Salvation by Being Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvation by Being Good

I have come to the conclusion that all that is needed for salvation is repentance from wickedness - if a person is wicked. Most are not.

Faith in Jesus was added to the equation to bring people to repentance by demonstrating God's love and providing a graphic visual to the effect that if one repents he will be forgiven, and then to provide power to overcome sin, whether those sins are wickedness which leads to damnation or other sins that so easily beset us.

Salvation in the scriptures is "restoration to wholeness" and a person that is whole (not wicked) will enter eternal life. All sin causes spiritual death in the hear and now to some degree and so all sin causes lack of wholeness to some degree so all people need salvation to some degree, if we understand what the Greek word sozo means.

We don't "earn" salvation by doing good works, but a good person does not need to receive eternal life because he already has it.

This is the verse that has rocked my Evangelical boat:

Lk. 10:25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
    26 "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"
    27 He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
    28 "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE."
    Atheism is a advertising nightmare as in what you see is what you get and when you die that's it. - DaveDodo007

Totally depraved doctrine.
    Uncertain salvation.
    Luck of the draw.
    Irresistible damnation.
    Persecution of the saints.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

You are an unregenerate, unrepentant heretic.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Truster View Post
      You are an unregenerate, unrepentant heretic.
      I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you! I wear the Heretic badge with honor. Unrepentant? Yes, because I am not wicked so don't need to repent of my wickedness. That's a good thing. Unregenerate? Well, according to John everyone who does what is right is born again so you missed that one. But thanks for playing. Two out of three ain't bad.
      Atheism is a advertising nightmare as in what you see is what you get and when you die that's it. - DaveDodo007

Uncertain salvation.
      Luck of the draw.
      Irresistible damnation.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Comment

Originally posted by Krsto View Post
        I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you! I wear the Heretic badge with honor. Unrepentant? Yes, because I am not wicked so don't need to repent of my wickedness. That's a good thing. Unregenerate? Well, according to John everyone who does what is right is born again so you missed that one. But thanks for playing. Two out of three ain't bad.
        You have a superstition and that is all.
        I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
        A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
        If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Comment

You have a superstition and that is all.
          "Jesus saves" is superstition?

Uncertain salvation.
          Luck of the draw.
          Irresistible damnation.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Comment

"Jesus saves" is superstition?
            He doesn't save everyone. There are false brethren, false teachers and false witnesses. Based on what you have written I would not call you brother, because the truth is not in you.

Comment

He doesn't save everyone. There are false brethren, false teachers and false witnesses. Based on what you have written I would not call you brother, because the truth is not in you.
              No skin off my back. What do you think of the answer Jesus gave regarding how to inherit eternal life? Does that fit into your religious dogma?

Uncertain salvation.
              Luck of the draw.
              Irresistible damnation.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Comment

No skin off my back. What do you think of the answer Jesus gave regarding how to inherit eternal life? Does that fit into your religious indoctrination?
                I've never received any indoctrination. I was atheist until July 17th 1999 at 10:30am at which point in time I was converted. I didn't ask nor want to be saved but I was and I am.

Comment

We don't "earn" salvation by doing good works, but a good person does not need to receive eternal life because he already has it.
                  A good person? Are you kidding?

Jesus said just the opposite.

"Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, 'Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?'

So Jesus said to him, 'Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.'" (Luke 18:18-19)

Comment

Originally posted by jamie View Post
                    A good person? Are you kidding?

Jesus said just the opposite.

"Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, 'Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?'

So Jesus said to him, 'Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.'" (Luke 18:18-19)
                    How is this supposed to refute what Jesus said in Lk. 10:25? Obviously, there is "good", as in "as good as God", and there's "good," as in "Good enough for God." What kinda "good" are we talking about here?

Uncertain salvation.
                    Luck of the draw.
                    Irresistible damnation.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Comment

I've never received any indoctrination. I was atheist until July 17th 1999 at 10:30am at which point in time I was converted. I didn't ask nor want to be saved but I was and I am.
                      You didn't answer my question. Are you just trolling?

Uncertain salvation.
                      Luck of the draw.
                      Irresistible damnation.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Comment

You didn't answer my question. Are you just trolling?
                        I only answer sincere questions from those that are hungry for truth. You don't have that hunger.

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that all that is needed for salvation is repentance from wickedness - if a person is wicked. Most are not.

Faith in Jesus was added to the equation to bring people to repentance by demonstrating God's love and providing a graphic visual to the effect that if one repents he will be forgiven, and then to provide power to overcome sin, whether those sins are wickedness which leads to damnation or other sins that so easily beset us.

Salvation in the scriptures is "restoration to wholeness" and a person that is whole (not wicked) will enter eternal life. All sin causes spiritual death in the hear and now to some degree and so all sin causes lack of wholeness to some degree so all people need salvation to some degree, if we understand what the Greek word sozo means.

This is the verse that has rocked my Evangelical boat:

Lk. 10:25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
                          26 "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"
                          27 He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
                          28 "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE."
                          Those verses were the answer in the Gospel times, but with the accomplished works of Jesus Christ, the new and better standard is Romans 10:9-10
                          "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Comment

I only answer sincere questions from those that are hungry for truth. You don't have that hunger.
                            Of course. Does anyone who comes to different conclusions than you?

Uncertain salvation.
                            Luck of the draw.
                            Irresistible damnation.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Comment

Of course. Does anyone who comes to different conclusions than you?
                              Truth is absolute and is not open nor subject to conclusions. Scripture can only mean what it meant to those that first heard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X