Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump's Syria withdrawal: "misguided and catastrophic blow to our national security"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trump's Syria withdrawal: "misguided and catastrophic blow to our national security"

    Following Return from Congressional Visit to Syria-Jordan Border, Spanberger Releases Joint Statement with Bipartisan Colleagues Regarding Withdrawal of U.S. Troops from Northern Syria

    Washington, October 7, 2019

    WASHINGTON, D.C. – As members of the House Armed Services, Foreign Affairs, and Intelligence Committees, U.S. Representatives Abigail Spanberger (D-VA-07), Elise Stefanik (R-NY-21), Jason Crow (D-CO-6), and Chrissy Houlahan (D-PA-06) returned this morning from a bipartisan congressional delegation trip to Turkey, Afghanistan, and the Syrian-Jordanian border.

    The members released the following statement regarding the decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Northern Syria:

    “As members of the House Armed Services, Foreign Affairs, and Intelligence Committees, we returned this morning from a bipartisan congressional delegation trip to Turkey, Afghanistan, and the Syria-Jordan border. During our trip, we met with foreign governmental leaders and our U.S. security, intelligence, and diplomatic leadership to discuss our ongoing counterterrorism efforts, the threats posed by terrorist groups, including ISIS, and the impact of the region’s instability on our national security.

    “Over and over again, we heard from U.S. and foreign leaders of the danger posed to the United States and our allies if Turkish forces moved into northern Syria, an area protected by our Kurdish allies, the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).

    “The SDF has been our primary ally on the ground in the fight against ISIS, fighting shoulder-to-shoulder with U.S. forces and now guarding 11,000 battle-hardened ISIS fighters. At the same time, Turkey views these Kurdish soldiers as a risk to their security priorities. The bottom line is that these Kurdish soldiers are the first line of defense in maintaining the gains we have made against ISIS; if Turkey attacks these Kurdish soldiers, there is a grave risk that the ISIS fighters they guard will escape and return to the battlefield.

    “The Administration’s announcement regarding Syria is a misguided and catastrophic blow to our national security interests. Not only will this decision further destabilize the region, it will make it more difficult for the United States to recruit allies and partners to defeat terrorist groups like ISIS.

    “We call on the Administration to work with the same U.S. leaders, diplomats, and intelligence officials we met with this past week to understand the grave consequences of this rash decision and to develop a long-term strategy for countering the terrorist threat in Syria.”

    Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

  • #2
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...
    8:38 AM - Oct 7, 2019




    He's insane.

    Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

    Comment


    • #3
      If anybody though the US was a reliable ally- think again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
        Donald J. Trump
        @realDonaldTrump
        As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...
        8:38 AM - Oct 7, 2019




        He's insane.
        "I, in my great and unmatched wisdom"...



        Yet there'll still be people who think this guy isn't unhinged or an egotistical clown.
        Well this is fun isn't it?

        Comment


        • #5
          We should be out of Syria...Sheesh
          The state — whatever its particular forms — always expresses itself as a collective form of property ownership. All political systems are socialistic, in that they are premised upon the subservience of individual interests to collective authority. Communism, fascism, lesser forms of state socialism, and welfarism, are all premised upon the state’s usurpation of privately-owned property. Whether one chooses to be aligned with the political "Left," "Right," or "Middle," comes down to nothing more than a preference for a particular franchise of state socialism.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by drbrumley View Post
            We should be out of Syria...Sheesh
            Not this way.

            Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
              Not this way.
              Your hatred for the man knows no bounds....Nothing different then 6 months to a year ago when you said we dont need to be there...

              So basically he agrees and you trash him for it...

              TDS!!!!!
              The state — whatever its particular forms — always expresses itself as a collective form of property ownership. All political systems are socialistic, in that they are premised upon the subservience of individual interests to collective authority. Communism, fascism, lesser forms of state socialism, and welfarism, are all premised upon the state’s usurpation of privately-owned property. Whether one chooses to be aligned with the political "Left," "Right," or "Middle," comes down to nothing more than a preference for a particular franchise of state socialism.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by drbrumley View Post
                Your hatred for the man knows no bounds....
                Your blindness to his crimes knows no bounds.

                Nothing different then 6 months to a year ago when you said we dont need to be there...

                So basically he agrees and you trash him for it...

                TDS!!!!!
                No. Six months to a year ago I wasn't here. Whatever you remember, it was probably a conversation with rex about the complicated situation there, but I would not have called for Trump to abandon the Kurds after a phone call with Erdogan and blindsiding our intelligence and military commands. Prove I said it or quit confabulating like Trump.

                Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                Comment


                • #9
                  This subject makes me laugh. The socialists have been accusing Trump of being a war monger and screaming he's trying to start wars on a regular basis. Now that Trump is pulling out of war-torn areas they are screaming he shouldn't be getting out of wars. Talk about two-faced. They would claim Trump evil for curing cancer, eliminating poverty, fixing our debt crisis,and finding a way to get all racial communities to love each other. The deceit is just off the charts transparent.
                  “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
                  ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

                  “One and God make a majority.”
                  ― Frederick Douglass

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post
                    This subject makes me laugh. The socialists have been accusing Trump of being a war monger and screaming he's trying to start wars on a regular basis. Now that Trump is pulling out of war-torn areas they are screaming he shouldn't be getting out of wars. Talk about two-faced. They would claim Trump evil for curing cancer, eliminating poverty, fixing our debt crisis,and finding a way to get all racial communities to love each other. The deceit is just off the charts transparent.
                    Do you realize even Moscow Mitch condemned his action? So did a lot of others in the GOP, this seems to have caused a stir in their spineless stupor. But doesn't matter how many on the right condemn this, you're still gonna scream "the socialists!" There's no reasoning with you.

                    Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                      Do you realize even Moscow Mitch condemned his action? So did a lot of others in the GOP, this seems to have caused a stir in their spineless stupor. But doesn't matter how many on the right condemn this, you're still gonna scream "the socialists!" There's no reasoning with you.
                      Wow. You mean swamp creatures with fingers in the revenue streams coming from constant war are criticizing Trump for getting out of a war? Who'd a thunk it? Did you actually figure that out on your own? Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like it. You don't do much independent thinking. You've given that brain function over to the mockingbird media.

                      He's not Moscow Mitch. He's Chinaman McConnell. He sold out to the Chinese, not the Russians. Oh, I know you'd much rather blame the Russians but that doesn't fit the facts. Try doing some independent thought for a change instead of just regurgitating the talking points you're given every day.
                      “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
                      ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

                      “One and God make a majority.”
                      ― Frederick Douglass

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post
                        Wow. You mean swamp creatures with fingers in the revenue streams coming from constant war are criticizing Trump for getting out of a war? Who'd a thunk it? Did you actually figure that out on your own? Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like it. You don't do much independent thinking. You've given that brain function over to the mockingbird media.

                        He's not Moscow Mitch. He's Chinaman McConnell. He sold out to the Chinese, not the Russians. Oh, I know you'd much rather blame the Russians but that doesn't fit the facts. Try doing some independent thought for a change instead of just regurgitating the talking points you're given every day.

                        More wind emanating from the right-wing conspiracy wind tunnel...

                        Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by drbrumley View Post
                          We should be out of Syria...Sheesh
                          Well, either that or claim it as a colony and subjugate its citizens, rule them with an iron fist, etc

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                            Well, either that or claim it as a colony and subjugate its citizens, rule them with an iron fist, etc
                            You break it, you bought it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looks like the Dems are the war party now.
                              WARNING: Graphic video here.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X