Rejoice, because your names are written in heaven !

beloved57

Luke 10:17-20

17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Can ones name written in heaven be blotted out ? The answer is NO, for it has been permanently written in heaven. This was discovered by a simple reading of the greek wherein the word written in Vs 20 is in the perfect indicative passive, which the perfect tense denotes:

"The perfect tense expresses perfective action. Perfective action involves a present state which has resulted from a past action. The present state is a continuing state; the past action is a completed action.

So the proper notion here is that their names have been permanently written in heaven.

Hence the reason why they should be rejoicing !

Nanja

Luke 10:17-20

17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Can ones name written in heaven be blotted out ? The answer is NO, for it has been permanently written in heaven. This was discovered by a simple reading of the greek wherein the word written in Vs 20 is in the perfect indicative passive, which the perfect tense denotes:

"The perfect tense expresses perfective action. Perfective action involves a present state which has resulted from a past action. The present state is a continuing state; the past action is a completed action.

So the proper notion here is that their names have been permanently written in heaven.

Hence the reason why they should be rejoicing !

Amen! So those whose names were permanently written in Heaven, in the Book of Life of the Lamb Rev. 13:8, have reason to Rejoice because Christ was the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace Heb. 13:20. In other words, He was the Redeemer of all God's Elect [Sheep] before He ever was Creator. God the Father had determined to impute /charge all the sins they would ever commit to their Surety Christ Jesus instead of them Is. 53:6.