Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

It was never God's Will to punish the Elect !

It was never God's Will to punish the Elect !

It was never God's Will to punish the Elect themselves for their sins, the elect are those for whom Christ died Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

For it had been foreordained before the world began, that Christ would come into the world, subjecting Himself on their behalf to the curse of the Law Gal 4:4;3:13 to free them from the curse 1 Pet 1:18-20 ;

So God from everlasting willed not to impute sin to unto the World He so Loved in Christ 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

We say that it was from Everlasting because His coming to accomplish this was from of old, Everlasting Micah 5:2

2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Now because of this, The Lord God beholds them as Righteous in Christ, yes even when they themselves are very sinful, ungodly, and His enemies Rom 5:10; All the Elect of God were free from any condemnation of the Law, its curse, and reconciled to God, and perfected forever Heb 10:10-14 in God's sight before they were born and before they believed, and such is the Gospel of God's Grace !

beloved57

Eph 1:7 The forgiveness of sins !

Eph 1:7 The forgiveness of sins !

Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

To have forgiveness of sins, which accompanies redemption through His Blood, is also Justification Per Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

The word redemption here is the same word in Eph 1:7 the word apolytrōsis:

I.a releasing effected by payment of ransom
A.
redemption, deliverance

B.
liberation procured by the payment of a ransom

The word forgiveness in Eph 1:7 is the word aphesis:

I.
release from bondage or imprisonment

II.
forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty

So forgiveness as Redemption denotes being released, and this forgiveness is what constitutes Justififcation or being Justified in Rom 3:24. The word Justified is dikaioō:

I.
to render righteous or such he ought to be

II.
to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

III.
to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

Because of forgiveness of sins, and it is as though letting them go as they have never been committed, God pronounces us Just, Righteous !

And all of these things Redemption, Forgiveness, being Justified are antecedent, preceding the redeemed ones Faith or Believing ! You see before Faith, The Redemption, Forgiveness, and Justification is unrevealed, a mystery, and not known by the blood covered redeemed !

beloved57

Eph 1:7 The forgiveness of sins ! 2

Eph 1:7 The forgiveness of sins ! 2

However the Just shall Live by Faith ! At the Call of the Gospel, it is then revealed to the redeemed one or ones, their Justification, Forgiveness and Redemption before God through the Cross Work of Christ on their behalf, so it reads Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

That word revealed is apokalyptō:

I.
to uncover, lay open what has been veiled or covered up
A.
disclose, make bare

II.
to make known, make manifest, disclose what before was unknown

That which had been unknown was their Redemption, Justification/ Righteousness, and forgiveness of sins they had through Christ !

And in this sense following the Call and revealing of the Gospel to Faith, they are Justified, which Justification Paul means here following the Call Rom 8:30

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

He Called them and Justified them through and or by Faith Rom 3:30

30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

You see, being Justified by Faith is the fulfillment of a Promise of God to do it for Abraham's Seed !

And so God in this can be said to Justify His Elect, when He by the word of the Gospel sent to them, reveals to them the Riches of His Grace towards them through Jesus Christ !

beloved57

Eph 1:7 The forgiveness of sins ! 3

Eph 1:7 The forgiveness of sins ! 3

When one for whom Christ died has the Gospel of their Salvation sent to them by God through His sent messengers Rom 10:14-15

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

It is to make known or reveal to them God's Mercy and Forgiveness towards them in and through the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that He did not impute their sins against them but has conversely imputed to them Righteousness 2 Cor 5:19-21

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

beloved57

Still sinful by nature !

Still sinful by nature !

Even though the Elect of God have a Perfect Righteousness imputed to them in and because of Christ, they are still by nature yet sinful, so thats why 1 Jn 1:8 is appropiate 1 Jn 1:8

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

The Elect can never say that they have no sin while living here in the flesh, its impossible for that to be a fact ! Also why we have Rom 7:24-25

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? What we as believers are by nature !

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

But understand this, what the elect are and do by nature is never charged to them, never imputed to them Rom 4:7-8

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

The evil that cleaves to the elect by nature, God overrules it for their Eternal Good, to keep them ever so humble and reliant on God's Grace 2 Cor 12:7-9

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

That word buffet Vs 7 is the greek word kolaphizō and means:

I.
to strike with the fist, give one a blow with the fist

II.
to maltreat, treat with violence and contumely

Now this word is derived from the root base word kolazō which means :

I.
to lop or prune, as trees and wings

II.
to curb, check, restrain

III.
to chastise, correct, punishment

IV.
to cause to be punished

God uses it as an chastening tool Prov 3:11-12

11 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction:

12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

You see, final deliverance from what the elect are in themselves by nature is not until physical death or the second coming at the redemption of the body; However while still in nature, God will not allow all their corruptions to prevail against them, none that would thwart His Purpose for them in Christ Eph 2:10

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

beloved57

My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased !

My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased !

Matt 3:15-17

15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

What would you think if I was to say to you, that when God the Father made this declaration regarding His Beloved Son, That it was not to Him merely meant as to a private person, but as He was the Last Adam, as the Head of His Body the Church, and so it means that He is well pleased with all of them in Him, even while they themselves are unregenerate and by nature enemies and children of wrath !

Thats why when He used the pronoun us here Matt 3:15

15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

beloved57

You make God Unjust !

You make God Unjust !

If God for any reason executes His Just wrath and punishes for sin anyone Christ died for, He is Unjust and is gulity of punishing the guiltless See Ps 32:2

Those who are discharged from sin and its due penalty, because Christ by His Death alone has been the meritorious cause of their Justification, for by His death and propitiation /reconciliation Heb 2:17 He hath fully gained for them discharge and disimprisonment from the penalty and curse of the Law Isa 42:7 also realize Unbelief is an imprisonment Rom 11:32 !

They by His death are released from imprisonment, from the penalty and curse of the Law Gal 3:13 which surely they merited and deserved, and so it is written in Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Please note that He did this Purging our sins BY HIMSELF

That denotes that it was without any conditions performed by the ones whose sins He purged.

The word purged katharismos :

C.a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

That makes them by the expiatory death of Christ guiltless ! That word means further:

free from guilt; innocent.

free of all responsibility for wrongdoing or crime; innocent

Si if any of them can die in Unbelief and their sins Jn 8:24,God is guilty of punishing for unbelief and sins the Innocent and guiltless, no way around it Gen 18:25

25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

The answer is NO if we teach that the Judge of all the Earth, The LORD shall punish for sin and unbelief any for whom Christ died !

beloved57

Mercy Upon All !

Mercy Upon All !

Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

This is where many many in false religion go astray because of their laziness, and wilful at that ! Does All here mean all mankind without exception ? By no means, not even close, for that would contradict other scriptures and even more importantly the very teaching of Rom 9-11 ! In Rom 9 we read of the Vessels of Mercy as distinguished from others of mankind who are vessels of wrath and most certainly excluded from God's Mercy Rom 9:15-19

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

The all means all nationalities contain Vessels of Mercy ! But the Vessels of Mercy are those which in Vs 23 says of them " which he had afore prepared unto glory"

So contextually the All of Rom 11:32 would be all the Vessels of Mercy "which he had afore prepared unto glory" Not of the jews only, but also of the Gentiles !

You see, all mankind without exception cannot be the particular Vessels of Mercy ! Micah 7:18

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

Nanja

beloved57;2797477 #21]Faith and Salvation go together, both by the Grace of God. The Gift of God's Grace Rom 5:15

15But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

The Gift by Grace is "Salvation by Grace through Faith " Thats why Paul says believers believed by Grace Acts 18:27

27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Faith and Salvation must go together because Faith is the means by which God communicates to the one being saved the spiritual assurance and evidence that they stand Justified and have been made Right with Him based upon the work of Christ. The communication of this assurance and evidence results in Trust, Trust that things are as they have been communicated. Eph 1:13

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Trusting was not and is not a condition one meets to get saved, but the result of having been made known that one is saved. Its reliance upon a Truth revealed !

Those that God saves by the Merits of Christ wants them to know it, and give Him thanks through Christ for it !

Col 3:17

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him[Christ].

Excellent points made!

I believe that The concept of the Gift of Faith is impossible for one to comprehend unless he has been given it.

~~~~~

beloved57

Same Gospel to both jew and Greek !

Same Gospel to both jew and Greek !

Did you know that when Paul preached to a jewish synagogue the Gospel of Christ, that many Gentiles/ Greeks believed the Gospel as a result ? Acts 17:1-4

Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:

2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

This is proof positive that Paul, a saved jewish preacher, did preach the same Gospel of Christ to both jews and the greeks / Gentiles Rom 1:16

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Its amazing of the debt of delusion many are in today, to suppose that God had a different Gospel of Christ for the jews than He did for the Gentiles, even in light of clear proof otherwise, thats how powerful strong delusion is ! See 2 Thess 2:10-13 !

Nanja

Did you know that when Paul preached to a jewish synagogue the Gospel of Christ, that many Gentiles/ Greeks believed the Gospel as a result ? Acts 17:1-4

Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:

2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

This is proof positive that Paul, a saved jewish preacher, did preach the same Gospel of Christ to both jews and the greeks / Gentiles Rom 1:16

Its amazing of the debt of delusion many are in today, to suppose that God had a different Gospel of Christ for the jews than He did for the Gentiles, even in light of clear proof otherwise, thats how powerful strong delusion is ! See 2 Thess 2:10-13 !

Until today, I was not aware that some actually teach that fallacy :plain:

Yes, it is God that sends them this strong delusion to believe a lie 2 Thes. 2:10-13 KJV;
He makes them to err from His ways Is. 63:17 KJV. These scriptures effectively refute
the false claim that a man's own freewill decision effects whether he accepts or rejects the Truth:
Which is just another strong delusion God sends them.

~~~~~

beloved57

Until today, I was not aware that some actually teach that fallacy :plain:

Yes, it is God that sends them this strong delusion to believe a lie 2 Thes. 2:10-13 KJV;
He makes them to err from His ways Is. 63:17 KJV. These scriptures effectively refute
the false claim that a man's own freewill decision effects whether he accepts or rejects the Truth:
Which is just another strong delusion God sends them.

~~~~~
Amen !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

The Sheep and The Chosen the same !

The Sheep and The Chosen the same !

Those who were Chosen in Christ before the foundation, and blessed of the Father as per Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

These blessed ones are the very same ones Jesus says this unto Matt 25:33-34

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Nanja

Those who were Chosen in Christ before the foundation, and blessed of the Father as per Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

These blessed ones are the very same ones Jesus says this unto Matt 25:33-34

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Yes. His Chosen Sheep He laid down His Life for John 10:11 !

~~~~~