, you really need to try to keep it straight which one of us is stupid and which isn't. Here's a clue. If you think you've got me, if you think you've made a point, if you think you can say something that will back me into a corner, if you think you can say ANYTHING that I haven't encountered a hundred times before from people with ten times your level of intelligence, etc, etc, - YOU'RE WRONG. Any such thought in your brain should serve as a signal to you that YOU have made some sort of error and that you should tread carefully so as not to make yourself look any more stupid than you already do.

That is not said as a mere insult by the way, although I do acknowledge that it is insulting and intentionally so. The insult isn't the main point. I'm serious. You are clearly a few fries short of a happy meal here. You're in past your depth and simply haven't any idea what you're talking about.

Clete

You just couldn't resist...could you? :chuckle:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
So, you're claiming both religions are equal paths to God?

I said nothing that anyone with a working brain could possibly interpret as having been anywhere near that!

You are literally too stupid to waste time with.

Good bye! :wave:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
seems to be a lot of that here today

I cannot understand what possible motive anyone could have for doing what quip does. I wonder what he thinks he's accomplishing?

Is it simple stupidity or is it evil? Its hard for me to fathom that someone can be so filled with hatred toward God that they would make up things like that to say in response to a perfectly reasonable argument. Not only that but it seems like it would be really difficult to keep it up so consistently and so my default assumption is stupidity but perhaps, in this case, stupidity and evil are just two sides of the same coin.

Either way, it makes for the dullest, most boring (not to mention frustrating) debate imaginable. Definitely not worth my time, that much is for certain!

Clete

quip

BANNED
Banned
I cannot understand what possible motive anyone could have for doing what quip does. I wonder what he thinks he's accomplishing?

Is it simple stupidity or is it evil? Its hard for me to fathom that someone can be so filled with hatred toward God that they would make up things like that to say in response to a perfectly reasonable argument. Not only that but it seems like it would be really difficult to keep it up so consistently and so my default assumption is stupidity but perhaps, in this case, stupidity and evil are just two sides of the same coin.

Either way, it makes for the dullest, most boring (not to mention frustrating) debate imaginable. Definitely not worth my time, that much is for certain!

Clete

If you didn't dance around my questions it would have been amazingly easy.

You say all the evidence needed for God is contained in the Bible.
I say all the evidence for God is in the Koran.

By what nonpartisan evidence is the former correct thus the latter false?

Status
Not open for further replies.