Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GENTILES NOT IN THE BODY OF CHRIST

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GENTILES NOT IN THE BODY OF CHRIST

    Acts 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

    As can be seen in Acts 2:10 there were proselytes, strangers to Israel, Gentiles, who trusted in God and followed the law. Some of the Gentiles may have been proselytes that believed the gospel preached by Peter and the disciples. They were not in the body of Christ since at this time Paul was not saved and given revelation; the body of Christ was not being formed at this time, the believers were in Christ and the Church of God.
    Last edited by DougE; June 1st, 2020, 01:32 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by DougE View Post
    Acts 6:1 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.

    Acts 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

    In Acts 6 the Grecians are believers in Christ by hearing and believing the Gospel of the Circumcision. They believed Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God and were looking for the coming Kingdom on earth that was prophesied and confirmed by Jesus's resurrection. As can be seen in Acts 2:10 there were proselytes, strangers to Israel, Gentiles, who trusted in God and followed the law. Some of the Grecians may have been proselytes that believed the gospel preached by Peter and the disciples. They were not in the body of Christ since at this time Paul was not saved and given revelation; the body of Christ was not being formed at this time, the believers were in Christ and the Church of God.
    The Grecians were not gentiles. They were Greek speaking Jews. That is why Act 6:1 distinguishes them from "the Hebrews" and not "the Jews".
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Originally posted by Squeaky
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Originally posted by God's Truth
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sorry for asking this.
      Could an independent disciple of Jesus, be, in your opinion, in the body of Jesus Christ?

      In my knowledge, Jesus addressed his two greatest commandments to humans as individuals, not groups.
      After all, 'independent' persons only (not belonging to any well-organized system) can live the uncondional love towards all others, including their enemies (as revealed clearly by Jesus).

      On the other hand, you know better than I that Jesus says: "I am not of this world".
      So I wonder how Jesus Church could be... of this world.

      I guess this is the first time you hear what I said. So please forgive me if it hurts, in one way or another.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DougE View Post
        GENTILES NOT IN THE BODY OF CHRIST

        .

        Romans 12:5 1 Corinthians 12:12
        My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
        Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
        Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
        Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
        No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
        Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

        ? Yep

        Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

        ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

        Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KerimF View Post
          Sorry for asking this.
          Could an independent disciple of Jesus, be, in your opinion, in the body of Jesus Christ?

          In my knowledge, Jesus addressed his two greatest commandments to humans as individuals, not groups.
          After all, 'independent' persons only (not belonging to any well-organized system) can live the uncondional love towards all others, including their enemies (as revealed clearly by Jesus).
          That's a strange thing to say. Of course individuals are individuals and groups are made up of individuals.

          Originally posted by KerimF View Post
          On the other hand, you know better than I that Jesus says: "I am not of this world".
          So I wonder how Jesus Church could be... of this world.

          I guess this is the first time you hear what I said. So please forgive me if it hurts, in one way or another.
          In the same verse where Jesus said "I am not of this world", He also said several other things. To ignore those and only focus that that part of the verse is to miss the meaning of the entire verse. Jesus said "I am from above". This speaks of His deity which is a contrast to "this world".

          The Lord chose a group (Israel) to be His people on the earth.
          Today, Israel is temporarily set side and God is building His body.
          When this comes to an end, He will resume with His plans for the earth.

          All of my ancestors are human.
          Originally posted by Squeaky
          That explains why your an idiot.
          Originally posted by God's Truth
          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

          1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

          Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lon View Post

            Romans 12:5 1 Corinthians 12:12
            He was not says that there are no gentiles in the body of Christ.
            He was saying that some gentiles already belonged with Israel in the God's previously revealed plans.
            All of my ancestors are human.
            Originally posted by Squeaky
            That explains why your an idiot.
            Originally posted by God's Truth
            Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
            Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
            (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

            1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
            (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

            Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

            Comment

            Working...
            X