Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomRose

This is a follow-up to the thread, "The historical false teaching about the sins of a believer"

I find it interesting that the NT focuses much more on warning believers about the eternal
consequences of sinning … than it does about the eternal consequences of not repenting!
To repent means to be truly sorry for having committed sins
… and to be really serious about not doing them in the future!

It all starts here: “John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, and saying,
Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand! … Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance,
… every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire (see John 15).
... He (Jesus) will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn;
but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.” (Matthew 3:1-12)

Jesus warned: “… unless you repent you will all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:3 and 13:5)
“For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” (Matthew 9:13)
Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 4:17)

People will have to repent to get into the kingdom of God/heaven and heaven(*).

But, this is NOT a one-time repentance! … What’s the point of repenting once,
and then going back to commit more sins? … That is totally ridiculous!

Paul was always warning believers in the churches that …
Habitual unrepentant sinners could not inherit/enter the kingdom of God …
1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:3-6, Colossians 3:5-6, Revelation 21:7-8.
And he kept warning believers what they already knew: sin results in eternal death!

Warnings to believers in the churches: Repentance is necessary for salvation!

"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness,
but is longsuffering toward US, not willing that any (of US) should perish
but that all (of US) should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)

Is that little word “us” a misprint? … Is Peter really writing to believers?
Yes, he is … believers need to be confessing/repenting of their sins.

“For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it.
For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while.
… not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance.
For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing.
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted;
but the sorrow of the world produces death.” (2 Corinthians 7:8-10)

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift,
and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and
the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance,
since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for
those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; but if it bears thorns and briers,
it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned. (Hebrews 6:4-8)

“Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:
looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing
up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; lest there be any fornicator or profane
person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. For you know that afterward,
when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance,
though he sought it diligently with tears.” (Hebrews 12:14-17)

“I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.
Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die,
for I have not found your works perfect before God. Remember therefore how
you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch,
I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.
You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments;
and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.” (Revelation 3:1-4)

There were some worthy ones who had perfect works, and who didn’t sin (defile their garments).

“So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out
of My mouth … do you not know that you are (spiritually) wretched, miserable,
poor, blind, and naked ... As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.
Therefore be zealous and repent.” (Revelation 3:16-19)

The solution for believers …
“If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness (sins), we lie and do
not practice the truth. But IF we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship
with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
IF we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us
from all unrighteousness
. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar,
and His word is not in us. My little children, these things I write to you, so that
you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father,
Jesus Christ the righteous.” (1 John 1:6--2:1)

(*) “many will … sit down with Abraham-Isaac-Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matt 8:11)
Both wheat and tares are in the kingdom of God, but only the wheat gets to go to heaven.

Please bear with me, I'm just getting used to this forum. I want to say that it is reasonable to take Jesus literally at what he said---praying DAILY that our heavenly Father "forgive us our trespasses." (Matt.6:9,10) We sin every day, and we ask God to forgive us. That is basically the same as "repenting" of whatever sin we committed.

KingdomRose

More cut and paste scripture from someone who hasn't got a clue as to what the term repentance actually means.

Interesting, Truster. You said that if the world loves it and celebrates it, maybe we should check and see where we stand with it, right? So you don't celebrate holidays or birthdays?

KingdomRose

Colossians 2:10-13 KJV

It would be nice if you gave some comment about the scripture you cite, heir.

Believers are told there that God has forgiven them of their trespasses. UP TO THAT POINT. In verse 6 believers are admonished to "go on walking in union with Christ Jesus." Why would Paul urge them to "go on" if there wasn't the chance that they might STOP?

Indeed, in verse 8 Paul speaks of the possibility of believers being carried off as prey through the philosophy and empty deception of men. Believers must always be alert to the snares of the Devil and take their stand against him.

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." (Ephesians 6:10,11, KJV)

Then he explains what the "armour" is and how it will protect us. Why would we need protection if our salvation was a done deal? Why would we need to even think about the wiles of the devil if we were all set?

KingdomRose

Hi and just where is yjis verse where the WHEAT get to go to heaven found ??

dan p

My King James Bible says (Matthew 13:38-43) that the "tares" will get burned up (symbolic for totally destroyed). They are the "children of the wicked one," so they have no place in God's Kingdom arrangement. The "wheat," or, "the children of the Kingdom," will be the ones to go to heaven to rule with Christ. It says, "then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father."

Where does someone get the idea that the "tares" will be part of the kingdom? That is not what Scripture says.

KingdomRose

Hi to all and since I was a teenager , I have been told that the Great Commission is for all believers .

In Matt 28:19 we are to go and TEACH all Nations !!

When have you seen any JEWS preaching to GENTILES / ETHNOS ?

This command was given to the 12 disciples in verse 16 for that is the CONTEXT !!

We see that NATION / ETHNOS is a transliteration and ETHNOS can be translated by , Jewish Nation in John 11:L48 , 50 , and 52 for the Disciples are to gather Israel back to God !!

One poster has 1 Cor 1:17 all wrong , For Christ did not send me to BAPTIZE / BAPTIZO BUT to PREACH the Gospel , not with wisdom of word in EMPTYorder that the CROSS of Christ should not be made EMPTY !!

The verb " sent " is in the Aorist tense as to when Paul was sent , or in other words 2000 years ago , so Paul can never do that commend ever again !

The verb to BAPTIZO is in the Present tense of that time as was to preach the Gospel which means , just Good News !!

The verb " should be made EMPTY /KENNO is in the Aorist Tense of completed action 2000 years ago !!

What does this mean ?

Paul was saved by Grace , Gal 1:15 to PREACH Grace and to make all see what is the Dispensation of the MYSTERY , Rom 16:25 and 26 and has given to all believers the Ministry of Reconciliation in 2 Cor 5:18-20 !!

dan p
Well, you're missing a whole lot....that might be the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Just who is the Great Commission given to, if not for every Christian? Doesn't Jesus want everyone on Earth to hear the Good News so that they all can respond to it and be reconciled with God? Isn't that what the Great Commission is about? And that involves being baptized. I don't understand how you can separate the GC and baptizing people.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
These last five posts were moved because these did not belong in the ECT. The ECT is for Christians and those making honest inquiry. I don't see that in these posts.

PureX

… Until gays are back in the news. Or abortion. Or anyone having sex without their permission. Or anyone trying to assert their rights as individuals.

There's always a good reason to hope for armageddon when you think you're the one who will get to watch everyone else suffer.

Ben Masada

… Until gays are back in the news. Or abortion. Or anyone having sex without their permission. Or anyone trying to assert their rights as individuals.

There's always a good reason to hope for Armageddon when you think you're the one who will get to watch everyone else suffer.

I thought the Armageddon would be a regular war of the nations of the North aka Gog & Magog attacking Israel except for the end results that would be victorious for Israel. And the Israelis will rather be burring the dead than watching people suffering.

Ben Masada

MOSES SAW THE LORD GOD - JESUS

That is what it says.

Okay, so why don't you quote where it says so? If you are thinking about the transfiguration on Mount Tabor, that was a vision/dream by the three disciples of Jesus: Peter James and John. In reality, there was no such a thing. Dead once dead will no longer rise. (II Sam. 12:23; 14:14; Isaiah 26:14; and Job 7:9; 10:21)

Ben Masada

Zachary thinks that there are three different gods.

There is no such thing.

Zachary, do you have the Holy Spirit living inside you?

Please answer yes or no.

NO, and that's reason why not:

The Absolute Oneness of God

Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

Ben Masada

1 - Rome was not the cause of the people's suffering.

2 - Get real.

3 - You trust that God is, but where is the consideration and fear.

4 - Few things are "eternal". That was a lame statement.

1 - That's paradoxical. The Romans arrived in Israel, took over the country by storm and started to slave the People and you say that they did not cause the People to suffer. Are you kidding or implying that the Jewish People had no emotions?

2 - You are the one who need to get real and wake up to the sense of reality.

3 - Knowledge neutralizes fear. I know the Lord through Logic and Physics.

4 - And of course, you want me to take your word for it! Can't you show me at least one quote about an eternal living thing besides the Lard? Please, do that and I will use Logic to prove you wrong.

Charity

The roman Empier was the governing force taking advantage of the historical conflict between the house of David an the House of Mose's
DAVIDS HOUSE SUFFERED attack after attack , an Moses house an statues were a profitable tool for the roman empire to tax every last coin out of Jeruslem, and transpose the wealth to rome.

Mat 2:16

Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.

observe the the author an his position. Davids seed had been thrown out of Jerusalem 500 years before by the govener n Nehimiah, THE CUP BEARER FOR THE KING OF BABYLON. Moses Laws an seed were given authority. taxing sacrifice an offering in the temples was profitable to the roman empire..

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not all Calvinists are guilty of contesting the validity of Paul though. Many of them behave themselves fine in the ECT. I think Truster is something else.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not all Calvinists are guilty of contesting the validity of Paul though. Many of them behave themselves fine in the ECT. I think Truster is something else.

I think Truster was only pointing out---

Act 9:27 But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles. And he declared to them how he had seen the Lord on the road, and that He had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.
Act 9:28 So he was with them at Jerusalem, coming in and going out.
Act 9:29 And he spoke boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus and disputed against the Hellenists, but they attempted to kill him.
Act 9:30 When the brethren found out, they brought him down to Caesarea and sent him out to Tarsus.
Act 9:31 Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied.

LA

Ben Masada

Paul began to preach, but ended up a basket case. He then went down to Arabia.

Yes, Paul then went down to Arabia preaching his gospel in the synagogues of the Jews and saying that he had been assigned as an apostle of the Gentiles. Now, go believe him and you will be more confused that he was. (Rom. 7:6-25)

Status
Not open for further replies.