SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougE

Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Romans 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

It could not be stated enough, that our being justified unto eternal life, is a free gift of God. A free gift can not be taken back. A free gift is not earned. A free gift is given to us by the grace of God. Our righteousness is the imputed righteousness of Christ, bestowed unto us who believe (Romans 4:24).

Right Divider

Body part
Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Romans 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

It could not be stated enough, that our being justified unto eternal life, is a free gift of God. A free gift can not be taken back. A free gift is not earned. A free gift is given to us by the grace of God. Our righteousness is the imputed righteousness of Christ, bestowed unto us who believe (Romans 4:24).

All of those that think that something about their "obedience" or "repentance" or "__fill in the blank__" is part of the equation will complain about this.

Bradley D

Salvation cannot be earned. That is what the Pharisees believed.

The Pharisee and Tax Collector

"And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted" (Luke 18:9-14).

"Salvation belongs to the LORD" (Ps. 3:8)

God's Truth

Salvation cannot be earned. That is what the Pharisees believed.

The Pharisee and Tax Collector

"And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted" (Luke 18:9-14).

"Salvation belongs to the LORD" (Ps. 3:8)

Read what you posted from the Bible. You will see that the one who receives salvation did something, he REPENTED of his sins.

God's Truth

We do NOT enter that Grace, unless we have faith that our sins we REPENT of are washed away.

Jesus gives the free gift to those he chooses to give it; and he says he chooses to give it to those who obey him.

oatmeal

Yes it is.

Bradley D

Read what you posted from the Bible. You will see that the one who receives salvation did something, he REPENTED of his sins.

True repentance is what brings us to Christ. We do not deserve it. It is because of the love of God that our repentance is accepted. Then we are to amend our lives and give ourselves to God. Whatever good we do is expected. But does not give one points in being a part of the new heaven and earth.

God's Truth

True repentance is what brings us to Christ. We do not deserve it. It is because of the love of God that our repentance is accepted. Then we are to amend our lives and give ourselves to God. Whatever good we do is expected. But does not give one points in being a part of the new heaven and earth.

If a person only believes but doesn't repent, then they are not saved.

God's Truth

It was only a matter of time before she polluted this thread with her self-righteous version of "salvation by grace through faith and works".

Polluted this thread, and not spurred discussion?

Polluted this thread by saying what God says?

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach this message: “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”

Matthew 11:21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Matthew 12:41 The people of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented when Jonah preached to them—and now, something greater than Jonah is here!

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

Right Divider

Body part
Polluted this thread, and not spurred discussion?

Polluted this thread by saying what God says?

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach this message: “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”

Matthew 11:21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Matthew 12:41 The people of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented when Jonah preached to them—and now, something greater than Jonah is here!

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.
You're a Bible MASHER/SMASHER...

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are NOT telling us about the gospel of the grace of God. It is preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel.

God's Truth

You're a Bible MASHER/SMASHER...

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are NOT telling us about the gospel of the grace of God. It is preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel.

Jesus was FULL OF GRACE and CAME WITH GRACE and taught grace.

Jesus is the good news.

God didn't hold off with awesome news for Paul to be the One.

Status
Not open for further replies.