If you are not persecuted for being a Christian, you are not a Christian

republicanchick

So many people c all themselves Christian

yet so few people really are

They are "Christian" until some difficulty comes along...

"Oh, my boss doesn't like Christian, so i have to go along with all the worldly, fornication-accepting-and-promoting talk at the water cooler..."

etc...

+++

Interplanner

Some of them could save their jobs if they read their company policies closely... there are policies out there about joking about sexual things, and there are some that are about religious intimidation that can be used in reverse. But sometimes there is no recourse, and unfortunately a job is at stake. Another reason to save wisely against an evil day.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

So many people c all themselves Christian

yet so few people really are

They are "Christian" until some difficulty comes along...

"Oh, my boss doesn't like Christian, so i have to go along with all the worldly, fornication-accepting-and-promoting talk at the water cooler..."

etc...

+++

I thought you were a Catholic?

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Well, I guess this means that there are no Christians in America !LOL ! In America , Christians have most of the power, money and influence . The make up the overwhelming majority of the senate and House of representatives , state governors and local politicians .
Poor "persecuted " Christians in America ! Cry me a river !
Now, I have no problem with rich and influential people being Christians per se , but it's Christians , by no means all Christians, who are the persecutors in America . They're the ones who are trying to deny rights to gay people . They're the ones who call for "sodomy " to be re-criminalized while screaming about wanting "Liberty " and wanting "limited government " and smaller government .
Vicious anti-gay bigots like Tony Perkins, Peter La Barbera, Matt Barber, Peter Sprigg , Linda Harvey, Bryan Fischer , and others , are all prominent Christian leaders , and there are many,many more Christians like this .
Don't get me wrong ; I'm not saying that all or even most Christians are such vicious, hate and fear mongering bigots .
Most Christians in America are not bigoted, hateful and malicious like these awful people . I have many Christian friends who are the nicest people .
But these bigots are constantly screaming about being "persecuted " by gay people, atheists and liberals in general while being determined to persecute gay people . And anyone who is different from them .

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I bought a new top yesterday. It s red and stripey.

I feel hesitant sometimes about persecution for saying my beliefs when I am in a unfamiliar location or situation. Though in America here I feel pretty safe bodily when it comes to expressing my faith.

why did you tell us about the top ?

but yes, in unfamiliar areas it can be best sometimes to reserve certain thoughts and beliefs. any faith is safe in america -

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Bradley D , what "prevalent secularism "? There's no such thing .
The majority of people in America are not atheists and agnostics, and no one in America is stopping you or anyone else from being a Christian and attending church .
Secular people are the MINORITY in America , and there is a great deal of hostility to them here . But these people aren't trying to "persecute " Christians . It's just the opposite .
We aren't a communist country where Christians and followers of other religions are persecuted by an officially atheist government . Nor is there even the slightest chance of this happening in the near future or later .
Ironically , the former Soviet Union , where Christians , Jews and Muslims where terribly persecuted until the fall of the communist regime, is heading toward the OPPOSITE direction . The Russian orthodox church is getting more and more power and Vladimir Putin supports it enthusiastically . The bigwigs of the orthodox church are trying to do more and more to allow the persecution of gay people there after a brief period of relative freedom .
The Soviet government also persecuted gay people terribly .
Tyranny is an awful thing whether it's left-wing communist tyranny or right-wing fascist theocratic tyranny .

Bradley D

Bradley D , what "prevalent secularism "? There's no such thing .
The majority of people in America are not atheists and agnostics, and no one in America is stopping you or anyone else from being a Christian and attending church .
Secular people are the MINORITY in America , and there is a great deal of hostility to them here . But these people aren't trying to "persecute " Christians . It's just the opposite .
We aren't a communist country where Christians and followers of other religions are persecuted by an officially atheist government . Nor is there even the slightest chance of this happening in the near future or later .
Ironically , the former Soviet Union , where Christians , Jews and Muslims where terribly persecuted until the fall of the communist regime, is heading toward the OPPOSITE direction . The Russian orthodox church is getting more and more power and Vladimir Putin supports it enthusiastically . The bigwigs of the orthodox church are trying to do more and more to allow the persecution of gay people there after a brief period of relative freedom .
The Soviet government also persecuted gay people terribly .
Tyranny is an awful thing whether it's left-wing communist tyranny or right-wing fascist theocratic tyranny .

I disagree. Secularism has been coming into American homes for decades. At first through television screens and now through computer screens. You are surrounded by it at malls and in the movie theaters. There are religious denominations that sanctions same sex marriage such as the Conservative Jewish Movement, Episcopal Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Presbyterian Church USA, Reform Jewish Movement, Society of Friends (Quakers), Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ.

I believe those that cannot see this have had their minds clouded by and are a part of the secularism about them.