Why I say that I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Since it is after sundown when I post this, here in Tacoma, Washington, I am telling you that today is Shishi, 8-28. Shishi means sixth. It is the eighth month the twenty-eighth day.

Because I have been asked about why or if I can share something instead of just saying that I am. I make many posts stating such.

Why do I say that I am a proselyte and a convert? I can answer this in more than one way.

First, no one has required me to do so.

To the Jew it shows my sincerity.

To the Gentile or the Christian it explains something needed to understand what I am saying.

I can explain what I believe maybe. But usually I have made a statement and or asked a question.

As a Jew I know that there are two kinds of proselytes, but I forget what they are at the moment. I believe one has actually become a Jew though was not born a Jew, and the other does Jewish things or has shown interest or something, but has not fully embraced Judaism or being a Jew or something?

In the Bible proselytes are mentioned. I do not know if converts are. Depending on who I am talking to a person may understand one better than the other, but I also am communicating who I am and sometimes what I know.

A proselyte to or of Israel.
A convert to or of Israel.
A proselyte to or of Judaism.
A convert to or of Judaism.

Israel is a people, a nation.
Judaism is a faith, a belief, a religion, or something else.

I observe the Torah. There are 613 Commandments found in the Torah. I accept the TaNaKh, Matthew through Revelation, and Yeshua HaMashiach, Yeshua Messiah, Jesus the Christ. The New Covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts. It is in Yeshua Messiah, in His blood shed for us in His (substitutionary) death. He rose from the dead. In Him we have salvation, the forgiveness of sins, and the free gift of eternal life.

What can I share with you about being a Jew, Jewish, Judaism, Israel, Torah, the TaNaKh, Scripture, The Scriptures, The Jewish Bible, The Hebrew Bible, Matthew through Revelation, The Messiah, God's Commandments, Jewish beliefs and practices, Christian beliefs and practices, doctrines, etc... (I have said that I am not a Christian, but I used to be, and I have nothing against Christians or Christianity even though or if I do believe differently). Let me know.

I hope this helps to answer your question if you have asked this. And I hope that it does even if you have not. Questions? Let me know.

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I do not know what that is. I am for Judaism. Where does your idea come from and what is it?

You may not have known Judah was taken into captivity by the Babylonians.

The temple in Jerusalem was destroyed. This was the temple Solomon built.

While in Babylon the leaders developed a new religion.

After a new temple was built Mosaic law was restored.

This lasted until 70 CE when temple was again destroyed.

The Judeans reverted back to the Babylonian version.

The Babylonian version does not require a temple or priesthood.

This version does not require atonement, redemption, or a Savior.

It's a bootstrap religion. Don't fall for it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You may not have known Judah was taken into captivity by the Babylonians.

The temple in Jerusalem was destroyed. This was the temple Solomon built.

While in Babylon the leaders developed a new religion.

After a new temple was built Mosaic law was restored.

This lasted until 70 CE when temple was again destroyed.

The Judeans reverted back to the Babylonian version.

The Babylonian version does not require a temple or priesthood.

This version does not require atonement, redemption, or a Savior.

It's a bootstrap religion. Don't fall for it.
I do not know that it exists, but I do not fall for that.