Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man by nature is Ignorant of True God in Christ

Rom 10:1-3

Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

That man by nature is ignorant of the True God/Jehovah in Christ is seen explicitly here with the jews of Paul's day. Lets not misunderstand, that though this is speaking of jews, its not exclusive to jews, but includes all men, that by nature we have, in our spiritually lost state, a zeal of God, but unfortunately, as it was with the jews, so with all men, this zeal, is not according to knowledge. The knowledge here is knowledge with correct truth. The greek word epignósis

knowledge of a particular point (directed towards a particular object); perception, discernment, recognition, intuition

Its a Salvation Knowledge of Truth as in 1 Tim 2:4

4 who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth

This knowledge we have not by nature, though we may have a zeal of God !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
    Rom 10:1-3

Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

That man by nature is ignorant of the True God/Jehovah in Christ is seen explicitly here with the jews of Paul's day. Lets not misunderstand, that though this is speaking of jews, its not exclusive to jews, but includes all men, that by nature we have, in our spiritually lost state, a zeal of God, but unfortunately, as it was with the jews, so with all men, this zeal, is not according to knowledge. The knowledge here is knowledge with correct truth. The greek word epignósis

knowledge of a particular point (directed towards a particular object); perception, discernment, recognition, intuition

Its a Salvation Knowledge of Truth as in 1 Tim 2:4

4 who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth

This knowledge we have not by nature, though we may have a zeal of God !

So true Brother, just as these spiritually ignorant jews spoken of in Rom. 10:1-3, so are all those who remain in false religion of our day and time; having a zeal for God but not according to knowledge: That is, not with correct Truth, and who shall permanently remain in that lost condition simply because they weren't ever any of the all men 1 Tim. 2:4 whom God Willed to be saved and come to the knowledge of the Truth.

My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever;
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? - Psalm 42:2

Comment

All men, by nature have, in our spiritually lost state, a zeal of God, but unfortunately, as it was with the jews, so with all men, this zeal, is not according to knowledge.

So in this state, by nature #1 Religious , without Spiritual Saving knowledge, men naturally in themselves ignorant of Righteousness with God

3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness,and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Not only is man naturally unrighteous [ Rom 3:10] he doesn't know a thing about Gods Righteousness, nor how to be righteous with God.

Of course he doesn't realize this, and in his own way "goes about to establish their own righteousness," and are all the time:

have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God" though religious

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Originally posted by Nanja View Post

So true Brother, just as these spiritually ignorant jews spoken of in Rom. 10:1-3, so are all those who remain in false religion of our day and time; having a zeal for God but not according to knowledge: That is, not with correct Truth, and who shall permanently remain in that lost condition simply because they weren't ever any of the all men 1 Tim. 2:4 whom God Willed to be saved and come to the knowledge of the Truth.
        Amen Sister, their only hope of escaping such a condition, is if they belong to the election of Grace, and God mercifully converts them.

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

All men, by nature have, in our spiritually lost state, a zeal of God, but unfortunately, as it was with the jews, so with all men, this zeal, is not according to knowledge.

So in this state, by nature #1 Religious , without Spiritual Saving knowledge, men naturally in themselves ignorant of Righteousness with God

3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness,and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Not only is man naturally unrighteous [ Rom 3:10] he doesn't know a thing about Gods Righteousness, nor how to be righteous with God.

Of course he doesn't realize this, and in his own way "goes about to establish their own righteousness," and are all the time:

have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God" though religious

Yes, that's so true and typical of those immersed in false religion today, just as the jews of Rom. 10:2 were: They have not the Knowledge of Salvation given them, simply because they are not His [Elect] People.

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

And so they go about in their zeal to establish their own Righteousness and Salvation.

Comment

Amen Sister, their only hope of escaping such a condition, is if they belong to the election of Grace, and God mercifully converts them.
            Yes Indeed Brother !

Comment

Originally posted by Nanja View Post

Yes, that's so true and typical of those immersed in false religion today, just as the jews of Rom. 10:2 were: They have not the Knowledge of Salvation given them, simply because they are not His [Elect] People.

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

And so they go about in their zeal to establish their own Righteousness and Salvation.

Amen Sister. Lk 1:77 is a strong scripture for this. Thanks

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Amen Sister. Lk 1:77 is a strong scripture for this. Thanks
                Amen, you're so welcome my Brother !

Comment

Its natural for man to seek to establish his own righteousness, this is done in so many different ways Isa 53:6, however the end desired is to find peace, acceptance, favor with God. This scripture sums it up perfectly. Prov 14:12

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Its natural for man to seek to establish his own righteousness, this is done in so many different ways Isa 53:6, however the end desired is to find peace, acceptance, favor with God. This scripture sums it up perfectly. Prov 14:12

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Amen Brother, by nature it seems the right and correct way for a man to want to be accepted by God by his good works and religious sincerity;
                    but what he is unaware of, is that his very best morality and works offered to God are nothing but iniquity 2 Thess. 2:7 !

Jude 1:11 - Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

Rom. 10:2-3

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Comment

Matthew 5:20 (ESV): For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Excellent interpretation of the word of the Lord. Even Jesus didn't considered or endorse the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees.

So in what way are you two love birds exempt?
                      Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

Comment

So as seen by the jews the natural man doesn't submit to the righteousness of God Rom 10:3 and indeed can't be Rom 8:7-8

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

So as seen by the jews the natural man doesn't submit to the righteousness of God Rom 10:3 and indeed can't be Rom 8:7-8

So true Brother ! As a result of the natural / man's mind being carnal, spiritually dead Rom. 8:7-8, he's totally unable to submit to the righteousness of God just as these jews were in Rom. 10:3 [which is revealed in the Gospel of Christ Rom. 1:16-17], because he's destitute of the gift of Faith; which only comes by being Given of God when one is born of the Spirit Gal. 5:22; John 3:6; and Faith pleases God.

Heb. 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

However the faith that the natural man produces in his unregenerate mind is a work of the flesh that cannot please God.

1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:7-8 !

Comment

Sister Nanja
                            So true Brother ! As a result of the natural / man's mind being carnal, spiritually dead Rom. 8:7-8, he's totally unable to submit to the righteousness of God just as these jews were in Rom. 10:3 [which is revealed in the Gospel of Christ Rom. 1:16-17], because he's destitute of the gift of Faith; which only comes by being Given of God when one is born of the Spirit Gal. 5:22; John 3:6; and Faith pleases God.
                            Absolutely and Praise the Lord ! Its so refreshing to fellowship in Truth

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Sister Nanja

Absolutely and Praise the Lord ! Its so refreshing to fellowship in Truth
                              Yes it is, very refreshing; and I'm Praising Him right along with you my Brother, for the Spiritually edifying fellowship in the Truth we have shared over the years

Comment

Working...
                              X