Another GOP Rep. Announces Retirement Ahead Of 2020 Election

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Rep. John Shimkus (R-IL) announced on Friday that he will not seek reelection in 2020, joining the ranks of several House Republicans retiring after this term.

“It has been the honor of my lifetime to be asked by the people of Illinois to represent them in our nation’s capitol. Each day I have tried to do this as best as I possibly could, and my success lies squarely at the feet of my incredible staff in Illinois and Washington, DC,” Shinkus said in a statement announcing his retirement. “I will leave the political field knowing that I have served honorably and, with the help of many, accomplished a lot for my constituents, our state, and our nation.”

Shimkus became the ninth House Republican to announce his retirement this year, and several more will likely follow after Labor Day.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/john-shimkus-retiring

Gary K

Banned
It looks like we are losing an honest politician. Looking at his net worth from 2004 when he entered congress until 2018 his assets have stayed within reason. In fact, his asset growth over the years has remained almost flat. He has not been dipping his fingers into the stream of graft flowing flowing through Washington DC. That is a rarity in Congress. It's too bad he's retiring as we need all the honest politicians we can get.