Gentiles Included

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God's plan for Israel and the Gentiles.

Acts 13:46-48 NASB - 46 Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly and said, "It was necessary that the word of God be spoken to you first; since you repudiate it and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles. 47 "For so the Lord has commanded us,' I HAVE PLACED YOU AS A LIGHT FOR THE GENTILES, THAT YOU MAY BRING SALVATION TO THE END OF THE EARTH.'" 48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

Romans 15:8-12 NASB - 8 For I say that Christ has become a servant to the circumcision on behalf of the truth of God to confirm the promises given to the fathers, 9 and for the Gentiles to glorify God for His mercy; as it is written, "THEREFORE I WILL GIVE PRAISE TO YOU AMONG THE GENTILES, AND I WILL SING TO YOUR NAME." 10 Again he says, "REJOICE, O GENTILES, WITH HIS PEOPLE." 11 And again, "PRAISE THE LORD ALL YOU GENTILES, AND LET ALL THE PEOPLES PRAISE HIM." 12 Again Isaiah says, "THERE SHALL COME THE ROOT OF JESSE, AND HE WHO ARISES TO RULE OVER THE GENTILES, IN HIM SHALL THE GENTILES HOPE."

So, who are the people of God? Israel. But now the peoples spoken of here would include Gentiles. So there are believers who are of Israel and believers who are not of Israel.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God's plan for Israel and the Gentiles.

Acts 13:46-48 NASB - 46 Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly and said, "It was necessary that the word of God be spoken to you first; since you repudiate it and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles. 47 "For so the Lord has commanded us,' I HAVE PLACED YOU AS A LIGHT FOR THE GENTILES, THAT YOU MAY BRING SALVATION TO THE END OF THE EARTH.'" 48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

Why do you think this was upsetting? I say because of Genesis 12 and gentiles are going to come to God without first blessing Israel.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Just what I said. Have you read the Bible?
I have read the Bible. I read what you said, but I don't understand what you mean.

I think you are saying you have a reason for not blessing Israel, or that your obedience to and faith in the God of Israel has nothing to do with if you bless Israel.