Psalm 146:9

Truster

A few different translations of Psalm 146:9 and they all point in the same direction. That, “there is no peace unto the wicked” and that the Eternal Almighty has each and every means at His disposal to bring about this verse. As in all scripture the verse has a contrast and that would be, “there is peace unto the just”.

Psalm 146:9 ….but the way of the wicked he twisteth.
…….but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.
…….but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.
…….But he keeps wicked people from reaching their goal.
…….And the way of the wicked He turneth upside down.

I've seen this verse in action time and time again. When you rise up against the truth and trust or His sons then this is a taste what you will face. I say taste, because the full force of His indignant wrath, is indescribable. In His mercy He will frustrate the wicked in their ways for some time and if these frustrations apply to you then you should pause for thought, contemplation and meditation.

Truster

good post

Its interesting that you used the term "act", because the term "followers" has been mistranslated. The original conveys the sense of "to mimic", be ye mimickers of me said Paul. The term is used 8 times in scripture and that's 7 times by Paul and 1 by Peter. The translators would have been hesitant in using mimickers, because in the 1600's it was the method of actors to mimic people in authority. So they changed it to "followers".

Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers (mimickers) of me. 1 Cor 4:16 KJV

Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ. 1 Cor 11:1 NASB

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Its interesting that you used the term "act", because the term "followers" has been mistranslated. The original conveys the sense of "to mimic", be ye mimickers of me said Paul. The term is used 8 times in scripture and that's 7 times by Paul and 1 by Peter. The translators would have been hesitant in using mimickers, because in the 1600's it was the method of actors to mimic people in authority. So they changed it to "followers".

Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers (mimickers) of me. 1 Cor 4:16 KJV

Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ. 1 Cor 11:1 NASB
I know those scriptures well, I'm MAD. Actually, what I said was, stop acting like YOU ARE Jesus.

Truster

I know those scriptures well, I'm MAD. Actually, what I said was, stop acting like YOU ARE Jesus.

I sincerely confess that I have never, consciously, acted as though I am Yah Shua. You have however given me cause for thought. This thought:
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.