Such were some of you. Hot button topic being homosexuality.

Arthur Brain

If you don't quote my post, I won't know when you're responding to my post or someone else's.

Me: *quotes Jesus saying that if a man lusts he has committed adultery in his heart*

CC: "You're wrong!"

:think:

Hey, CC, maybe you shouldn't be saying that Jesus, the God of the Universe, is wrong when He says that if someone lusts after someone he has committed adultery in his heart, which means that it's not ok to be gay.

Repeating your argument does not invalidate my response. Please respond to my argument against yours with an appropriate response.

VS:

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. - Matthew 5:27-30 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew5:27-30&version=NKJV

Sorry, Crusader, Jesus' words trump your beliefs.

:AMR:

Hang on. Are you saying that if a chaste homosexual sees another person of the same sex they find attractive then that in of itself is a sin?

Arthur Brain

If you're not having sex with boys, you're not a homo. :idunno:

If you're not drinking to excess, you're not an alcoholic.

:idunno: certainly sums you up in many ways. For starters, a homosexual is one who is attracted to their own gender and not the loaded paedophilia associations you imply. They wouldn't have to have sex at all in order to be gay, man or woman.

An alcoholic can abstain from alcohol and still be an alcoholic because of the addiction should they let that abstinence slip.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Yes, it is natural to be attracted to a hot babe. Let's keep it real.

Yes, if you just sit there and continue to drool for ten minutes without pulling yourself away, then that too is a sin. Let's use a little common sense here.

But if you see a hot babe, feel that temptation, then pull yourself away, then you have not sinned. Likewise, if a homosexual is attracted to another man, then pulls himself away and remembers his Life in Christ, then he has not sinned.

If an alcoholic feels like drinking, then calls his sponsor right away and talks and gets past it, then he is a brave man and he has not sinned.

Come on guys, this is not rocket science.
There is getting better than where you are at now and not having an issue with anything anymore. So I would say that freedom from sin and temptation is better than bondage to them.

I am not talking about engaging temptation. I am not talking about being attracted visually. I am talking about the word natural because it drives home the point that homosexuality is not natural. You may still be tempted heterosexually or as a heterosexual. Or just a man attracted to a woman. But you may need help from God with it. In a way it is not natural to be tempted, but in a way it is. Is it natural to sin? Sin and temptation.

Okay. I think I get what you are saying now. Thanks for clarifying.

I guess my answer is, temptation to sin is temptation to sin, and I don't thing that the "naturalness" or "unnaturalness" of the sin we are attracted to matters. Perhaps I could compare a crack addict to a homosexual. Crack is certainly an unnatural synthetic substance, and it is unnatural to poison oneself, so you could put that in the same category of the homosexual being attracted to something unnatural I suppose.

But I think the bottom line is, we cannot be condemned simply for "being" something. That would be somewhat akin to Calvinism where you are born saved or condemned without having any say in the matter. We have to actually DO something in order to sin and be condemned.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Okay. I think I get what you are saying now. Thanks for clarifying.

I guess my answer is, temptation to sin is temptation to sin, and I don't thing that the "naturalness" or "unnaturalness" of the sin we are attracted to matters. Perhaps I could compare a crack addict to a homosexual. Crack is certainly an unnatural synthetic substance, and it is unnatural to poison oneself, so you could put that in the same category of the homosexual being attracted to something unnatural I suppose.

But I think the bottom line is, we cannot be condemned simply for "being" something. That would be somewhat akin to Calvinism where you are born saved or condemned without having any say in the matter. We have to actually DO something in order to sin and be condemned.
One thing that a person can do is think, but that is not an outward activity or behavior. It is important to be careful here so that no one is wanting to hurt themselves because of what they think.