IS CALLING UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD ONLY FOR ISRAEL ?

DougE

The them and the Israel of God are the same ! Israel of God is a characterization of the them !

Sorry but no....the AND underlined below makes them and Israel of God separate and distinct:

And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

DougE

Jesus is the Israel of God.

And all who are put in Jesus are the body of Israel.

Exodus 4:22 Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son,

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Galatians 6:16 Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule--to the Israel of God.

Look at that, Paul said that to GENTILES.

Galatians 6:16 that you cited does not read the same as the KJV

To say that Israel is the firstborn and Jesus is firstborn so Jesus is Israel may be faulty logic.....that could be like saying I am my father's son and my brother is my father's son so my brother is me

Israel was the firstborn son so that is why Israel must be born again John 3:7

God's Truth

Galatians 6:16 that you cited does not read the same as the KJV

To say that Israel is the firstborn and Jesus is firstborn so Jesus is Israel may be faulty logic.....

You have to make up your mind to believe what is written.

God says plainly that Israel is His firstborn.

that could be like saying I am my father's son and my brother is my father's son so my brother is me

You have to know your analogy is nonsense.

Israel was the firstborn son so that is why Israel must be born again John 3:7

Nowhere does that say Israel must be born again.

beloved57

Sorry but no....the AND underlined below makes them and Israel of God separate and distinct:

And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Oh yes its true, theyre one and the same !

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I was only going back and starting all over since you didn't understand my response
BELOW IS MY RESPONSE which you apparently missed seeing

The body of Christ is a new creature NOT the Israel of God.

In verse 15 Paul is saying the only thing that availeth is a new creature.

In verse 16 Paul is simply saying peace and mercy be upon 2 groups
A) them
B) the Israel of God

B57 does not converse, he doesn't debate, he doesn't respond at all in any sort of substantive or otherwise rationally coherent way. He is a troll. He is here to state his doctrine and little to nothing else. NOTHING anyone says could possibly persuade him to move an inch off his doctrine. Not you, not the bible, not God Himself. You're wasting your time even addressing him.

Not that I'm telling you that you shouldn't do so if you want to. Just giving you a heads up about what to expect from him. His confusion isn't real. He entirely understands the points you're making and has no answer. He is intentionally wasting your time.