Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
    More good news for America:

Sondland will defy State Department order not to testify in impeachment probe, lawyer says
    Three days after State Department officials, in a post-midnight phone call, ordered Gordon Sondland, a central player in the Ukraine controversy, not to testify in the House impeachment inquiry into President Trump, his lawyer said on Friday that he will appear before Congress next week.

The US ambassador to the European Union is reportedly planning to tell Congress that his infamous text message denying a quid pro quo with Ukraine was dictated by President Donald Trump himself — and possibly not truthful.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

An informal White House adviser on China is giving conflicting accounts to media organizations over whether China gave him information about former Vice President Joe Biden's son's activities in China, the same week that President Donald Trump urged the country to probe the Bidens.

First, the adviser, Michael Pillsbury, told The Financial Times he got "quite a bit of background on Hunter Biden from the Chinese."

"I tried to bring up the topic in Beijing," Pillsbury said. "I've never seen them get so secretive in my entire life. They would discuss ICBM warheads sooner than talk about what Hunter Biden was doing in China with Vice President Biden."

Hours later, Pillsbury changed his story, telling C-SPAN he hadn't spoken with FT in over a month.

But FT's Washington bureau chief released an email exchange between him and Pillsbury, in which Pillsbury wrote, "Actually, I got quite a bit of background on Hunter Biden from the Chinese."

Shortly after that, Pillsbury gave another account, telling The Washington Post, "Most everything I learned was already public or well known."

He went on to say he was told that Hunter Biden's firm received a certain sum of money from the Bank of China, but it was unclear how much, adding that the Chinese government is reluctant to talk about Biden.

"They really, really didn't want to talk about it," Pillsbury told The Post.

He also said that, while he spoke with the president before going on a trip to China last month, Trump did not ask him to talk to Chinese officials about the Bidens. "I haven't reported back to him," Pillsbury said.

Pillsbury said during an earlier interview on Fox Business that he had raised the issue of the Bidens with Chinese officials when he visited the country last week.

Pillsbury's disclosure came days after China sought to distance itself from Trump's requests to probe the Bidens.

"China has long pursued the principle of non-interference in the internal affairs of other countries," foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said on Tuesday.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-biden-2019-10

Comment

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff indicated Sunday that the whistleblower at the heart of Democrats’ impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump may not testify over concerns about that person’s safety.

Schiff’s remarks come after Trump has dramatically escalated his attacks on the whistleblower and repeatedly called for the official to be unmasked. Trump’s unrelenting barrage has spurred worries from Democrats that congressional Republicans may try to reveal that person’s identity — conceivably endangering his or her safety — at the behest of the president.

Schiff (D-Calif.) said the whistleblower’s testimony might not be needed given that a rough transcript of the call with Trump asking Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky for a “favor” — the centerpiece of the whistleblower’s complaint — is public. In addition, lawmakers have a collected a tranche of damning text messages and witness testimony related to the scandal in the last two weeks.

Comment

Anna,
          Please pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFrost View Post
            Anna,
            Please pm me.
            As a new member I don't think you can send or receive PMs until you've hit the requisite milestones. Have you been here before under a different name?

Comment

Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
              As a new member I don't think you can send or receive PMs until you've hit the requisite milestones. Have you been here before under a different name?
              Yes. It looks like I will have to post 25 times and at least 7 days before we can chat again. My account appears to be gone now. - ex-minister. So, I created a new account. I guess an admin can inform me.
              Hope all is well.

Comment

My account appears to be gone now. - ex-minister.
                http://theologyonline.com/member.php?13754-exminister

There's no "-" between "ex" and "minister."

Comment

Yes. It looks like I will have to post 25 times and at least 7 days before we can chat again. My account appears to be gone now. - ex-minister. So, I created a new account. I guess an admin can inform me.
                  Hope all is well.
                  exminister! How good to see you. I just checked and your old account seems fine, but if you're ready for a new name I like your new one too, and hope you're doing well yourself. And I hope you stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by User Name View Post
                    http://theologyonline.com/member.php?13754-exminister

There's no "-" between "ex" and "minister."
                    Oh... good catch. I went straight to the spelling I remembered.

Comment

• Peter BakerVerified account @peterbakernyt

Breaking: Bolton instructed aide to report Giuliani pressure campaign to White House lawyer. “I am not part of whatever drug deal Rudy and Mulvaney are cooking up,” Bolton said, according to testimony to House investigators.

Comment

• Fiona Hill, Trump's former top Russia adviser, testified for over ten hours today.

She told impeachment investigators on Monday that Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, ran a shadow foreign policy in Ukraine that circumvented U.S. officials and career diplomats in order to personally benefit President Trump, according to a person familiar with her testimony.

Comment

• Neal Katyal: "Supreme Court lawyer; law professor; extremist centrist. Former U.S. Acting Solicitor General"

Neal KatyalVerified account @neal_katyal
                          This is the textbook definition of an impeachable offense, and the White House Chief of Staff has just admitted it.

John HarwoodVerified account @JohnJHarwood
                          Mulvaney concedes that Trump’s desire to investigate “DNC server” was part of the reason Ukraine aide was held upreporter: so it was a quid pro quo…
                          10:27 AM - 17 Oct 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post
                            Show the evidence that Trump has taken any money from the Saudis. No, not just accusations/assertions, but actual evidence. Show the money trail and the quid pro quo. But, I know you won't as there has never been any evidence showing such a thing. Oh, the accusations and assertions abound, but evidence, actual evidence, has never been shown.
                            Trump talked tough about Saudi Arabia during the 2016 election:
                            Donald of Arabia

But after the election, Trump has acted like he is bought and paid for by Saudi Arabia. If you don't know that, you haven't been paying attention.

Comment

• Army Officer Who Heard Trump’s Ukraine Call Reported Concerns

The top Ukraine expert at the White House will tell impeachment investigators he twice reported concerns about President Trump’s pressure tactics on Ukraine, acting out of a “sense of duty.”

WASHINGTON -- A White House national security official who is a decorated Iraq war veteran plans to tell House impeachment investigators on Tuesday that he heard President Trump appeal to Ukraine's president to investigate one of his leading political rivals, a request the aide considered so damaging to American interests that he reported it to a superior.

Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman of the Army, the top Ukraine expert on the National Security Council, twice registered internal objections about how Mr. Trump and his inner circle were treating Ukraine, out of what he called a "sense of duty," he plans to tell the inquiry, according to a draft of his opening statement obtained by The New York Times.

He will be the first White House official to testify who listened in on the July 25 telephone call between Mr. Trump and President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine that is at the center of the impeachment inquiry, in which Mr. Trump asked Mr. Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                                Ok, so what is the crime he's been convicted of?

I mean, I'm all for impeachment, but hasn't the holdup on the part of the dems been a lack of criminal offenses?

Provable criminal offenses?

According to Lindsey Graham during the 1999 Clinton Impeachment, the President doesn't have to commit or be convicted of a "criminal offense" to impeached by Congress!

Comment

Working...
                                X