Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The term Godhead

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The term Godhead

    The term "Godhead" is an English variant of the word "godhood" and was first introduced by John Wycliffe (1330-1384 C.E.) in English Bible versions as godhede.

    The word "Godhead" is a translation of three different Greek words, theion (meaning "divinity, deity", # 2304 in Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament) at Acts 17:29, theiotēs (meaning "divinity, divine nature", # 2305 in Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament) at Romans 1:20, and theotēs (meaning "deity", # 2320 in Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament) at Colossians 2:9.

    To translate three different Greek words as one word and deviously incorrect at that in the King James Bible, is no different than translating in the King James Bible, the Hebrew word she’ol´ with three different English words of "hell" (10 times), "grave" (31 times), and "pit" (3 times).

    This is not unlike having three different names for one street on a map (with the real name hidden), so that when a person used it, he wound up lost. Likewise of those who read Bibles with "Godhead" in it, thereby misleading a person that the trinity is "real".

    Hence, the need for an accurate Bible, one that renders Hebrew and Greek words and phrases with a high degree of precision, just as a map that can be counted on to provide exact information. Unfortunately, many Bibles follow the lead of the King James Bible, or is otherwise biased, because the trinity, along with a host of other religious teachings that are not true, that has such a strangle hold on so many.

  • #2
    Shalom.

    Colossians 2:9 says

    For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CherubRam View Post
      The term "Godhead" is an English variant of the word "godhood" and was first introduced by John Wycliffe (1330-1384 C.E.) in English Bible versions as godhede.

      The word "Godhead" is a translation of three different Greek words, theion (meaning "divinity, deity", # 2304 in Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament) at Acts 17:29, theiotēs (meaning "divinity, divine nature", # 2305 in Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament) at Romans 1:20, and theotēs (meaning "deity", # 2320 in Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament) at Colossians 2:9.

      To translate three different Greek words as one word and deviously incorrect at that in the King James Bible, is no different than translating in the King James Bible, the Hebrew word she’ol´ with three different English words of "hell" (10 times), "grave" (31 times), and "pit" (3 times).

      This is not unlike having three different names for one street on a map (with the real name hidden), so that when a person used it, he wound up lost. Likewise of those who read Bibles with "Godhead" in it, thereby misleading a person that the trinity is "real".

      Hence, the need for an accurate Bible, one that renders Hebrew and Greek words and phrases with a high degree of precision, just as a map that can be counted on to provide exact information. Unfortunately, many Bibles follow the lead of the King James Bible, or is otherwise biased, because the trinity, along with a host of other religious teachings that are not true, that has such a strangle hold on so many.
      No biggie... I don't even have to Nit-Pick...

      You're entire argument about Jesus not being God hinges on what "The Malak Yahweh" means. And... if you really want to go here... I can quote it so hard, you will either show how deeply you are twisting scripture or yield to the... AHEM... TRUTH.

      Shall we dance?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jacob View Post
        Shalom.

        Colossians 2:9 says

        For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form.

        Shalom.

        Jacob


        Jacob!!!! You posted this!

        Holy Goodness!!! Awesome POST!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)> View Post


          Jacob!!!! You posted this!

          Holy Goodness!!! Awesome POST!!!
          Shalom.

          Jacob

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jacob View Post
            Shalom.

            Jacob
            I'm not down playing this!!!! I'm seriously jawdropped right now! I'm making a big deal about this! JACOB... I ain't JOKING! If you keep this up... I'm going to end up making a party OP celebrating a possibility that is seeming to be arising in you and your understanding!

            with the finest and SHALOM!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)> View Post
              I'm not down playing this!!!! I'm seriously jawdropped right now! I'm making a big deal about this! JACOB... I ain't JOKING! If you keep this up... I'm going to end up making a party OP celebrating a possibility that is seeming to be arising in you and your understanding!

              with the finest and SHALOM!
              Shalom.

              I am glad to have posted what and as I did. This post does have a lot of history to it, and how I (have been able to make/)made it. I understand that translations other than the NASB read differently.

              Shalom.

              Jacob

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                Shalom.

                I am glad to have posted what and as I did. This post does have a lot of history to it, and how I (have been able to make/)made it. I understand that translations other than the NASB read differently.

                Shalom.

                Jacob
                I'm not pushing anything here... but I highly recommend this translation... as I am very partial to it.

                - EE (Formerly Nameless.In.Grace)

                http://www.biblestudytools.com/cjb/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)> View Post
                  I'm not pushing anything here... but I highly recommend this translation... as I am very partial to it.

                  - EE (Formerly Nameless.In.Grace)

                  http://www.biblestudytools.com/cjb/
                  Shalom.

                  Are you suggesting a translation (of the Bible) or are you suggesting a different reading of this verse?

                  Shalom.

                  Jacob

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                    Shalom.

                    Are you suggesting a translation (of the Bible) or are you suggesting a different reading of this verse?

                    Shalom.

                    Jacob
                    My friend... I'm revealing my favorite translation to you. That was my simple purpose. It is the "Complete Jewish Bible"... and it is one of the greatest provisions in the English language that binds the New and Old Testament back to their Jewish roots, while making matters much more clear.

                    And... I wasn't joking about Jews for Jesus and their web site. I've conversed with the Messianic Jews there many times and I'm always glad I did. No "mere human" in infallible... but the CJB and Jews for Jesus are pretty jam up places to search out.

                    ToL is my fave place of all... but... I figured I would attempt to give you a couple more references for your theological arsenal.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)> View Post
                      My friend... I'm revealing my favorite translation to you. That was my simple purpose. It is the "Complete Jewish Bible"... and it is one of the greatest provisions in the English language that binds the New and Old Testament back to their Jewish roots, while making matters much more clear.

                      And... I wasn't joking about Jews for Jesus and their web site. I've conversed with the Messianic Jews there many times and I'm always glad I did. No "mere human" in infallible... but the CJB and Jews for Jesus are pretty jam up places to search out.

                      ToL is my fave place of all... but... I figured I would attempt to give you a couple more references for your theological arsenal.
                      Shalom.

                      I know about the Complete Jewish Bible. I do not divide the Bible into Old Testament and New Testament. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation. I can read Genesis through Malachi.

                      Shalom.

                      Jacob

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)> View Post
                        No biggie... I don't even have to Nit-Pick...

                        You're entire argument about Jesus not being God hinges on what "The Malak Yahweh" means. And... if you really want to go here... I can quote it so hard, you will either show how deeply you are twisting scripture or yield to the... AHEM... TRUTH.

                        Shall we dance?
                        LOL. I do not know of any person that knows more about scriptures than I do. I discuss scriptures with Rabbi's and pastors. Have a nice day.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CherubRam View Post
                          LOL. I do not know of any person that knows more about scriptures than I do. I discuss scriptures with Rabbi's and pastors. Have a nice day.
                          There's Pride and an inability to "discuss" scripture with humility. What point is there if you are going to discount what I said without even addressing it on any level... what-so-ever.

                          Jesus Christ says HE is the FINAL WORD on scripture... so... how is it that you are now claiming authority?

                          I see self exaltation in your words... and I haven't seen that before.

                          I believe I now know how to dismember your stance on scripture. I hit a nerve. Noted.

                          - EE

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X