X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WizardofOz
    replied
    Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
    That's the rub, you see. Congress won't give Trump money for his vanity wall. .
    Sure they will. Trump just wants more than they're willing to offer. The sky is the limit on how expensive this will end up being. Then comes the upkeep.

Spend, spend, spend!!!!

Leave a comment:

• drbrumley
    replied
    Originally posted by WizardofOz View Post

I'll also note that you didn't actually answer the question. If Trump says he needs $100 billion dollars, you'll still support that? $200 million? When is enough, enough?
    That's what happens when one thinks politics in Washington is a game show...

Leave a comment:

• The Barbarian
    replied
    Originally posted by TrumpTrainCA View Post
    Not if they do it for the right reason, but they never will.
    That's the rub, you see. Congress won't give Trump money for his vanity wall. Americans are against it. So he wants to just do it by decree.

Why would you suppose a democrat would care more than a republican, what you think is right? Just remember, we told you so.

Leave a comment:

• WizardofOz
    replied
    Originally posted by drbrumley View Post
    But that's different....
    That's what Trump nutters don't seem to understand. When the next Democrat president is in office, they'll be crying foul over their "emergency" plans getting massive funding.

Congress controls the purse. Go though them. I don't care what party controls the White House. This only ends up badly for us all in the long run...

Leave a comment:

• drbrumley
    replied
    If the president was a Democrat, you'd say the same thing, right?
    But that's different....

Leave a comment:

• WizardofOz
    replied
    Originally posted by TrumpTrainCA View Post
    However much the Executive Branch says it is.
    Can I quote you on that? If the president was a Democrat, you'd say the same thing, right?

Trumpers are so terribly short-sighted...just like the Democrats were when Obama was in office.

I'll also note that you didn't actually answer the question. If Trump says he needs $100 billion dollars, you'll still support that? $200 million? When is enough, enough?

Leave a comment:

• TrumpTrainCA
    replied
    If $8 billion isn't enough, how much is?
    However much the Executive Branch says it is.

Leave a comment:

• TrumpTrainCA
    replied
    yep, TrumpTrainCA will be the first to start whining when a democratic despot starts doing it....
    Not if they do it for the right reason, but they never will.

Leave a comment:

• WizardofOz
    replied
    Originally posted by Kit the Coyote View Post
    Democrats with some Republicans passed a bill on Jan 3rd that included the following:

• More than $1.3 billion for new fencing in the Rio Grande Valley and funding to replace secondary fencing in San Diego and other existing pedestrian fencing.
    • $366.5 million for border security technology.
    • $7.7 million to hire 328 additional U.S. Customs and Border Protection customs officers.
    • $224.6 million for "non-intrusive Inspection equipment" at ports of entry.
    • $7.08 billion for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Over $8 billion dollars to improve border security.
    If $8 billion isn't enough, how much is?

Leave a comment:

• drbrumley
    replied
    The two party system is playing everyone who gets wrapped up in this partisan tribalism.
    Indeed!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• WizardofOz
    replied
    I've seen it over and over again, one side decrying the other's expansion of power but you NEVER see them giving up that power once they become the party in power.
    The two party system is playing everyone who gets wrapped up in this partisan tribalism.

Leave a comment:

• Kit the Coyote
    replied
    Nope, not ever....

Power corrupts,

absolute power corrupts absolutely...
    Much as I know it is not going to happen, this is the reason Congress needs to respond to this now with a veto-proof majority to override the declaration and update the Emergency Powers Act to include a required approval from Congress.

Leave a comment:

• drbrumley
    replied
    I've seen it over and over again, one side decrying the other's expansion of power but you NEVER see them giving up that power once they become the party in power.
    Nope, not ever....

Power corrupts,

absolute power corrupts absolutely...

Leave a comment:

• Kit the Coyote
    replied
    Yup. And democrats are already talking about using this "emergency" power to ram gun control or climate change legislation down our throats. Republicans cheers now while Democrats whine but the tables will be turned with the next democrat president. And it all causes the government to be more authoritative over us. It's a good cop/bad cop routine and these partisan hacks are too short sighted to see it unfold right before their eyes.

Leave a comment:

• drbrumley
    replied
    Im no Coulter fan, but she laid into him...

Ann Coulter: ‘The Only National Emergency
    February 16, 2019

Is That Our President Is An Idiot.’

Leave a comment:

Working...
X