McConnell is pulling a Trump, God bless him

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
McConnell is pulling a Trump, exposing the Green New Deal in the Senate. Rush nailed it on his broadcast. He explained that this stupid deal was probably supposed to be Cortez's big splash as her first legislative attempt, and that McConnell decides to do something about that. This excerpt continues from there:

".......So I think it was supposed to get a big splash and her first legislative proposal would then disappear. But The Turtle, realizing what he had here, said (laughing), “Oh, we’re not gonna let this disappear. We’re gonna call a vote on this! We’re gonna make people stand up and go ‘yes’ or ‘no’ on this.” That caused Ed Markey, who is the Democrat sponsor of the bill to say, “Don’t let…” He tweeted, “Don’t let Mitch McConnell fool you: this is nothing but an attempt to sabotage the movement we are building.

“He wants to silence your voice so Republicans don’t have to explain why they are climate change deniers. McConnell wants this to be the end…” So if I’m to understand Markey, The Turtle is sabotaging the Green New Deal by holding a vote on it? Stop and think of that. By publicizing it and calling for a vote on it, Ed Markey says that McConnell is sabotaging it. It’s classic! You know, Trump was elected because he didn’t pretend to respect Democrat phonies. Now McConnell, I think, is getting in on the act a little.

McConnell is pulling a Trump here. This is very Trumpian what The Turtle did. He’s shoving the Green New Deal right down Democrats’ throats, and he’s got the Democrat sponsor claiming that calling a vote on it and publicizing it and letting people vote “yes” or “no” on it is sabotaging it? The Turtle said, “I’ve noted with great interest the Green New Deal, and we’re going to be voting on that in the Senate. I’ll give everybody an opportunity to go on record and see how they feel about the Green New Deal.”

So now voting on something that Ocasio-Cortez has made her career on is a stunt? This couldn’t have worked out any better. They’re all claiming that McConnell is sabotaging it by publicizing it, sabotaging by calling a vote on it. Calling a vote on it is a stunt. I mean, the Democrats can give lengthy tributes on the floor of the Senate and they go on television and they can crazily advocate for the elimination of a combustion engine within 10 years, they can do all, but let somebody call attention to it other than them, and they freak out
........"

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/02/13/the-turtle-tweaks-the-left-with-green-new-deal-vote/

APP-600-020719-AOC-Green-Deal.jpg