BIBLE VERSIONS CAN AFFECT SALVATION

DougE

King James 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

New King James 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

The majority of Bible versions translate the above verse as "are being saved", instead of "are saved". The translation of this verse affects the security of our salvation. If we are being saved, that is saying our salvation is an unfinished process, and not a present possession. We are saved by the redemption of the Lord Jesus Christ, we are justified freely, as a gift of God (Romans 3:21-26 Romans 5:15 Romans 6:23).

This is just one example highlighting the importance of how translations affect doctrine.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Once Saved Always Saved is a false doctrine.

Eternal Security is not a false doctrine.

​​​​​​ [h=1]John 10:27-29 King James Version (KJV)[/h]
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you are willing to read a brief article it has plenty of verses to confirm this: CLICK HERE

Yes it is.

Obviously you do not believe the Scripture. What happens when a person is saved? They are sealed by the Holy Spirit. Now who can unseal that which the Spirit has sealed.

God's Truth

King James 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

New King James 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

The majority of Bible versions translate the above verse as "are being saved", instead of "are saved". The translation of this verse affects the security of our salvation. If we are being saved, that is saying our salvation is an unfinished process, and not a present possession. We are saved by the redemption of the Lord Jesus Christ, we are justified freely, as a gift of God (Romans 3:21-26 Romans 5:15 Romans 6:23).

This is just one example highlighting the importance of how translations affect doctrine.

No Bible translation causes any misunderstanding about salvation, and especially not those scriptures.

You were just taught from men what to believe, instead of from Jesus.

Truster

"For the word of the stake is to them who destruct, foolishness indeed; and to us, being saved, the dynamis of Elohim".

Us being redeemed and regenerate.

DougE

If you are willing to read a brief article it has plenty of verses to confirm this: CLICK HERE

Yes it is.

In the article one example of misapplied scripture is Matthew 10:22. The believing remnant of Israel has to endure to the end to be physically delivered to enter the kingdom on earth promised them. This verse is not for the church, the body of Christ.

God's Truth

"For the word of the stake is to them who destruct, foolishness indeed; and to us, being saved, the dynamis of Elohim".

Us being redeemed and regenerate.

It is foolishness to those who only want to please their flesh. Not all only want to please their flesh.

God's Truth

In the article one example of misapplied scripture is Matthew 10:22. The believing remnant of Israel has to endure to the end to be physically delivered to enter the kingdom on earth promised them. This verse is not for the church, the body of Christ.

There is the one and only message TO ALL.

ALL have to endure to the end.

Galatians 6:9
Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due time we will reap a harvest, if we do not give up.