25% of Dutch people who died in 2017 were euthanized

Kit the Coyote

It's common knowledge that this sort of thing goes on all the time. People tend to wave their hands and use words — such as "palliative" — that do not describe the facts.

A choice you will never be presented with, unless it is from someone looking to manipulate you into taking a shortcut to hell.

A choice that I or people I love and trust will be making and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Truster

Not only is death in the hands of and subject to the Eternal Almighty. The means of death are also in His hand.

Truster

Well, that would include euthanasia then, right?

:plain:

Unless you define euthanasia as something other than death, right?

What the world calls suicide is truly a person who has been slain. No man's life is in his own hands with only one exception.

"No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it again. This commandment I received from My Father."

Arthur Brain

Unless you define euthanasia as something other than death, right?

What the world calls suicide is truly a person who has been slain. No man's life is in his own hands with only one exception.

"No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it again. This commandment I received from My Father."

Right, so to you, even if someone takes their own life it's been decreed already that that's the way they shall die beforehand? Tell me something Truster, have you ever been moved with compassion for anybody?

Truster

Right, so to you, even if someone takes their own life it's been decreed already that that's the way they shall die beforehand? Tell me something Truster, have you ever been moved with compassion for anybody?

The fact that you need to even mockingly ask the question means you are not equipped to comprehend the answer. You may be led unwillingly to that brink of death one day and then you'll feel His animating power at work.

Arthur Brain

The fact that you need to even mockingly ask the question means you are not equipped to comprehend the answer. You may be led unwillingly to that brink of death one day and then you'll feel His animating power at work.

It wasn't mockery, it was sincere. Can you answer the question now?

chair

An interesting subject. There is a difference between actively causing someone to die, and withholding treatment so that a person dies. A more extreme example than the ones that have been given here: A respirator. One can choose to not put someone on a respirator- or a person can choose that themselves in advance (if they sign a document to that effect- this is an option in some countries). That is very different than unplugging the respirator once someone's on it.

I suspect that choosing to let someone die happens fairly often in many countries, but it happens unofficially.

Arthur Brain

It was not sincere and lying about it does not cause it to stink less.

Yes, it was and falsely accusing someone of something they aren't doing only reflects back on you. If I meant to mock you or your argument I'd be obvious about it and would also freely admit to doing so.