Who is he that overcomes the world?

oatmeal

Who does scripture say that overcomes the world?

a. those that believe that Jesus is "God the Son"

b. those that believe that Jesus is "the Son of God"?

I John 5:5 makes that very clear!

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

From scripture we can read directly that "b" is the correct answer, that "b" not "a" is the truth.

In fact it is the world that wants Christians to degrade the clear message of scripture, namely that Jesus is the son of God into the false doctrine that Jesus is "God the Son" so that the world can continue to dominate over Christianity

So who is it that overcomes the world?

Bradley D

"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations" (Rev. 2:26).

God's Truth

Who does scripture say that overcomes the world?

a. those that believe that Jesus is "God the Son"

b. those that believe that Jesus is "the Son of God"?

I John 5:5 makes that very clear!

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

From scripture we can read directly that "b" is the correct answer, that "b" not "a" is the truth.

In fact it is the world that wants Christians to degrade the clear message of scripture, namely that Jesus is the son of God into the false doctrine that Jesus is "God the Son" so that the world can continue to dominate over Christianity

So who is it that overcomes the world?

Jesus gives revelations to those he chooses to give it.

When one receives Jesus to live in their heart, one might understand that Jesus is the same one and only God the Father and the Holy Spirit.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

oatmeal

Jesus gives revelations to those he chooses to give it.

When one receives Jesus to live in their heart, one might understand that Jesus is the same one and only God the Father and the Holy Spirit.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Not willing to answer the question?

oatmeal

The scriptures say we have to believe that Jesus is the son of God

We are not to believe he was just a man.

Why is that troublesome for you?

When did being the son of God imply that Jesus is "just a man"?

Where do you come up with junk like that?

Wait, I know, you get that from the enemies of God and His son

God's Truth

When did being the son of God imply that Jesus is "just a man"?

Where do you come up with junk like that?

Wait, I know, you get that from the enemies of God and His son

You speak evil.

You don't know that in the Bible some people thought he was lying about being the son of God?

Bradley D

You speak evil.

You don't know that in the Bible some people thought he was lying about being the son of God?

Either that or they did not want to believe. Jesus' view of the kingdom and theirs was quite different. Even the disciples were confused till the resurrection and seeing Christ.