Right Divider

Body part
the church
-has the power to bind and loose
-and
-that means it can make changes
-that
-will be accepted by God in heaven
Yes, Peter loosed in Gal 2/Acts 15 and therefore there is currently no binding per that instruction.

You make it sound like Peter gets to run God. WRONG.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this could be the most interesting collection of posters I have ever had in one of my threads

Who Posted?
Posts 49
KingdomRose
Posts 42
God's Truth
Posts 34
Nihilo
Posts 31
brewmama
Posts 21
chrysostom
Posts 16
SaulToPaul
Posts 14
HisServant
Posts 13
csuguy
Posts 9
Cruciform
Posts 9
jamie
Posts 8
Ktoyou
Posts 6
Jer17.5Ps50-Mt543
Posts 4
Right Divider
Posts 4
turbosixx
Posts 4
Crucible
Posts 3
patrick jane
Posts 2
iamaberean
Posts 2
Totton Linnet
Posts 2
Nick M
Posts 2
Grosnick Marowbe
Posts 2
Zeke
Posts 1
Bradley D
Posts 1
meshak
Posts 1
john w
Posts 1
heir

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus described hell as an unquenchable fire(Matthew 3:12), a place of eternal fire,(Matthew 25:41) eternal punishment(Matthew 25:46), and as a place of torment, fire, and agony(Luke 16:23-24). Jesus taught specifically about hell many times in his ministry (Matthew 5:22, 29-30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15,33; Mark 9:43-47; Luke 12:6; 16:23).
That is ALL completely IRRELEVANT to the issue at hand.

You are all over the place. Please SHOW us how "prison" is "Hell". The Bible does NOT say that.

Also please reconcile these two statements of yours:
  • No. Jesus' body was in Hell.
  • No, not Jesus' BODY. Jesus' Spirit went to prison/Hell/Hades.

Those are two CONTRADICTORY statements. Good luck.

God's Truth

this could be the most interesting collection of posters I have ever had in one of my threads

Who Posted?
Posts 49
KingdomRose
Posts 42
God's Truth
Posts 34
Nihilo
Posts 31
brewmama
Posts 21
chrysostom
Posts 16
SaulToPaul
Posts 14
HisServant
Posts 13
csuguy
Posts 9
Cruciform
Posts 9
jamie
Posts 8
Ktoyou
Posts 6
Jer17.5Ps50-Mt543
Posts 4
Right Divider
Posts 4
turbosixx
Posts 4
Crucible
Posts 3
patrick jane
Posts 2
iamaberean
Posts 2
Totton Linnet
Posts 2
Nick M
Posts 2
Grosnick Marowbe
Posts 2
Zeke
Posts 1
Bradley D
Posts 1
meshak
Posts 1
john w
Posts 1
heir

So?

God's Truth

You are all over the place. Please SHOW us how "prison" is "Hell". The Bible does NOT say that.

I gave SCRIPTURES. Discuss the scriptures I gave! 1 Peter 3:18-19, and 1 Peter 4:5-6.

God's Truth

Where did I ever say Jesus' BODY went to Hell?

Jesus' SPIRIT went to Hell. Our bodies go to the ground. Our spirits either go to prison/Hell/Hades; or paradise/Heaven.

God's Truth

Jesus freeing people from prison is a major sub type, teaching and revelation.

The spirits of people that already died still have a chance to be saved.

Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone's chains came loose.

Psalm 68:6
God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

Acts 4:31
After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.

Acts 12:7
Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. "Quick, get up!" he said, and the chains fell off Peter's wrists.

Acts 12:10
They passed the first and second guards and came to the iron gate leading to the city. It opened for them by itself, and they went through it. When they had walked the length of one street, suddenly the angel left him.
Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled …
Acts 5:19 But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought …
Acts 12:7,10 And, behold, the angel of the Lord came on him, and a light shined …
Matthew 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord …
Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, see, there was …
Revelation 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part …
and every.
Psalm 79:11 Let the sighing of the prisoner come before you; according to the …
Psalm 102:20 To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed …
Psalm 146:7 Which executes judgment for the oppressed: which gives food to the …
Isaiah 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, …
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on me; because the LORD has anointed …
Zechariah 9:11,12 As for you also, by the blood of your covenant I have sent forth …

Matthew 4:12
[ Jesus Begins to Preach ] When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he withdrew to Galilee.
Matthew 5:25
“Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison.
Matthew 11:2
When John, who was in prison, heard about the deeds of the Messiah, he sent his disciples
Matthew 14:3
Now Herod had arrested John and bound him and put him in prison because of Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife,
Matthew 14:10
and had John beheaded in the prison.
Matthew 18:30
“But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt.
Matthew 25:36
I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
Matthew 25:39
When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
Matthew 25:43
I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and inprison and you did not look after me.’
Matthew 25:44
“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
Matthew 27:15
Now it was the governor’s custom at the festival to release a prisoner chosen by the crowd.
Matthew 27:16
At that time they had a well-known prisoner whose name was Jesus Barabbas.
Mark 1:14
[ Jesus Announces the Good News ] After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God.
Mark 6:17
For Herod himself had given orders to have John arrested, and he had him bound and put in prison. He did this because of Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife, whom he had married.
Mark 6:27
So he immediately sent an executioner with orders to bring John’s head. The man went, beheaded John in theprison,
Mark 15:6
Now it was the custom at the festival to release aprisoner whom the people requested.
Mark 15:7
A man called Barabbas was in prison with the insurrectionists who had committed murder in the uprising.
Luke 3:20
Herod added this to them all: He locked John up inprison.
Luke 4:18
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,
Luke 12:58
As you are going with your adversary to the magistrate, try hard to be reconciled on the way, or your adversary may drag you off to the judge, and the judge turn you over to the officer, and the officer throw you intoprison.
Luke 21:12
“But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. They will hand you over to synagogues and put you in prison, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name.
Luke 21:24
They will fall by the sword and will be taken asprisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
Luke 22:33
But he replied, “Lord, I am ready to go with you toprison and to death.”
Luke 23:19
(Barabbas had been thrown into prison for an insurrection in the city, and for murder.)
Luke 23:25
He released the man who had been thrown into prisonfor insurrection and murder, the one they asked for, and surrendered Jesus to their will.

God's Truth

Then you need to be more explicit in your meaning.

What do you expect us to be, mind-readers?

When you simply write: "Jesus' body was in Hell", are we supposed to know what's in your head?

Sometimes people here come in way after the discussions have started.

Please allow for that and know that a kind and humble heart will reach further than any other kind.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus freeing people from prison is a major sub type, teaching and revelation.

The spirits of people that already died still have a chance to be saved.

Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone's chains came loose.

Psalm 68:6
God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

Acts 4:31
After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.

Acts 12:7
Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. "Quick, get up!" he said, and the chains fell off Peter's wrists.

Acts 12:10
They passed the first and second guards and came to the iron gate leading to the city. It opened for them by itself, and they went through it. When they had walked the length of one street, suddenly the angel left him.
Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled …
Acts 5:19 But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought …
Acts 12:7,10 And, behold, the angel of the Lord came on him, and a light shined …
Matthew 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord …
Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, see, there was …
Revelation 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part …
and every.
Psalm 79:11 Let the sighing of the prisoner come before you; according to the …
Psalm 102:20 To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed …
Psalm 146:7 Which executes judgment for the oppressed: which gives food to the …
Isaiah 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, …
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on me; because the LORD has anointed …
Zechariah 9:11,12 As for you also, by the blood of your covenant I have sent forth …

Matthew 4:12
[ Jesus Begins to Preach ] When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he withdrew to Galilee.
Matthew 5:25
“Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison.
Matthew 11:2
When John, who was in prison, heard about the deeds of the Messiah, he sent his disciples
Matthew 14:3
Now Herod had arrested John and bound him and put him in prison because of Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife,
Matthew 14:10
and had John beheaded in the prison.
Matthew 18:30
“But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt.
Matthew 25:36
I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
Matthew 25:39
When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
Matthew 25:43
I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and inprison and you did not look after me.’
Matthew 25:44
“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
Matthew 27:15
Now it was the governor’s custom at the festival to release a prisoner chosen by the crowd.
Matthew 27:16
At that time they had a well-known prisoner whose name was Jesus Barabbas.
Mark 1:14
[ Jesus Announces the Good News ] After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God.
Mark 6:17
For Herod himself had given orders to have John arrested, and he had him bound and put in prison. He did this because of Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife, whom he had married.
Mark 6:27
So he immediately sent an executioner with orders to bring John’s head. The man went, beheaded John in theprison,
Mark 15:6
Now it was the custom at the festival to release aprisoner whom the people requested.
Mark 15:7
A man called Barabbas was in prison with the insurrectionists who had committed murder in the uprising.
Luke 3:20
Herod added this to them all: He locked John up inprison.
Luke 4:18
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,
Luke 12:58
As you are going with your adversary to the magistrate, try hard to be reconciled on the way, or your adversary may drag you off to the judge, and the judge turn you over to the officer, and the officer throw you intoprison.
Luke 21:12
“But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. They will hand you over to synagogues and put you in prison, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name.
Luke 21:24
They will fall by the sword and will be taken asprisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
Luke 22:33
But he replied, “Lord, I am ready to go with you toprison and to death.”
Luke 23:19
(Barabbas had been thrown into prison for an insurrection in the city, and for murder.)
Luke 23:25
He released the man who had been thrown into prisonfor insurrection and murder, the one they asked for, and surrendered Jesus to their will.
Perhaps you need to read this story:

Luke 16:19-31 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:19) ¶ There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: (16:20) And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, (16:21) And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. (16:22) And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; (16:23) And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. (16:24) And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. (16:25) But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. (16:26) And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that [would come] from thence. (16:27) Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: (16:28) For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. (16:29) Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. (16:30) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. (16:31) And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' body is about his Spiritual body, not physical body.
Are you talking about 1st Corinthians 15:44, or do you mean "spiritual body" in some other way?

My understanding is that our Lord died a natural body and that He wasn't a spiritual body until He rose from the dead.

And spiritual body doesn't mean immaterial since He was still flesh and bones. Luke 24:39

God's Truth

Perhaps you need to read this story:

Luke 16:19-31 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:19) ¶ There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: (16:20) And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, (16:21) And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. (16:22) And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; (16:23) And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. (16:24) And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. (16:25) But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. (16:26) And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that [would come] from thence. (16:27) Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: (16:28) For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. (16:29) Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. (16:30) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. (16:31) And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

I read that scripture, and I understand.

Jesus is hope for everyone, even after they have died and went to prison/Hell/Hades.

The time to dread and rejoice, is the time Jesus comes back, for that is the time Jesus stops interceding. Jesus stops interceding when he comes again.

The story about Lazarus is about a warning, about the ultimate warning for now, and when, and in the very end.

One might have to stay in prison until Jesus comes again. But that does not mean when Jesus comes again they will not be saved.

However, let us be saved now.

Right Divider

Body part
I read that scripture, and I understand.

Jesus is hope for everyone, even after they have died and went to prison/Hell/Hades.

The time to dread and rejoice, is the time Jesus comes back, for that is the time Jesus stops interceding. Jesus stops interceding when he comes again.

The story about Lazarus is about a warning, about the ultimate warning for now, and when, and in the very end.

One might have to stay in prison until Jesus comes again. But that does not mean when Jesus comes again they will not be saved.

However, let us be saved now.
Where in that parable to you read that the rich man gets a second chance?

God's Truth

Where in that parable to you read that the rich man gets a second chance?

Jesus preached the gospel to them, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit (1 Peter 4:5-6).

Those in prison/Hell can still have the chance t live according to God.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 5:5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord