Christian vs Jewish

God's Truth

Jesus was conceived by the Father.

And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you. Therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God." (Luke 1:35)​
The Father is the Highest.

Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

katiecrna

Some sects of Jews not only have dietary restrictions which is in their Torah, but they also still sacrifice animals (chickens). Which is obviously in their Torah.

I think that as a Christian, we obviously believe in the while bible, but it's hard to decide which rules apply today and which ones don't. And I understand that this is not the point, I love Jesus and I know that loving him and serving others is the point. But what if... Like these things really are important to God? You know what I mean? The reality is, we don't really know, maybe God wants us women to stop cover our heads during prayer ect.
I just want to make God happy and do the right thing.

God's Truth

Some sects of Jews not only have dietary restrictions which is in their Torah, but they also still sacrifice animals (chickens). Which is obviously in their Torah.

I think that as a Christian, we obviously believe in the while bible, but it's hard to decide which rules apply today and which ones don't. And I understand that this is not the point, I love Jesus and I know that loving him and serving others is the point. But what if... Like these things really are important to God? You know what I mean? The reality is, we don't really know, maybe God wants us women to stop cover our heads during prayer ect.
I just want to make God happy and do the right thing.

You will not find God in any denomination, for they all teach falseness.

We are to search for God, and we do that by getting Jesus' teachings.

We find God by obeying Jesus' teachings.

Greek2Me

It is certainly commendable that most Jews are “tight knit”, but Christians are also encouraged to support one another, both spiritually and in more tangible ways. (Sorry that we often fall short here). But I'm not sure they should be commended for “minding their own business” and not “putting their energy into converting others”, since this is the command of Christ, to, “Go and make disciples of all nations...(Matt 28:19). Failing to do so is to leave those for whom Christ died in darkness and subject to the coming judgement of God. I've recently spent some time with a wonderful Jewish man who bluntly told me, “Most Jews have absolutlely NO interest in converting Gentiles. We are God's Chosen People. If Gentiles all go to hell, they deserve it. What is that to us?” This is a far cry from, “God so loved the WORLD (Gentiles), that He gave His only Son....(John 3:16)

As to your criticism of Christians as “..telling everyone else... very judgmental...watered down... finding Scripture to back up their lifestyle...” All I can do is sigh, bow my head and ask God to forgive my brothers and sisters in Christ (and MYSELF at times) for living FAR below the standard that He set for those who claim to be his followers.

Your pointed criticisms are all too often true, and it is to the shame of the true Church. One day we will have MUCH to explain to our Lord, and I don't see it going smoothly or pleasantly on that Day. Please be patient, God is still working on most of us. But I am thrilled to know a great many who live as sanctified believers every day, showing His love, grace sacrifice to all the lost.

So do not confuse the value of a “cultural faith” with a “salvation faith”. While the Jews have MUCH for which they should be commended, they have rejected their Messiah, whom God promised and then actually SENT to draw them back to Himself! Admire the Jews. Pray for the Jews. But between the two, I would gladly claim as brothers and sisters those battered, former sinners, who often “get it wrong”, and fall short of their own claims. Because, one day, the Righteous One will return, cleanse us FULLY, and welcome us to be with Him forever.

In your later post, you said, "I just want to make God happy and do the right thing." And this is exactly what He wants to accomplish in you. He sacrificed His Son to make it possible and sends His Spirit to fill those who believe in order to make it reality. Trust in Him, keep that "I want to make God happy" attitude and you will find that you do exactly that! May the God of Truth and Holiness bless you each and every day as you live for Him!

Greek2Me

Keep in mind that the various Old Testament "laws and regulations" fell into three categories; moral, civil and ceremonial. The first group, "moral laws" (i.e. Thou shalt not...) were absolute, for all time, and are each repeated throughout New Testament to emphasize that they are still fully in effect. The second group is related to societal and criminal activities and (I believe) that God has given men the authority to enact, amend or remove them as needed. The third group, "ceremonial laws" had to do with "rituals of purity", involving various "washings" and "covering" of sins" through blood sacrifices. This last group (including the dietary laws) are those which Jesus "came to fulfill" (Matt 5:17) and WERE completely fulfilled in the perfect life and death of Jesus, and hold no effect on the believer today. Most attempts to "keep them" are attempts to somehow "add our own touch of righteousness" to the sacrifice of Christ, hardly necessary when He said "It is FINISHED", declaring that all which needed to be done to accomplish salvation HAD been done, and there was nothing to be added to it. It may take a bit of study to determine which are only "ritual" (and not applicable today), but the Holy Spirit will guide you here.

Danoh

You're off base as to the third group - there is James in Acts 21 - with thousands of Jews which believe - keeping that third category.

Why? Because their issue is the issue of outer cleansing.

A cleansing that could never make the comers therein perfect inwardly; which is what Christ accomplished.

But submit to their outward cleansing rituals as Messianic Jews said Messianic Jews in Acts (even Paul when in their midst), had remained under, as guided by the Spirit.

Said third category was a sanctification, not a justification issue - within Messianic Judaism, then still on the scene.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Say what?!

It's an aspect of Paul's teaching.

Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ. (1 Corinthians 10:1-4)​