Mods, why was The Barbarian banned?

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Okay, it is bad form to be bugging the staff about infractions. I place people back in the penalty box if they pester me about it after they come off a ban.

Knight created this board and it is his playground to govern at his discretion. It is also a Christian board. Comments disparaging the Bible, and Christians can get you in trouble

Knight judged right that this comment was disruptive and didn't add anything to the discussion. This is heckling rather than participating. If you want to heckle Creationists, go someplace else.

I don't want to heckle. I just want fair treatment for everyone. Stripe is very disruptive. I think a ban for him would be merited in a fair forum if Barbarian is also banned.

If it's not supposed to be fair, then that needs to be said very openly and clearly.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Comments disparaging...Christians can get you in trouble

Knight judged right that this comment was disruptive and didn't add anything to the discussion. This is heckling rather than participating.

I bold what I feel is the relevent part for anyone who may be reading (these comments and this post, of course, are not directed at Sherman). The key word is "can." Heckling, unnecessary disruptions and disparaging Christians can get you in trouble. They are against the rules.

This is, however, a far right wing "Christian" board, in which the main administrator and his chronies believe in outlandish, obscure "protestant (if you even want to call it that)" doctrines.

The moderation reflects their bias. If someone heckles The Barbarian, me, or any other Catholic, that's fine, even though we profess faith in Jesus.

If someone heckles Stipe, that's not acceptable. He's a Christian with a capital C. He's part of the in-crowd.

Ultimately, there's nothing that can be done about this. You have to accept it and work around it. It's not going to change.

And ultimately, you should express your disapproval, not by complaining to the mods (it won't change anything), but with your wallets.

And part of complaining with your wallets means saying: "I don't know what's going on in the woodshed...and I don't care."

Quetzal

I don't want to heckle. I just want fair treatment for everyone. Stripe is very disruptive. I think a ban for him would be merited in a fair forum if Barbarian is also banned.

If it's not supposed to be fair, then that needs to be said very openly and clearly.
Stripe has gone so far as to try to edit members posts by misrepresenting them in quotes to make them look bad. If you want fair, I suppose this is the wrong place. I do believe that infractions for being disruptive and disrespectful to members needs to apply to all members.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Stripe has gone so far as to try to edit members posts by misrepresenting them in quotes to make them look bad. If you want fair, I suppose this is the wrong place. I do believe that being disruptive and disrespectful to members needs to apply to all members.

I have had my posts edited by Stripe on numerous occasions. I've never reported him for it, but now that I see he reports people for nothing, I'll make sure to report him next time he changed my quote, and I'll expect nothing less than swift and proper action from the mods

Quetzal

I have had my posts edited by Stripe on numerous occasions. Now that I see he reports people for nothing, I'll make sure to report him next time he changed my quote, and I'll expect nothing less than swift and proper action from the mods
Won't happen. For some reason he is protected (no idea why since he genuinely offers nothing of substance).

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I have had my posts edited by Stripe on numerous occasions. I've never reported him for it, but now that I see he reports people for nothing, I'll make sure to report him next time he changed my quote, and I'll expect nothing less than swift and proper action from the mods

Please don't hold your breath. I want you to live.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because Stripe was being so non-disruptive.

The problem you have is that my posts are on target. You can read through that thread and see how exactly evolutionists do anything to avoid a rational discussion. Their sole aim is to protect their religion.

They will constantly deride a man's beliefs as if that were a rational contribution toward resolving a disagreement.

They gang up, mock and use every form of logical fallacy in their desperation to avoid analysis of what they believe.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The problem you have is that my posts are on target. You can read through that thread and see how exactly evolutionists do anything to avoid a rational discussion. Their sole aim is to protect their religion.

They will constantly deride a man's beliefs as if that were a rational contribution toward resolving a disagreement.

They gang up, mock and use every form of logical fallacy in their desperation to avoid analysis of what they believe.

You've just described yourself.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You've just described yourself.
Nope. I define clearly who I am and what I believe and allow the evidence to test the veracity of those things. Evolutionists have a sole commitment to denying anything that might be seen as a challenge to their precious religion. Hence you will see me make a fairly simple and utterly uncontroversial claim that the idea of inheritance from Sumerian to Hebrew is the wrong way around, but the evolutionists will fight tooth and nail to deny it, using every tactic in the book.

Quetzal

Enough of this nonsense! Behave child:mmph:
Granted, this is not the best way to go about this, but I am glad this discussion is happening. There are toxic members that are protected while other members are banned and shunned for less. It needs to be discussed.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
When scum starts growing on places like your patio

PUB0005979_352092.jpg

you have to use a power washer to wash it away.

You know that it's a temporary cleanse, as it will return, but it sure makes the patio look and smell nice when it's gone.

:rotfl::crackup::BRAVO::darwinsm::jolly::bow: :rotfl: ..............................:carryon:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granted, this is not the best way to go about this, but I am glad this discussion is happening. There are toxic members that are protected while other members are banned and shunned for less. It needs to be discussed.

Who are the "toxic members"? You need to name names. :up:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You didnt read what you agreed to when you signed up did you - here is what it says:

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of TheologyOnline will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of TheologyOnline, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of TheologyOnline reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

By agreeing to our terms you grant TheologyOnline and it's owners the right publish and or re-publish any content that you post on these community forums.

All members of this community participate at the pleasure of the TheologyOnline staff and your participation can be terminated for any reason at any time.

You do not have the right to NOT be offended on these forums. We have a diverse group of members and we do not control the things they post (within reason) including things that might offend you.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

And you insist on giving them money. Maybe that needs to be discussed. :rolleyes:

But hey, I have an idea. Why don't we stop with the insults and the various posts that add nothing to the conversation on both sides?

You feel that Stipe doesn't add anything by insulting people? I feel the same way about Granite. And frankly, The Barbarian wasn't adding anything to the conversation by insulting Stipe, was he? That shed absolutely no new light or "unique perspective" on the issue at hand.

Stipe started it, you say? Well, did the Barbarian continue it?

If so, then there's no room for complaint.

Enough with the insults. Let's focus on the issues. The user in question can't do that? Then frankly, I have no use for that user, at least, as an interlocutor.

We are all adults. Act like it.

Quetzal

Who are the "toxic members"? You need to name names. :up:
I am not going to sit here and oust individual people for past posts. I am simply in favor of a more level playing field in regards to disruptive posts moving forward.