OVERCOMING

DougE

I am of the opion that all references to overcoming is to be applied to Israel and not the Body of Christ.
The churches in Revelation are churches in the future. The book of Revelation concerns Israel.
2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. Revelation 2:7
The tree of life will be found in the new Jerusalem, the future eartly kingdom of Israel.
21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. Revelation 21:2
The body of Christ has a future in the heavenly places not the earthly.
1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Ephesians 1:3
It is for Israel to reign over the nations on earth.
2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: Revelation 2:26
5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. Revelation 5:10
The book of life is for Israel.
3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. Revelation 3:5
Revelation 21:27 refers once again to the new Jerusalem on earth.
21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. Revelation 21:27
3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. Revelation 3:12
To him that overcometh will be granted to sit on the throne.
3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. Revelation 3:21
To sit on the throne was allocated to the Jews.
19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Matthew 19:28
He that overcometh shall obtain the inheritance.
21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. Revelation 21:7
Israel will inherit the kingdom.
25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Matthew 25:34
Israel will overcome.
5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?1 John 5:5