• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrumpTrainCA
    replied
    Originally posted by ok doser View Post
    the point is this - congress has a role to play in enforcing our borders

congress does not and should not have a role to play in violating the second amendment

hence my comment about false equivalencies
    You are correct. Trump is not taking away any citizen's constitutional rights, but is the left tries to go after guns tats exactly what they will be doing.

Leave a comment:

• TrumpTrainCA
    replied
    Originally posted by Kit the Coyote View Post
    The people who wrote the Constitution are fools?
    No, the doofus Tom Rogan who wrote that article is a fool, and so is everybody who thinks Trump is wrong. The government prime task above all other s to provide for the defense and security of the people. Congress has pee'd that duty down the toilet and Trump is trying to save us.

My question is, why do you want rapists and murderers and drug traffickers crossing the border? You are okay with rapists and murderers and drug traffickers, but you are mad at Trump for trying to block them. That speaks volumes abut you.

In 2012, Obama declared a national emergency entitled, "Blocking Property of Persons Threatening the Peace, Security, or Stability of Yemen" in order to freeze the assets of anyone perceived to be negatively impacting a political transition in Yemen. In 2014 he issued a national emergency referred to as "Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine," which similarly locked the assets of those thought to be undermining democratic processes in Ukraine. So its okay to defend foreigners but not us?.

Trump has declared three national emergencies so far. One centers on creating penalties for individuals around the world who are involved in human rights abuses. Another penalizes individuals involved in perpetuating violence in Nicaragua. And another imposes sanctions on foreign entities who seek to interfere in American elections.

No peep from you.

Now you are screaming. Why? Because you are a lemming dancing to the fake news media's tune.

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    Which I am sure is all true and has absolutely nothing to do with the point which was Congress.
    the point is this - congress has a role to play in enforcing our borders

congress does not and should not have a role to play in violating the second amendment

hence my comment about false equivalencies

Leave a comment:

• Kit the Coyote
    replied
    surely you know that you can bump fire any semi auto rifle, right?

regardless of what kind of stock is on it

ya know, i'll bet i can design and build an external trigger accessory that does the same job while being able to actually aim the damn thing - the same concept is used in a surge barking system on trailers
    Which I am sure is all true and has absolutely nothing to do with the point which was Congress.

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    The subject was Congress being completely ineffective when people are literally being killed and the implication that this only occurs on the border issue. I think gun violence issues would apply to, the inability to address the issues of bump stocks would be a prime example.
    surely you know that you can bump fire any semi auto rifle, right?

regardless of what kind of stock is on it

ya know, i'll bet i can design and build an external trigger accessory that does the same job while being able to actually aim the damn thing - the same concept is used in a surge braking system on trailers

Leave a comment:

• Kit the Coyote
    replied
    Originally posted by TrumpTrainCA View Post
    Trump is not wrong. Those people are fools.
    The people who wrote the Constitution are fools?

Leave a comment:

• TrumpTrainCA
    replied
    Why, in 100 words, Trump is wrong to declare a national emergency
    Trump is not wrong. Those people are fools.

Leave a comment:

• Kit the Coyote
    replied
    it appeared that your point was to draw a false equivalency between two unconnected controversies
    The subject was Congress being completely ineffective when people are literally being killed and the implication that this only occurs on the border issue. I think gun violence issues would apply to, the inability to address the issues of bump stocks would be a prime example.

Leave a comment:

• TrumpTrainCA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    I would agree. But that was not the point.
    it appeared that your point was to draw a false equivalency between two unconnected controversies

Leave a comment:

• Town Heretic
    replied
    Guns are not violent.
    Guns are created for violence. It is their purpose.

People are violent.
    And especially effective at expressing that when in the possession of guns.

I have a constitutional right to own a gun.
    Absolutely. The question regarding guns boils down to what sort of guns can we afford to allow in the stream of commerce given the technological advancements since the Founders created the right. Certainly, the simplest single or double barrel weapon we manufacture today is much more lethal than the guns the Founders believed sufficient for the task of preserving it.

Illegal Aliens have no right to sneak into the country.
    Agreed. We have legal standards and ways to become a citizen.

There are billions of gun regulations on the books already...
    No, we don't and the question regards the efficacy of the ones we do, along with a reasonable proposal that particular laws could be and should be implemented that would necessarily improve the safety of citizens without denying them the right to own a weapon.

Leave a comment:

• Kit the Coyote
    replied
    most of them are retarded and believe that by removing guns from the hands of law-abiding citizens, criminals will voluntarily comply as well
    I would agree. But that was not the point.

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied

that should include "rapists"

Leave a comment:

• Kit the Coyote
    replied
    Guns are not violent. People are violent.

I have a constitutional right to own a gun.
    Illegal Aliens have no right to sneak into the country.

There are billions of gun regulations on the books already... ...too many. Your post is false.
    Since none of this has to do directly with my point, so is yours.

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    Advocates to stop gun violence would disagree with you.
    most of them are retarded and believe that by removing guns from the hands of law-abiding citizens, criminals will voluntarily comply as well

Leave a comment:

Working...
X