MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: What Would You Do To Balance The Federal Budget

drbrumley

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: If You Had All Power & Authority, What Would You Do To Balance The Federal Budget & Get America Out Of Debt?
By Bill Sardi
February 7, 2019

I’m going to put you at the “steering wheel” of the U.S economy. You will have opportunity to fix the financial mess the U.S. economy is in.

Imagine for a moment you are the US Secretary of the Treasury or some all- powerful overseer of US federal government taxation and spending.

Which problem should you fix first: (a) national debt; (b) unemployment; (c) taxation; (d) expansion of government benefits to equalize income; (e) provide equal access to medical care for everybody?

Aimiel

Well, our President has hit the mark and more on b) unemployment and c) taxation; but you have to give it to him for also de-regulating many business which were crippled and for making the USA the world's largest oil and natural gas supplier. I'd not have done half the good he's already done which is ground-breaking and has been sorely needed for decades. We're on our way to a New Deal without spending our taxes on it simply because he's such a shrewd business-man. It's going to mean prosperity for this country far better than we're already experiencing and what we have right now is on a scale that's unprecedented. The North and South of Korea meeting and taking down borders is history right in front of our eyes. Our economy is in trouble only because the Fed (privately owned) is in charge of printing money. Thomas Jefferson warned us:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies," Jefferson wrote. " If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

We're becoming more and more enslaved to corporations every day. Wal*Mart, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft and Xfinity, just to name a few. Many of us work for a corporation and can see the HUGE flaws built into such conglomerates but can't do anything about it. Special interests have run our country far too long now and we're seeing the results. Companies are out-of-touch with their employees on every level and it's just the opposite of what it should be. Yes, capitalism works but we need checks and balances that reach the corporations' disparaging working conditions that no amount of union organization can touch. Too many workers are being taken advantage of in too many ways by too many HUGE companies. I would outlaw special interest groups altogether and ask each and every city council to elect a representative to go to their state capital's congress and senate with local concerns and those representatives would also be required to visit as many local city council / village government meetings as they can to get more input from US citizens rather than corporation owned lobbyists.