meshak

BANNED
Banned
killing children is murder

stopping murderers is justice

Killing murderers with your own hands?

God says vengeance is Mine.

You are not God.

Anyway, why do you intervene the world's affair?

Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

You disregard too many of His word.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You guys sound so panicked because you cannot refute Jesus' teachings of "love your enemy".

You are correct meshak.

Notice how angry these people get when they are asked to back their positions with scripture from Jesus and/or Paul to support their killings and wars?

Lon

I don't think James was thinking of killing when he talked about "doing good"
Convenient for you I guess. :nono: Not for me. :(

I'm a firm believer in the New Covenant. Passages written to Old Covenant believers don't apply to us NC believers.
I still have an O.T. in my Bible. I admit to having a couple of New Testaments alone. Again, this is convenient for you, not for me.
As a Covenant Theologian, I'm particularly interested in applicable universal truths and directives. I don't believe God changed His character an iota from the Old to the New.

Again, written before the NC was put in place. However, there is no indication that Jesus had them bring a sword for killing or war.
Are you New Covenant or Dispensational? Our respective theologies won't have us outside of each other's understanding of the Body (Meshak disagrees with you on that point), but it will have us looking to application of our faith differently.

Also, it's hard to reconcile Luke 22:36 with the following words of Jesus:

(Matt 26:52) “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.
Likewise, a Chaplain doesn't engage with his platoon. He specifically has a different job and duty.

It made it an awkward question for one who is not entirely a pacifist. I assume, as a father, my role is 1 Corinthians 7:28 to be concerned with specific duties and issues involved with that duty. I don't have the convenience of carrying the single-man's duties. We are two different guys with two 'different' God-given duties, imho and as far as I understand 1 Corinthians 7. -Lon

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
killing children is murder

What if it's a 6 year old male Shiite Muslim terrorist with a bomb on his back running into a Jewish Synagogue on Yom Kippur to blow up all the Jews in the building?

If you kill this 6 year old boy before he enters the Synagogue is it still murder?

stopping murderers is justice

Once again, please show scripture from the New Testament that supports this opinion. Cause, there is verse, after verse in the NT that says the opposite.

Lon

LOL.....you think that by committing a crime, you can stop a crime.

Again, show us a passage from Jesus and/or Paul that tells us to kill in order to prevent a crime?

If conversation is going to degenerate to accusatory, I'm going to have to bow out. Posturing over something like this only produces an 'us/them' banter-fest imho.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

I still have an O.T. in my Bible. I admit to having a couple of New Testaments alone. Again, this is convenient for you, not for me.
As a Covenant Theologian, I'm particularly interested in applicable universal truths and directives. I don't believe God changed His character an iota from the Old to the New.

Are you New Covenant or Dispensational? Our respective theologies won't have us outside of each other's understanding of the Body (Meshak disagrees with you on that point), but it will have us looking to application of our faith differently.

Likewise, a Chaplain doesn't engage with his platoon. He specifically has a different job and duty.

It made it an awkward question for one who is not entirely a pacifist. I assume, as a father, my role is 1 Corinthians 7:28 to be concerned with specific duties and issues involved with that duty. I don't have the convenience of carrying the single-man's duties. We are two different guys with two 'different' God-given duties, imho and as far as I understand 1 Corinthians 7. -Lon

wow talk about elusive discourse.

Your convenient reasoning will not change the fact that true Christians are pacifists.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If conversation is going to degenerate to accusatory, I'm going to have to bow out. Posturing over something.

i agree, but for different reasons

Spoiler
44686295.jpg

:wave2:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If conversation is going to degenerate to accusatory, I'm going to have to bow out.

I'm not sure how it's not "accusatory". If you're advocating that killing is the only way to stop killing, then of course it's accusatory.

drbrumley

What if it's a 6 year old male Shiite Muslim terrorist with a bomb on his back running into a Jewish Synagogue on Yom Kippur to blow up all the Jews in the building?

That's a different question though isn't it? Funny you guys use an extreme case and pass it off as normalcy...

And what's the deal with Muslims....you hate them or what?

If you kill this 6 year old boy before he enters the Synagogue is it still murder?

Are we allowed to defend ourselves?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Lon,

I have invited you this thread because you have been avoiding to discuss Jesus' teachings.

And here you are, still doing the same thing.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Sorry, just don't see any of Jesus' followers advocating killing.
As a Covenant Theologian, I'm particularly interested in applicable universal truths and directives.

Well....I believe there were numerous changes from the OC to the NC. Besides dietary, the priesthood, etc., NC believers are told by Jesus and Paul to no longer hate your enemies, but to love your enemies.
I don't believe God changed His character an iota from the Old to the New.

That's correct, God didn't change, but the covenants changes drastically. The writer of Hebrews, along with Jeremiah, makes it crystal clear that the OC was obsolete, and was replaced with a greater covenant.

Are you New Covenant or Dispensational?

I despise all things Dispensational.

Our respective theologies won't have us outside of each other's understanding of the Body

Well...I don't see any teachings from Jesus or Paul (or anyone else) that tell anyone in the Body to kill.