Who is Christ praying for ?

beloved57

Lk 23:34

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Was this a prayer for all mankind without exception ? No it wasnt. Was it a prayer for some present the day of His dying on the tree ?No doubt about it, yes, however its not limited to them. No it applies to not to all, but to all the Father had given Him. Jn 17:9-10

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

These would be the Elect of God, Chosen in Christ before the foundation, to them its written Eph 1:4-7

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Nanja

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Was this a prayer for all mankind without exception ? No it wasnt. Was it a prayer for some present the day of His dying on the tree ?No doubt about it, yes, however its not limited to them. No it applies to not to all, but to all the Father had given Him. Jn 17:9-10

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

These would be the Elect of God, Chosen in Christ before the foundation, to them its written Eph 1:4-7

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Amen Brother ! In Luke 23:34, Christ as Advocate for those Particular Unbelievers that were Given Him of the Father before the foundation, to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7, is making Intercession for these Elect Transgressors to the Father, that were already given forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His Grace even while being in an unconverted state; as was Saul for instance.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Amen Brother ! In Luke 23:34, Christ as Advocate for those Particular Unbelievers that were Given Him of the Father before the foundation, to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7, is making Intercession for these Elect Transgressors to the Father, that were already given forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His Grace even while being in an unconverted state; as was Saul for instance.

Wow! You are dumber than he is! What you are saying is what Jesus' death had no meaning because all those who would be saved were already chosen and saved by a decree.:hammer:

beloved57

Amen Sister!

beloved57

He's praying for the elect of God Col 3:12-13

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

oatmeal

The soldiers.

Luke 23:47,48
"Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man…"

That is a very good point!

The Roman soldiers were simply doing their job, it is the religious elite that plotted and instigated the arrest, torture and the murderous execution proceedings

God's Truth

That is a very good point!

The Roman soldiers were simply doing their job, it is the religious elite that plotted and instigated the arrest, torture and the murderous execution proceedings

It wasn't just the religious elite, it was people of Israel.

Acts 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross.

Acts 3: 12 When Peter saw this, he said to them:"Men of Israel, why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk?

God's Truth

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

So you are saying THE ELECT OF GOD, the SAVED, THE ELECT OF GOD AND THE SAVED ACCORDING TO YOUR FALSE TEACHINGS HAD JESUS KILLED!

Proof to Calvinists and all that a person has to repent of their sins to be saved, and that ANYONE, EVEN THOSE WHO WANTED JESUS KILLED COUD BE SAVED.

Acts 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross.

That is about the people who were CUT OFF and NOT saved.

Now listen to what they have to do to GET SAVED:

36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”
37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Don't you see? Read these scriptures, it shows us that even those who were for Jesus being killed could be forgiven and saved, IF THEY REPENT OF THEIR SINS.

God's Truth

You are missing some very important truths.

Those who had Jesus killed---all those who were for Jesus being killed---they were the CUT OFF AND HARDENED JEWS who were BOUND OVER TO THE SAME PLACE as the disobedient Gentiles.

You are a mess and would rather have the teachings of Calvin than God's Truth.

oatmeal

It wasn't just the religious elite, it was people of Israel.

Acts 3: 12 When Peter saw this, he said to them:"Men of Israel, why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk?

Peter spoke that to men of Israel, but not all the men of Israel plotted nor agreed with the those who wanted Jesus destroyed.

Did Peter and the ten who did not betray Jesus want to see Jesus murdered?

It is noteworthy to observe that Peter stated the following in Acts 3:17

And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.

Peter did recognize that all of those who initiated and consented to destroying Jesus did it out of ignorance.

However, they should have known, but rejected the son of God as the one God sent.

The Roman soldiers did not have the upbringing and the culture and the access to the law, the prophets and the psalms, that the people of Israel had or at the very least, should have had.

God's Truth

Peter spoke that to men of Israel, but not all the men of Israel plotted nor agreed with the those who wanted Jesus destroyed.

You go against what the scriptures plainly say. Repent.

Stupid, what?
It is noteworthy to observe that Peter stated the following in Acts 3:17

And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.

Peter did recognize that all of those who initiated and consented to destroying Jesus did it out of ignorance.

However, they should have known, but rejected the son of God as the one God sent.

The Roman soldiers did not have the upbringing and the culture and the access to the law, the prophets and the psalms, that the people of Israel had or at the very least, should have had.

You are an enemy of the gospel.

I proved with scripture to beloved57 that Calvinism is false, and I proved it by showing that the CUT OFF AND HARDENED Jews who were for Jesus being crucified---that they too could be saved.

Nanja

Because God's Elect were Loved by God and Chosen from Eternity by His Sovereign Will to obtain Salvation and Eternal Life,
therefore good works are what God has ordained that they should walk in; and especially to Mercy and acts of it.

And being recipients of God's Grace, they are Vessels of Mercy; and God has Loved them and therefore had chosen them in His Son,
and had given His Son to die for them so that He could sanctify them and quicken them from the dead.

So bowels of mercies denotes a sympathetic spirit: Showing these mentioned attributes to all the Brethren in Christ !

oatmeal

You go against what the scriptures plainly say. Repent.

Stupid, what?

You are an enemy of the gospel.

I proved with scripture to beloved57 that Calvinism is false, and I proved it by showing that the CUT OFF AND HARDENED Jews who were for Jesus being crucified---that they too could be saved.

Funny, I referred to Acts 3:17

and then you accuse me of going against what scriptures plainly say?

You should remove your head from that dark, moist, smelly place you have stored it in and get a breath of fresh air and expose yourself to some healthy sunshine!

God's Truth

Funny, I referred to Acts 3:17
I am the one who posted that scripture.

Listen to the idiotic thing you asked me:
How can you ask such a stupid question?

and then you accuse me of going against what scriptures plainly say?

They were the cut off and hardened Jews who did that.

Beloved57 said: "Was this a prayer for all mankind without exception ? No it wasnt. Was it a prayer for some present the day of His dying on the tree ?No doubt about it, yes, however its not limited to them. No it applies to not to all, but to all the Father had given Him. Jn 17:9-10"

I proved with scripture to beloved57 that the men who were for Jesus being crucified were NOT the ones GIVEN to him when he had his earthly ministry!!!

When Jesus had his earthly ministry, THE JEWS WHO WERE THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL are the ones God gave him. THE JEWS WHO DID NOT BELIEVE IN HIM AND WANTED HIM CRUCIFIED---THEY WERE THE CUT OFF AND HARDENED JEWS. They were NOT the lost sheep of Israel. I proved with scripture that beloved57 is wrong, and that his CALVINIST beliefs are are wrong.

Jesus said that when he is crucified, then ALL MEN could come to him to be saved, even the cut off Jews.

It is proof that Calvinism is false, and I explained this to beloved57 a long time ago to prove his Calvinists beliefs are wrong. It is probably why he is bringing it up again because it bothers him because it DOES prove he is in falseness.

You should remove your head from that dark, moist, smelly place you have stored it in and get a breath of fresh air and expose yourself to some healthy sunshine!

That is exactly what YOU should do!

beloved57

Because God's Elect were Loved by God and Chosen from Eternity by His Sovereign Will to obtain Salvation and Eternal Life,
therefore good works are what God has ordained that they should walk in; and especially to Mercy and acts of it.

And being recipients of God's Grace, they are Vessels of Mercy; and God has Loved them and therefore had chosen them in His Son,
and had given His Son to die for them so that He could sanctify them and quicken them from the dead.

So bowels of mercies denotes a sympathetic spirit: Showing these mentioned attributes to all the Brethren in Christ !

Amen Sister !