Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

All Three Beings in Gospel !

Rom 1:1

1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

In Preaching the True Gospel of God's Grace, All Three beings of the God-Head should be acknowledged, and rendered due Honor and Praise Unto, for the Salvation of their Elect.

God the Father, in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace, and as the God of All Grace 1 Pet 5:10, purposed Salvation and Redemption, devised the scheme, and chose the vessels whom should partake of Salvation by Grace in the Time State, which are referred to as the Vessels of Mercy, which He had prepared before hand [By Choosing them in Christ] for Glory Rom 9:23;Eph 1:3-6. This is the Gospel or the Good News of God the Father's Election and Predestination, to the Praise of His Eternal Grace, there is no Gospel without it !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Father's Predestinating is a Gospel Truth !

In Eph 1:3-6

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

This Gospel Truth that clearly Paul Preached, was that the Father predestinated some [Those Chosen in Christ vs 4] unto the Adoption of children through Jesus Christ " not according to man's freewill as it is deceptively preached today by false teachers, but it was according to the good pleasure of His Will [The Father], thus Paul is stating that before we, the chosen, were ever created in adam, The Father had beforehand marked us out, which means He determined our destiny ! We know this by the word predestinated used here in vs 5, it is the greek word proorizō which means:

1) to predetermine, decide beforehand

2) in the NT of God decreeing from eternity

3) to foreordain, appoint beforehand

This word is also made up of the root word horizō which means:

to mark out the boundaries or limits (of any place or thing)

b) to determine, appoint

1) that which has been determined, acc. to appointment, decree

2) to ordain, determine, appoint

The Father determined the destiny of His Chosen, this is comparable to Paul's Teaching also in Rom 9:23

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

This predestination to Son ship through Jesus Christ is in accordance with that Purpose of God that Paul sets forth Rom 8:28-30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Again this Purpose of God was established for us [If Chosen] before God created the first of the dust of the earth
Prov 8:26

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

This is a Gospel of the kingdom, Gospel of God's Grace Truth about the Father !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Father's Predestinating is a Gospel Truth ! cont

Eph 1:5

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Now God the Father predestinated this Son-Ship not by or through Adam, by which we obtained a Natural Son-Ship Lk 3:38 and 1 Cor 15:46-47

But through and by Jesus Christ, the Lord from heaven. So this leads us to understand, that the Father purposed to create the Elect in Adam, have them sin in Adam, and then to have them brought into Son-Ship experimentally through Jesus Christ, by regeneration or new birth, then and only then do we obtain the purposed Son-Ship or become Children as pointed out in Eph 1:5 ! Now this scripture informs us that this predestination unto Adoption of Son, was according to the will of His [The Father] good pleasure [Ps 51:18;Lk 12:32]

To His Heart's delight. The good pleasure of God's will is always purposed in Himself and accomplished by Himself !

Eph 1:9

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

Last edited:

beloved57

Rom 1:16-17 What the Gospel reveals !

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Gospel is a revelation of the Righteousness of God ! What Righteousness of God ? 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Everyone Christ was made sin for, He was for them the Righteousness of God[ 1 Cor 1:30]. Scripture reads, by the obedience of One shall any be made Righteous Rom 5:19b

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

It is these, the many, that God sends the Gospel to them, to reveal their Righteousness from Heaven, it is the Righteousness of God, secured unto them by the Obedience of Christ, it's made known to them. You see it must be revealed to them, otherwise it would be a Mystery, but God reveals to them.

The Salvation of those whom Christ died for , the Righteousness He won for them and it is placed on their account, is the Mystery of His will Eph 1:9

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

All whom are saved, it is according to His Good pleasure, they perish not Matt 18:14

14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

Lk 12:32

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Rom 1:17 says it is revealed or made known , not to everyone without exception, but from Faith to Faith !

Last edited:

ThePresbyteers

eisegesis.jpg

waterbear

BANNED
Banned
Paul preached his own gospel. It wasn't Jesus' whose teachings are to be found in the Gospels, not in Paul's letters.

beloved57

Declaring the Decree !

Preaching the Gospel is declaring the decree ! True Gospel Preaching can never neglect Preaching that Christ was slain from the Foundation of the world Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

In the Eternal Purpose of God, by His Decree and everlasting Covenant in realization of the Decree of the Fall [Adam's Transgression], for the fulfilling of God's Eternal Redemptive Purpose, Christ was viewed by the Godhead, as already slain for the sins of God's Elect Rom 8:33-34, yes even before the world began or even made ! All of God's Elect were by God reckoned as Saved in Christ from Eternity courtesy of Rom 8:28-31; Eph 1:3-6; 2 Tim 1:9. In light of this all of that which they experience in the time state of saving Grace, was done for them in God's Eternal Purpose before the creation of the world, according to God's Mind and Purpose, the Lord Jesus Christ was slain, hence the conclusion, that in God's Mind, the stipulations of the Covenant of Grace or the Everlasting Covenant were fulfilled, the blood of the Covenant shed, Christ being seated at the Right hand of God, and the Elect Redeemed !

Last edited:

beloved57

Preaching Repentance and Remission in His Name !

Lk 24:46-47

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Remission of sins or Forgiveness of sins, the same word aphesis which means:

release from bondage or imprisonment

2) forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty

And Repentance which means :a change of mind, as it appears to one who repents, of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done

Jesus told His disciples that they should be preached [published] in His Name, that is, these blessings are theirs because of Me, My Finished Work, these blessings, repentance and forgiveness of sins, are given to all those Christ died for, Which was God's Chosen People, Spiritual Israel, which included Gentiles. Acts 5:31

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

That word granted is the same word for give in Acts 5:31

It's the greek word didōmi:

to give

2) to give something to someone

a) of one's own accord to give one something, to his advantage

1) to bestow a gift

Those who teach a false Gospel have taken the preaching of repentance, and perverted it as to making it a condition for people to do in order to get saved, but that's a Lie, both Repentance and Remission of Sins are given to all for whom Christ died. Yes , Christ and the Apostles preached Repentance as a command, but that was in order that the bestowed Gift would be made evident by those it had been given to !

Last edited:

beloved57

He hath made us accepted in the Beloved !

Eph 1:6

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

The freewillers will reject this precious truth of the Gospel of the Grace of God. Now who has been made accepted in the beloved and when were they made accepted in the beloved ?

Remember, the Gospel is the Good News of what God has done for Chosen sinners through Jesus Christ, its not about man's duty and responsibility.

Now the answer to the first inquiry, who has been made accepted in the beloved, why Believers have, also those Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4 ! Now many of the adversaries of the Gospel contend that Paul was now writing to Believers, implying that they are not accepted in the Beloved until after they believe, but thats a lie, sure such comments cannot be made to any except believers, but believing was not the condition, but the invertible result or effect. Long before any believer believed, God hath made them accepted in the beloved, by choosing them in Him, before the foundation Eph 1:4, and it is this fact, that gives this to be a matter for the Praise of the Glory of His Grace. This Grace was given to them [believers] before they became believers, in Christ Jesus [Their Mediator Head] before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Paul is here rehearsing to them the Gospel of God's Grace He had already preached to them Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

If the Gospel you preach or believed did not consist with this Grand Truth, That God hath made us accepted in the Beloved, by His grace given, before the world began, then you preach a false man centered gospel !

Last edited:

beloved57

Who did Jesus specifically preach Salvation to ?

Lk 4:18

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Preaching the Gospel as it pertained to Salvation, those to whom it was a Savor of Life unto Life 2 Cor 2:16, and to whom it was the power of God Rom 1:16, was limited to a certain people, a prepared people, much like how it was with John the Baptist Lk 1:17

And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

For this Jesus Himself proclaimed, to whom He was Anointed and sent to preach the Gospel of Salvation unto. Now was it everyone without exception ? No , but it was to the poor Lk 4:18

18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Now what does poor mean here ? Poor means poor in Spirit as in Matt 5:3

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

You see that ? Its a blessed thing to be made poor in Spirit, and the Promise is to them, that theirs is the Kingdom of heaven, and so, that being the case, the Gospel of their Salvation comes to them Eph 1:13

The poor in Spirit are Heirs of the Kingdom, the Kingdom of Heaven James 2:5

Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Now ask yourself, are all men without exception poor in spirit ? No they are not, and to become that, one must be blessed of God, that is God the Holy Spirit, in New Birth. It is a Covenant Blessing, a Kingdom Blessing, of one who has been birthed into His Kingdom ! Jn 3:3-5

So the Gospel is sent to a spiritually prepared people, those who by the Spirit will be made sensibly aware of their own spiritual poverty and sinfulness, much Like the Publican in Lk 18:13

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Thats poor in Spirit folks, and to such, God sends the good news of their Salvation, to them the Gospel is preached !

Last edited:

tudorturtl

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. [the disciples, save judas, represented all them given to Jesus christ]

there is something in this, that will perhaps always bother me. a question.
did Judas, by betraying Jesus, do the will of God?
Jesus told him "what you do,do quickly!" almost as though if you think about it you might not be able to do what must be done.
I will leave that judgement to God. for it could be like in Josephs story, that God meant it for good, that many souls be saved alive. And we don't see Joseph condemning Judah in that picture do we? not my call. that's all I'm saying.

beloved57

Who did Jesus specifically preach Salvation to ?

Let us notice a second detail of those the Gospel is preached to, Jesus says to the Captives Lk 4:18

18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

The word preach here means to:

to publish, proclaim openly: something which has been done

In other words, the deliverance of the captive is something to be proclaimed as done, not contingent, not possible, not if, but or maybe, but that it is a done deal !

The word deliverance means:

release from bondage or imprisonment

2) forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty

The Ideal is this, if one has been serving a death sentence for having been guilty of gruesome crimes, and then on the by and by, they have brought to them that they are now free, that the penalty has been satisfied, that they are forgiven all is well, the state holds nothing against you now, in fact it is as you never did the crimes !

Even though all are captives by nature, all are not sensible of it, however God will make all His Chosen ones who are captives by satan, to feel their captivity and to hope for His deliverance as He did with the Children of Israel Ex 3:8-9

And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.

Jesus Christ came down to deliver His Spiritual Israel, His Church from the works of the Devil 1 Jn 3:8, That He may deliver us from this present evil world Gal 1:4

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world[Egypt], according to the will of God and our Father:

9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.

Yes, God will cause our captivity to become a oppression[distress or affliction] right before He sends the good news of the Gospel, Proclaiming our deliverance !

He prepares His People for the heartily reception of the Gospel of their salvation, they receive it with readiness of heart ! Acts 17:11

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Now do you think any of the Children of Israel would not have been ready to hear the Good News of their deliverance from Egypt ?

Last edited:

beloved57

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. [the disciples, save judas, represented all them given to Jesus christ]

there is something in this, that will perhaps always bother me. a question.
did Judas, by betraying Jesus, do the will of God?
Jesus told him "what you do,do quickly!" almost as though if you think about it you might not be able to do what must be done.
I will leave that judgement to God. for it could be like in Josephs story, that God meant it for good, that many souls be saved alive. And we don't see Joseph condemning Judah in that picture do we? not my call. that's all I'm saying.

Sir or Mam, why not ask a question relevant to the subject matter in this thread ?

beloved57

The Main Purpose for Gospel Preaching !

Rom 10:14-15

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

How shall we hear without a Preacher ? The Sheep of course. Remember Jesus said Jn 10:16

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The Main purpose of Gospel Preaching in the Apostolic era, was to call forth Faith and Repentance in the Spiritually alive Elect, or Sheep ! Thats why Paul says this in Acts 20:19-21

19 Serving the LORD with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:

20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house,

21 Testifying both to the Jews [Sheep], and also to the Greeks[Sheep], repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

The word testifying here is the greek word diamartyromai and it means:

to testify

a) earnestly, religiously to charge

2) to attest, testify to, solemnly affirm

a) to give solemn testimony to one

b) to confirm a thing by testimony, to testify, cause it to be believed

Paul through His Apostolic Ministry was giving confirmation to the Spiritually awakened Sheep of the Jews and the Gentiles of their Salvation through Christ, causing them to believe their Testimony, by the work of the Spirit attending His Ministry. This was the Main and Primary reason for Apostolic Gospel Preaching !

Paul said to the Believing Corinthians this 1 Cor 1:6

Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: This word confirmed in the greek is in the passive voice, they were made recipients of the Testimony of the Gospel, being confirmed into belief of the Truth !

If one believes the True Testimony of the Gospel, it is not because of their freewill choice, but it was confirmed in them by God the Holy Spirit !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Gospel that Paul Preached !

The Gospel that Paul Preached makes it quite clear that a man is not saved by anything they have done, no obedience of theirs, In fact he teaches that as we [God's Elect] were made sinners, not by what we did, but by what Adam did, so in same exact fashion, we [God's Elect] are made Righteous, not by what we did, but what Christ did, whom is the Head of the Church Rom 5:18-19

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Last edited:

beloved57

Eph 6:19-20

Eph 6:19-20

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

The Gospel and it's Doctrines are Mysteries Matt 13:11

He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

The Gospel is also called by Paul " The wisdom of God in a Mystery" Per 1 Cor 2:7

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

It is preached and only made known to God's Saints, those set apart by the Holy Spirit 2 Thess 2:13

Col 1:26

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Now understand, the Elect of God are actually saints while they are sinners, while they are enemies, while they are Children of wrath even as others !

They were sanctified by God the Father before the world began ! Jude 1:1

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

And they were sanctified by the blood of Christ when He offered Himself for them !

Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Everyone God the Father knew for whom Christ died, " The foreknown" they were sanctified in God's Mind and Purpose" by the blood of Christ. So the Gospel is made manifest or known to them ! Col 1:26

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

How is it made manifest to them ? By the Gospel !

Last edited:

beloved57

Why Preach Repentance ?

Why did the Apostles Preach Repentance ? Lk 24:45-48

45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Also Look at Acts 20:20-21

20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house,

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Of course Jesus commanded it, Mk 1:14-15, but why ? Now the antichrist testimony would have us believe that the Gospel command to repent is a duty for all men to perform to get saved . They are in essence calling men to perform good works, or duties as to meet conditions to get themselves saved, thus perverting the Gospel of God's Grace ! For the scripture has made it plain that Salvation is by Grace, and not works, or duties, and it is unwise to mix the Two Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

So again, why this command to repent, to perform ? It was not so they can be causes of Grace to get saved, but effects of Grace after having been saved. You see, they were saved by Grace apart from their works, by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holly Ghost Titus 3:5, and Faith and Repentance are the effects and evidences of that saving work !

Last edited:

beloved57

Why Preach Repentance ? cont

The Main Purpose for Gospel Preaching was in order to call forth the Elect, or Sheep, or the Church unto Repentance. Those who preach that Faith and or Repentance are duties incumbent upon every man without exception, as may be gathered from Acts 17:30, are preaching a False Gospel ! Jesus commanded Repentance to be Preached to both Jews and gentiles Acts 20:20-21 because both would be recipients of the Gift of Repentance Acts 5:31;11:18, for they receive the Gift in their New Birth, which is a result of Christ's resurrection. In essence, Gospel Preaching was purposed and designed only for the Born Again Ones to repent and believe. That's why Jesus said, " He that believeth and is Baptized [as a evidence of submission] shall be saved, they #1. Shall be saved already by the Mercy of Regeneration and the Spirits Renewing, and #2. they shall be saved from the wrath to come !

Last edited:

beloved57

Why Preach Repentance ? cont

Now understand this, If Faith and Repentance are not Gifts of a New Spiritual Life given by the Risen Saviour, Jesus Christ as evidences of Spiritual life, then what we have is Faith and Repentance becoming duties, tasks, works of men, meritorious deeds by men towards Salvation, which makes Salvation depend on our works, which is error, because Salvation is by Grace and not of works Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

What this boils down to, the antichrist ministers turn the effects of saving Grace [Faith and Repentance] into the causes of Salvation, thus perverting God's Grace Jude 1:4

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.