Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitler could have had eternal life

So say's Heir:
    "As one who has trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation, I could murder 6,000,000 Jews and it would not change the fact that I am a saved and sealed member of the Body of Christ!"
    I agree. If Adolf Hitler could say the same thing here that Heir has said, honestly, then he too could have eternal life.

Daniel

The failure of this as theological speculation is that I doubt if GOD would ever let one of HIS sinful elect become so deceived and given over to sin as this.

Satan is restrained by GOD, Pharaoh was restrained by GOD and so indeed all of the people of the kingdom here on earth are also restrained by GOD.

Pharaoh and Satan were both freed from restraint (called the hardening of Pharaoh's heart) to prove to the world but especially the good seed the true eternal nature of their evil, necessitating the judgment. Why would HE remove the restrainer from HIS own elect unless they were so stubborn that only by committing the worst atrocity in history would their eyes be opened to their sin and need for repentance and redemption by the blood?

So theoretically it might be possible but practically there would not seem to be a need for it...allowing ordinary sins is the usual method GOD uses to open our eyes to our sinfulness, giving us the knowledge of OUR good an evil - the knowledge that our good misses the mark and our evil is real and makes us guilty before HIM.

Peace, Ted
    I Champion GOD’s holiness:
    - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
    - All evil is creature-created.

I Champion Our Free will:
    - All spirits created in HIS image had an equal ability and opportunity to choose either heaven or hell by their free will.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Emanuel View Post
      So say's Heir:
      "As one who has trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation, I could murder 6,000,000 Jews and it would not change the fact that I am a saved and sealed member of the Body of Christ!"
      I agree.
      I unconditionally agree.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by ttruscott View Post
        The failure of this as theological speculation is that I doubt if GOD would ever let one of HIS sinful elect become so deceived and given over to sin as this.
        Thats a different topic though, right?
        Satan is restrained by GOD, Pharaoh was restrained by GOD and so indeed all of the people of the kingdom here on earth are also restrained by GOD.

Pharaoh and Satan were both freed from restraint (called the hardening of Pharaoh's heart) to prove to the world but especially the good seed the true eternal nature of their evil, necessitating the judgment. Why would HE remove the restrainer from HIS own elect unless they were so stubborn that only by committing the worst atrocity in history would their eyes be opened to their sin and need for repentance and redemption by the blood?

So theoretically it might be possible but practically there would not seem to be a need for it...allowing ordinary sins is the usual method GOD uses to open our eyes to our sinfulness, giving us the knowledge of OUR good an evil - the knowledge that our good misses the mark and our evil is real and makes us guilty before HIM.

Peace, Ted
        Apart from you're Calvinism...I think we agree.

Daniel

Comment

Fortunately, the church does not have to put up with this nonsense. Anybody who watches as a man commits murder, or associates with someone who says something akin to OP, is not showing proper judgement.
          Where is the evidence for a global flood?
          E≈mc2
          "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
          -Bob B.

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
            Fortunately, the church does not have to put up with this nonsense. Anybody who watches as a man commits murder, or associates with someone who says something akin to OP, is not showing proper judgement.
            Associate's with Heir?

Daniel

Comment

Associate's with Heir?
              Associates with a murderer or someone who says murder is excusable.
              E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

I believe that by giving man free will, God allows all, even His elect, to commit all sorts of evil if they so desire

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                  Associates with a murderer or someone who says murder is excusable.
                  Fortunately then, the OP is neither advocating murder, nor excusing murder. It is revealing the power of Jesus Christ over sin, and Heirs courage.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Kdall View Post
                    I believe that by giving man free will, God allows all, even His elect, to commit all sorts of evil if they so desire
                    This is not a thread about theodicy, but if you in any way are condemning God for any of the sin's that we commit, I have to disagree. But if your not, then you're post is fine.

Daniel

Comment

This is not a thread about theodicy, but if you in any way are condemning God for any of the sin's that we commit, I have to disagree. But if your not, then you're post is fine.

Daniel
                      I'm not. He gives each man the ability to make his own choices out of love. Nobody wants to be a robot. Inevitably, some people will make bad decisions with their free will

Comment

Originally posted by Kdall View Post
                        I'm not. He gives each man the ability to make his own choices out of love. Nobody wants to be a robot. Inevitably, some people will make bad decisions with their free will
                        I agree, and so does Nick M. (See my "Slogan/motto:")

Daniel

Comment

So say's Heir:
                          I agree. If Adolf Hitler could say the same thing here that Heir has said, honestly, then he too could have eternal life.

Daniel
                          you're a joke - the reality is, a saved and sealed member of the BOC will never do that - find a new purpose in life -

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                            you're a joke
                            Thats OK.
                            the reality is, a saved and sealed member of the BOC will never do that
                            Really? Scripture?
                            find a new purpose in life
                            I like this 1.

Daniel

Comment

Fortunately then, the OP is neither advocating murder, nor excusing murder. It is revealing the power of Jesus Christ over sin, and Heirs courage.Daniel
                              Quote in OP might be courageous, but it is foolhardy first.
                              E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

Working...
                              X