A Body You Have Prepared For Me

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]A Body You Have Prepared For Me.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Psalm 40 commentary.
N.I.V. foot note for [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalms 40:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot] reads:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “Hebrew; Septuagint: but a body you have prepared for me. (See also Symmachus and Theodotion)” End of quote. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Symmachus the Ebonite was a late 2nd century author of one of the Greek versions of the Old Testament.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Theodotion 200 A.D.
Theodotion was a Jewish scholar, perhaps working in Ephesus, who translated the Hebrew Bible into Greek. Whether he was revising the Septuagint, or was working from Hebrew manuscripts that represented a parallel tradition that has not survived, and is debated. His finished version, which filled some lacunae in the Septuagint version of the Book of Jeremiah and Book of Job, formed one column in Origen's Hexapla. (The Hexapla presented six Hebrew and Greek texts side-by-side: two Greek versions, by Aquila of Sinope and Symmachus, preceding the Septuagint, and Theodotian's version following it, apparently reflecting a contemporary understanding of their historical sequence.

Theodotion's translation was so widely copied in the Early Christian church, that it superseded the Septuagint Book of Daniel. Jerome, in his preface to Daniel records the rejection of the Septuagint version in Christian usage, asserting that its translation was very faulty.

Although Theodotion was Anti-Christ, it may not have occurred to him to change the Hebrew Psalm script from reading: “But a body you have prepared for me.” In [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hebrews 10:5[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the verse is also repeated. “Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;”…

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 Peter 3:18[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit.

Orthodox Jews claim that He (God) would not father a child upon a human woman. So, the idea of Christ being a human, fathered by the Holy Spirit is not 'impossible', it would just prove God to be a liar. If the lineage goes through Mary, it does not count because tribal lineage only goes through the father, while national lineage only goes through the mother. If it goes through Joseph, it does not count, because Joseph was not his father.

I would like to state that Christians never claimed that God procreated through Mary, but that He (God) created a body in the linage of David. I do not think that that linage ruling was in effect at the time of Christ birth.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2 John 1:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Yahshua Messiah as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 John 2:22[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Yahshua is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son. 23. No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
24. See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 25. And this is what he even promised us—eternal life.
26. I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27. As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Masoretes Version[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalms 40:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but my ears you have pierced;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
burnt offerings and sin offerings
you did not require.
7. Then I said, "Here I am, I have come—
it is written about me in the scroll.

If those who are the Anti-Christ deny that the Messiah would come in bodily form, then it is very likely for them to have changed the Hebrew text of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Psalms 40:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to read:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “but my ears you have pierced”…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Long before the Christian era the scripture read: "a body you have prepared for me." The Masoretes Version is a late entry into the bible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Sonnet

[FONT="]Orthodox Jews claim that He (God) would not father a child upon a human woman. So, the idea of Christ being a human, fathered by the Holy Spirit is not 'impossible', it would just prove God to be a liar. If the lineage goes through Mary, it does not count because tribal lineage only goes through the father, while national lineage only goes through the mother. If it goes through Joseph, it does not count, because Joseph was not his father.

Could you explain this please?

Why not a woman mother? Why would God be a lying, and what is the lie?

You are saying that if the lineage is through Mary then we cannot know if Christ was of the tribe of Judah?

CherubRam

Could you explain this please?

Why not a woman mother? Why would God be a lying, and what is the lie?

You are saying that if the lineage is through Mary then we cannot know if Christ was of the tribe of Judah?
That is what Orthodox Jews claim, not me.

Samie

A Body you have prepared for me. What is this Body?

On the cross, a One New Man was created: Christ the Head; humanity the Body. It was in that Body that He carried the sin of Humanity (1 Pet 2:24) because humanity (Jews and Gentiles) was fashioned as His Body on the cross (Eph 2:11-19). When He the Head died, the Body died and therefore all died (2 Cor 5;14, 15), being His Body. When He resurrected, the Body was made alive TOGETHER with Him (Eph 2:4-6; Col 2:1), born again into a living hope of life eternal (1 Pet 1:3).

Being part of His Body, we are In Christ Who is our life (Col 3:4) and therefore spiritually alive. Attached to Him Who is our Strength (Phil 4:13), we have His Power to overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21). And overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life (Rev 3:5).

That's the gospel in a nutshell.

keypurr

The true Son of God is spirit and needed a body to manifest God to mankind. God is spirit, his express image is also spirit. When will folks realize this important truth. God SENT his son to dwell in Jesus, the body prepared for him.

Samie

The true Son of God is spirit and needed a body to manifest God to mankind. God is spirit, his express image is also spirit. When will folks realize this important truth. God SENT his son to dwell in Jesus, the body prepared for him.
Yes. But it does not make void the fact that on the cross, the Father through the Son created the One New Man: Jesus the Head; humanity (Jews and Gentiles) the Body. Eph 2:11-19.