Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does God still speak today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does God still speak today?

    If he does speak today, how does he do so?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
    If he does speak today, how does he do so?
    Yes, the Bible.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Originally posted by Squeaky
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Originally posted by God's Truth
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
      If he does speak today, how does he do so?

      "For God may speak in one way, or in another, Yet man does not perceive it" (Job 33:14).

      Matthew Henry Commentary
      "God speaks to us by conscience, by providences, and by ministers; of all these Elihu discourses. There was not then, that we know of, any Divine revelation in writing, though now it is our principal guide. When God designs men's good, by the convictions and dictates of their own consciences, he opens the heart, as Lydia's, and opens the ears, so that conviction finds or forces its way in. The end and design of these admonitions are to keep men from sin, particularly the sin of pride. While sinners are pursuing evil purposes, and indulging their pride, their souls are hastening to destruction. That which turns men from sin, saves them from hell. What a mercy it is to be under the restraints of an awakened conscience!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Jesus can speak in a voice to anyone if he wants and he still does.
        Oh how I love the Word of God!

        Do not just read the word do it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
          If he does speak today, how does he do so?
          Hmmmm.... Excellent question.

          The intertestamental period or the deuterocanonical period is proof that God can be silent when He pleases.

          Are we experiencing such phenomenon today? And was Paul the last messenger of God?
          Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
            If he does speak today, how does he do so?
            This is a testimony from a close friend who is a mature Christian. One night she was driving home. She was driving behind a large truck that had large concrete slabs tied down. She said she was singing worship songs in the car when she "heard" a voice say "Change lanes now." He first reaction was "What?" She again heard "Change lanes now". So she moved into the right lane. She then said about two seconds after one of the large concrete slabs fell off the truck. Had she not changed lanes the slab would have fell right on top of her car and probably crushed her. Did God speak to her?
            Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

            What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

            I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
            . -Ktoyou

            I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Berean View Post
              This is a testimony from a close friend who is a mature Christian. One night she was driving home. She was driving behind a large truck that had large concrete slabs tied down. She said she was singing worship songs in the car when she "heard" a voice say "Change lanes now." He first reaction was "What?" She again heard "Change lanes now". So she moved into the right lane. She then said about two seconds after one of the large concrete slabs fell off the truck. Had she not changed lanes the slab would have fell right on top of her car and probably crushed her. Did God speak to her?
              Not likely.
              All of my ancestors are human.
              Originally posted by Squeaky
              That explains why your an idiot.
              Originally posted by God's Truth
              Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
              Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
              (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

              1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
              (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

              Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by k0de View Post

                Hmmmm.... Excellent question.

                The intertestamental period or the deuterocanonical period is proof that God can be silent when He pleases.

                Are we experiencing such phenomenon today? And was Paul the last messenger of God?
                Paul is the last apostle, but God can speak to people individually.

                Oh how I love the Word of God!

                Do not just read the word do it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

                  Paul is the last apostle, but God can speak to people individually.
                  I have never heard the voice of Lord Jesus but Paul did. The only time I hear the voice of the Lord Jesus from with the His words from the Bible. Because of this Grace that the Lord Jesus has giving me I believe in Him through faith of the words of Him in the Bible.

                  How is another Jesus talking to people individually?
                  Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by k0de View Post

                    I have never heard the voice of Lord Jesus but Paul did. The only time I hear the voice of the Lord Jesus from with the His words from the Bible. Because of this Grace that the Lord Jesus has giving me I believe in Him through faith of the words of Him in the Bible.

                    How is another Jesus talking to people individually?
                    What do you mean another Jesus?




                    Oh how I love the Word of God!

                    Do not just read the word do it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

                      What do you mean another Jesus?



                      You said Jesus talks to people individually.

                      How is that?

                      So if I read the Quran, Torah or the book of Mormons, does God (Jesus) still talks to me individually?
                      Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by k0de View Post

                        You said Jesus talks to people individually.

                        How is that?

                        So if I read the Quran, Torah or the book of Mormons, does God (Jesus) still talks to me individually?
                        Why would you read the Quran, Torah or Book of Mormon. God speaks to us through his word, the Bible
                        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

                        Jim Elliot

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by k0de View Post

                          You said Jesus talks to people individually.

                          How is that?

                          So if I read the Quran, Torah or the book of Mormons, does God (Jesus) still talks to me individually?
                          Jesus still speaks to some people in his audible voice.

                          God is the God of the Holy Bible.
                          Oh how I love the Word of God!

                          Do not just read the word do it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

                            Jesus still speaks to some people in his audible voice.

                            God is the God of the Holy Bible.
                            agreed
                            He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

                            Jim Elliot

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

                              Jesus still speaks to some people in his audible voice.

                              God is the God of the Holy Bible.
                              Deuteronomy 18:20
                              "But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

                              Deuteronomy 18:22

                              "If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed."

                              So when God (Jesus) speak with the people that you are saying that they hear Him in a audible voice, and the thing doesn't happen.

                              What happens next?
                              Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X