The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

God loves the World of His Sanctified Ones!

Yes ! God couldn't Love sinners outside of Christ,Hes too Holy For that.He made Christ unto us Sanctification 1Cor 1:30

It is because of God that you are in union with the Messiah Jesus, who for us has become wisdom from God, as well as our righteousness, sanctification, and redemption. ISV

Nanja

Yes ! God couldn't Love sinners outside of Christ,Hes too Holy For that.He made Christ unto us Sanctification 1Cor 1:30

It is because of God that you are in union with the Messiah Jesus, who for us has become wisdom from God, as well as our righteousness, sanctification, and redemption. ISV

Amen my Brother!

lucasd01

By far the greatest accomplishment of the atonement among the many other things it accomplishes, is the forgiveness of sins and the reconciliation of God with man! I've read John Piper's "50 reasons why Christ came to die" booklet over again and there's literally that amount of things accomplished on the cross. Mind you - temporal wealth, total earthly comfort and a relatively pain-free life wasn't in there... funny that. www.fromfrightenedtofather.wordpress.com

beloved57

By far the greatest accomplishment of the atonement among the many other things it accomplishes, is the forgiveness of sins and the reconciliation of God with man! I've read John Piper's "50 reasons why Christ came to die" booklet over again and there's literally that amount of things accomplished on the cross. Mind you - temporal wealth, total earthly comfort and a relatively pain-free life wasn't in there... funny that. www.fromfrightenedtofather.wordpress.com

All men don't have forgiveness of sins, nor are all men reconciled to God !

beloved57

Another accomplishment of Christ's death involving the atonement is this: It gives an inheritance !

The Death of Christ, is actually the death of the testator, and it activates Covenant Blessings upon them He died for ! Heb 9:14-17

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

16For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The eternal inheritance is eternal life. Its what Paul means here Gal 3:18

For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise

And Peter meant here 1 Pet 1:4

To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

What Moses meant here Gen 17:8

And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

The word possession in that verse is the hebrew word achuzzah

possession by right of inheritance, Like Num 27:7

The daughters of Zelophehad speak right: thou shalt surely give them a possession of an inheritance among their father's brethren; and thou shalt cause the inheritance of their father to pass unto them

Ezk 46:16

Thus saith the Lord GOD; If the prince give a gift unto any of his sons, the inheritance thereof shall be his sons'; it shall be their possession by inheritance.

So the death of Christ bequeaths an inheritance upon them He died for ! That inheritance is inclusive of eternal life !

beloved57

It takes away sins

One of the Great Blessings of the death of Christ, which applies to all for whom He died, and is the primary reason why His Death alone saved them, it's the fact that His Death took away their sins! They can't die in their sins as these may Jn8:24 !

He was manifested to take away our sins, if we're believers 1 Jn 3:5

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

John here is writing to the Children of God, not all mankind. And Christ death results in salvation from their sins, because He took them away.

The writer of Hebrews taught this when contrasting the Death of Christ versus the death of the old covenant sacrifices Heb 10:4

For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

But Christ death alone did, and by His offering of Himself, He sanctified and Perfected forever them He died for Heb 10:10,14! That is what takig away sins accomplished for all whom He died!

beloved57

Life out of His Death!

Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

What religionists don't know is that the death of Christ gives life to the world he died for, the world of God's Sheep.

Remember when Christ said this Jn 10:10

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The They are his sheep Vs 11

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

And that is the same World in Jn 6:33

Life comes to them, that world as a result of His Death as their Shepherd.

Nanja

Life out of His Death!

Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

What religionists don't know is that the death of Christ gives life to the world he died for, the world of God's Sheep.

Remember when Christ said this Jn 10:10

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The They are his sheep Vs 11

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

And that is the same World in Jn 6:33

Life comes to them, that world as a result of His Death as their Shepherd.

So True!

Christ's Death was a Covenant Death for a Covenant people: His Sheep.

John 10:15
As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Christ was the Surety of the Sheep in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace, and the shedding of His Precious Blood was the price agreed upon to Save His Sheep from their sins.

Heb. 7:22
By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

In this Everlasting Covenant, Christ was the Lamb slain from the foundation Rev. 13:8 in the Mind and Purpose of God Eph. 3:11 to charge the sins that His Sheep would ever commit in Time, to Christ their Surety instead of them Is. 53:6. And He was raised again from the dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep.

Heb. 13:20-21
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

So every one of Christ's Sheep, in time, shall experience Spiritual Life in New Birth by the Power of the Holy Spirit, as a Covenant Blessing and Benefit of the Eternal Life given them in Christ their Surety and Saviour from Everlasting.

beloved57

nanja

So every one of Christ's Sheep, in time, shall experience Spiritual Life in New Birth by the Power of the Holy Spirit, as a Covenant Blessing and Benefit of the Eternal Life given them in Christ their Surety and Saviour from Everlasting.

Exactly !

beloved57

It accomplished the appeasement of Gods Wrath!

People, for the whole world of persons that Christ died for, His Death for them did propitate Gods Wrath for them 1 Jn 2:1-2. God has no more wrath for them. Therefore, where the scripture speaks of people being under Gods Wrath Jn 3:36

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

So reasonably concluding, the ones that believes not, and are under Gods Wrath, can't be any Christ died for.

Nanja

It accomplished the appeasement of Gods Wrath!

People, for the whole world of persons that Christ died for, His Death for them did propitate Gods Wrath for them 1 Jn 2:1-2. God has no more wrath for them. Therefore, where the scripture speaks of people being under Gods Wrath Jn 3:36

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

So reasonably concluding, the ones that believes not, and are under Gods Wrath, can't be any Christ died for.

That's for certain Brother! And they will remain under God's Wrath permanently, because they were appointed to wrath Rom. 9:22 instead of Salvation.

1 Pet. 2:7-8
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious [Elect]: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, 8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed [non-elect].

1 Thes. 5:9-10
9 For God hath not appointed us [Elect] to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

These elect ones are the Sheep Christ was Surety for Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6 from Everlasting Heb. 13:20, and were never under God's Wrath at any time because their Surety propitiated God's Wrath on their behalf Rom. 4:7-8. So each one of them shall be Born Again and Given Faith Gal. 5:22; John 3:27 to Believe on Christ Phil. 1:29

beloved57

That's for certain Brother! And they will remain under God's Wrath permanently, because they were appointed to wrath Rom. 9:22 instead of Salvation.

1 Pet. 2:7-8
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious [Elect]: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, 8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed [non-elect].

1 Thes. 5:9-10
9 For God hath not appointed us [Elect] to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

These elect ones are the Sheep Christ was Surety for Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6 from Everlasting Heb. 13:20, and were never under God's Wrath at any time because their Surety propitiated God's Wrath on their behalf Rom. 4:7-8. So each one of them shall be Born Again and Given Faith Gal. 5:22; John 3:27 to Believe on Christ Phil. 1:29

Yes, the non elect are born under Gods Wrath and Hatred and condemnation, that why the cant and dont believe. Jn 3:18

[FONT=&quot]He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.[/FONT]

Nanja

Yes, the non elect are born under Gods Wrath and Hatred and condemnation, that why the cant and dont believe. Jn 3:18

[FONT="]He that believeth on him is not condemned: but [B]he that believeth not is condemned already[/B], because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="#006400"]Absolutely!

beloved57

Hath Perfected them forever!

One of the Blessings of the Death of Christ, applied to every sinner He offered Himself for, they are by His Death alone "Perfected forever"

Heb 10:14

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

So His one offering saved them, they can't be lost forever,

beloved57

Hath Perfected them forever!2

Now because it's a fact that sinners Christ died for are perfected forever, a truth that only God given Faith can receive,none of them can or will ever come into condemnation!

Nanja

Hath Perfected them forever!2

Now because it's a fact that sinners Christ died for are perfected forever, a truth that only God given Faith can receive,none of them can or will ever come into condemnation!

Amen! All the Election of Grace chosen In Union with Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:4, they are Permananetly Sanctified and Justified from all sin, not by anything they do or don't do, but solely by His Death for them.

Rom. 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

beloved57

Amen! All the Election of Grace chosen In Union with Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:4, they are Permananetly Sanctified and Justified from all sin, not by anything they do or don't do, but solely by His Death for them.

Rom. 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Amen Sister, and though they be ungodly sinners like others by nature, God doesn't impute one sin to their charge, not even their native unbelief/disobedience!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nanja

Amen Sister, and though they be ungodly sinners like others by nature, God doesn't impute one sin to their charge, not even their native unbelief/disobedience!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Exactly Brother, because all their sin was imputed to their Surety Heb. 7:22 instead of them Is. 53:6.

Rom. 4:6-8
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

beloved57

It brings us to God !

Even though the religious unbelieving world can't and doesn't believe this, one of the effects of the atoning death of Christ is to bring chosen sinners to God 1 Peter 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

That word bring is the greek word prosagó and means:
Definition: I bring to, bring near; I come to or towards, approach.
Its the same word Jesus uses here Jn 10:16

King James Bible
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

He brings them by the power and effect of His Death. That is why the writer of Hebrews writes they come to God by Him Heb 7:25
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Epoisses

Jesus is the savior of the world. He atoned for all sin past, present and future for all people who have ever lived or will live. He made one sacrifice for sin for all time and then sat down on the right hand of God. Those that believe the gospel will be saved. Those that invent there own gospel from some French theologian will be lost.