Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Children Be Executed If They've...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post

    Because you say so?

    Because the evidence says otherwise:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_killers
    Where does it say that any of them committed premeditated murder? A child is capable of killing, just as much as a venomous snake is. Neither are culpable of murder and as your feeble defence of a link stipulates, they weren't charged with such.

    What does that even mean, "not developed enough to understand their actions in the same way as an adult"?
    Seriously, do you need a 'join the dots' book or something? Is a five year old as physiologically developed as an adult? Is a baby capable of making moral decisions outside of crying to be fed or for having its nappy changed? Do the math here JR.

    Oh they're not?

    Please point out to me where in these passages I've quoted that it makes any distinction between laws for children and laws for adults.

    You won't find any.
    Oh, maybe they're meant for three year old's and zygotes as well? This is as lame as anything. It's downright obvious they're addressed to an adult audience and not children and certainly not ones six and under.

    Divine fallacy.
    Naive and pompous posturing.

    Emotional appeal aside...

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_killers

    Were any of those children innocent?
    Of murder? Yes. Even your own link doesn't support that.

    Do you know what the term "Avenger of Blood" means, Arty?
    It sure doesn't involve stabbing six year old children to death.

    More emotional appeal.

    If God says to put the murderer to death,
    Six year old children aren't murderers, they're children. All you seem to have is this constant and feeble "emotional appeal" as if having an emotive reaction to the repulsive is something wrong in itself. Was Jesus being emotional when He was moved with compassion when witnessing the suffering of people? So, ya know what, you're damned right I have emotions where it comes to the suggestion that there's something "righteous" about putting kids to death and stabbing six year olds. It's downright evil beyond words. There is no way you can provide any Biblical support for such an abomination.

    I quoted scripture, you have not quoted any.

    And you call what I say evil?

    Hypocrite. You don't even know what evil is anymore.
    Anyone who advocates children as young as six being stabbed to death as "execution" is in no position to lecture anyone about evil or hypocrisy.

    Evil is profaning God by killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live.

    God says DO NOT kill the innocent.
    God says DO NOT spare the guilty.

    Violating EITHER of those commands is evil.
    See above.



    God commanded:

    Your eye shall not pity him, but you shall put away the guilt of innocent blood from Israel, that it may go well with you. . . . Your eye shall not pity: life shall be for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. - Deuteronomy 19:13,21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV

    So yes, if the child had committed a capital crime, God not only endorses, but commands that they be put to death.



    More emotional appeal.

    Ignoring the scriptures which have been set before you is like covering your ears and yelling "blablablablablabla I can't hear you!"

    It doesn't change the fact that you're wrong.
    Even the majority on the far religious right would balk at any suggestion of stabbing six year old children to death JR. You are out there and then some. You do not speak for God by any stretch.
    Last edited by Arthur Brain; June 28th, 2020, 04:01 PM.
    Well this is fun isn't it?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post

      The Avenger of Blood.
      No. The only type of person who could plunge a knife into a six year old child until they died would be a piece of absolute human scum.

      Hey, call that emotive or whatever.
      Well this is fun isn't it?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post

        No. The only type of person who could plunge a knife into a six year old child until they died would be a piece of absolute human scum.

        Hey, call that emotive or whatever.
        ****rollseyes**** So, to take a child in the birth canal and cut it to pieces it is a good thing, but to execute a child for moral evil is evil. By the way, in Biblical times they stoned people to death. They didn't stab them to death.

        That doesn't mean I advocate the death penalty for six year olds. But i cannot agree with you that children by the time they are 5 or 6 years old cannot understand the difference between right and wrong.. I was getting whipped at that age for standing up for what was moral, what was right and what was wrong. So don't tell me kids can't understand morality at that age.

        Many little kids go through the same things I did. I have a step grandchild who is doing that now with her mother--her mother has lost her ever loving mind and is acting in morally evil ways. Her little girl understands that and will stop playing and go to an adult and ask them to pray with her for her mother. She's come to these conclusions on her own as she lives with her grandparents and her grandparents are not Christians, and don't pretend to be. She is 5 years old. No, she doesn't have a developed moral philosophy, but she knows what is right and what is wrong. To conflate the lack of a moral philosophy and understanding the difference between right and wrong when it happens is a big time logical fallacy.

        By the way, that little girl understands the difference between right and wrong far better than you do. If you asked her if it was ok to kill a baby who was being born she would say no. It's bad. Really bad. But even a lot of adults lack the ability to differentiate between right and wrong.
        “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
        ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

        “One and God make a majority.”
        ― Frederick Douglass

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post

          ****rollseyes**** So, to take a child in the birth canal and cut it to pieces it is a good thing, but to execute a child for moral evil is evil. By the way, in Biblical times they stoned people to death. They didn't stab them to death.

          That doesn't mean I advocate the death penalty for six year olds. But i cannot agree with you that children by the time they are 5 or 6 years old cannot understand the difference between right and wrong.. I was getting whipped at that age for standing up for what was moral, what was right and what was wrong. So don't tell me kids can't understand morality at that age.

          Many little kids go through the same things I did. I have a step grandchild who is doing that now with her mother--her mother has lost her ever loving mind and is acting in morally evil ways. Her little girl understands that and will stop playing and go to an adult and ask them to pray with her for her mother. She's come to these conclusions on her own as she lives with her grandparents and her grandparents are not Christians, and don't pretend to be. She is 5 years old. No, she doesn't have a developed moral philosophy, but she knows what is right and what is wrong. To conflate the lack of a moral philosophy and understanding the difference between right and wrong when it happens is a big time logical fallacy.

          By the way, that little girl understands the difference between right and wrong far better than you do. If you asked her if it was ok to kill a baby who was being born she would say no. It's bad. Really bad. But even a lot of adults lack the ability to differentiate between right and wrong.
          Hmm, for starters, nobody was endorsing that cutting a child to bits in a birth canal was a "good thing" here so thanks for that bit of predictable irrelevance...Oh, and stoning or stabbing a six year old to death? Abhorrent either way.

          If you think that a six year old child has the same mental acuity as an adult then you are bonkers. You're in no position to talk about people knowing right from wrong although at least you're not despicable enough to support the likes of which some advocate on here.
          Well this is fun isn't it?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post

            Hmm, for starters, nobody was endorsing that cutting a child to bits in a birth canal was a "good thing" here so thanks for that bit of predictable irrelevance...Oh, and stoning or stabbing a six year old to death? Abhorrent either way.

            If you think that a six year old child has the same mental acuity as an adult then you are bonkers. You're in no position to talk about people knowing right from wrong although at least you're not despicable enough to support the likes of which some advocate on here.
            If I misunderstand your position on abortion it's because I have never read a clearly worded definitive position from you. Plus, you support the political side of the aisle that pushes abortion at all times and in all circumstances. Your support those politicians is to me the same as supporting abortion.

            I don't know where this idea of the death penalty for children comes from as it's a fallacy to say that God has laid down any such rule. I find nothing in the Bible to support such a thing. The closest to something like that is Leviticus 20:9 where God says anyone who curses their parents is to be stoned. But that is set in the middle of a passage that is addressing adult behaviors so to use it to apply to children is ignoring the entire context of the surrounding versest.

            The Jews have a tradition that a child doesn't reach the age of accountability until age 12. Until that time their parents are held responsible for the actions of their children for until that time the parents stand as God to their children. After that age the child is responsible for whatever he does. That's the general idea behind the Bar Mitzvah.

            And talk about misrepresentation, I never said a child has a fully developed moral code. I said they can, and do, understand the difference between right and wrong. That is a long way from having a fully developed moral code. But kids do have a good understanding of right and wrong. They know when they are wronged and other people are wronged. I've seen little kids stand up and fight one parent when that one wrongs their other parent. They recognize injustice when they see it or have a situation explained to them in language they can understand. And I've also seen adults who have almost zero recognition of right and wrong.
            “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
            ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

            “One and God make a majority.”
            ― Frederick Douglass

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post

              God says otherwise.

              God trumps eider, despite eider's pride.
              I have very little pride, and I don't mind admitting that I needed help with this thread in mind.
              And I received help..... and this was the answer that I listened to.....

              God has banned any person from carrying out any execution by any means.
              Jesus has made this law...... there are no exceptions.
              Jesus said it and wrote it in the dust, and it is written in the bible:-

              John {8:7} So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. {8:8} And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

              Or did you think you are free of sin?
              God trumps JudgeRightly?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post

                Hmm, for starters, nobody was endorsing that cutting a child to bits in a birth canal was a "good thing" here so thanks for that bit of predictable irrelevance...Oh, and stoning or stabbing a six year old to death? Abhorrent either way.

                If you think that a six year old child has the same mental acuity as an adult then you are bonkers. You're in no position to talk about people knowing right from wrong although at least you're not despicable enough to support the likes of which some advocate on here.
                Hi Arthur...... you sent the above to another...... I just clicked on it....

                I think that all Christians are banned from actually carrying out any execution upon any body. Jesus made that abundantly clear.......... unless, of course, they could find an executioner who is free of sin. Any and every applicant would automatically disqualify themselves simply by applying.

                From a secular point of view I think we got it right when we ended all executions..... we just kept on killing innocents and those who had been beyond reason.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                  It wouldn't be an execution so no and the abortion issue is one that needs sober discussion, not sound bites or triviality.
                  Of course murdering a baby in utero (what you try (in utter futility) to palliate by your use of the word, "abortion", and by your spurning of accurate words like "murder" and "execution") is an execution of that baby. Why do you imagine that it would not be an execution? By all means, let's hear your special pleading for your denial.

                  "the abortion issue...needs sober discussion"

                  LOL

                  The baby murder issue needs "sober discussion" in order for what to occur? Before you and your fellow Nazi leftard baby-murder advocates and empowerers decide to cease and desist from advocating, and empowering, the murder of babies?

                  Here's the catch: Anything that is in opposition to your Nazi leftard worldview--to your Nazi leftard advocacy of the murder of babies in utero--is what (Surprise! Surprise!) happens to fall in with your classification of "sound bites", of "triviality", of "not sober discussion", because it is in opposition to your Nazi leftard view. If you really thought that the baby murder issue needs to be discussed more, and more, and more, indefinitely on into the future, you would advocate that the practice of baby murder you call "abortion" come to a universal, screeching halt until only after you feel it has been discussed as much, and as "soberly", as you feel it ever could be discussed.

                  Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post

                  What your idea of a "leftist" is is anyone's guess but when you call people like me "Nazi Leftards" it only shows a complete ignorance. I despise what the Nazis stood for and did, from their totalitarian regime inflicted on people to the butchery of people from race to creed to orientation and belief including people who were on the "left".
                  LOL

                  You cherish, and desire to see continue, the murder of babies in utero--you obviously do not despise the butchery of people.


                  Last edited by 7djengo7; June 29th, 2020, 03:22 PM.
                  What evidence do you have to support your claim that what you call "evidence" is evidence?

                  MAGA (Masking America's Gullible Apes)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                    If you think that a six year old child has the same mental acuity as an adult then you are bonkers. You're in no position to talk about people knowing right from wrong although at least you're not despicable enough to support the likes of which some advocate on here.
                    But it's right and good to kill an in utero child, for the same reason it is wrong and bad to kill the six years old child, eh? That is, because his/her mental acuity is not the same as that of an adult.

                    Since, in your view, the less-than-adult mental acuity of the six years old child should debar the six years old child from being put to death, then how is it that the less-than-six-years-old mental acuity of the in utero child should not debar the in utero child from being put to death?


                    What evidence do you have to support your claim that what you call "evidence" is evidence?

                    MAGA (Masking America's Gullible Apes)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post

                      Of course murdering a baby in utero (what you try (in utter futility) to palliate by your use of the word, "abortion", and by your spurning of accurate words like "murder" and "execution") is an execution of that baby. Why do you imagine that it would not be an execution? By all means, let's hear your special pleading for your denial.

                      "the abortion issue...needs sober discussion"

                      LOL

                      The baby murder issue needs "sober discussion" in order for what to occur? Before you and your fellow Nazi leftard baby-murder advocates and empowerers decide to cease and desist from advocating, and empowering, the murder of babies?

                      Here's the catch: Anything that is in opposition to your Nazi leftard worldview--to your Nazi leftard advocacy of the murder of babies in utero--is what (Surprise! Surprise!) happens to fall in with your classification of "sound bites", of "triviality", of "not sober discussion", because it is in opposition to your Nazi leftard view. If you really thought that the baby murder issue needs to be discussed more, and more, and more, indefinitely on into the future, you would advocate that the practice of baby murder you call "abortion" come to a universal, screeching halt until only after you feel it has been discussed as much, and as "soberly", as you feel it ever could be discussed.



                      LOL

                      You cherish, and desire to see continue, the murder of babies in utero--you obviously do not despise the butchery of people.

                      No, I don't and you simply aren't worth talking with. Go pester elsewhere.
                      Well this is fun isn't it?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post

                        No, I don't and you simply aren't worth talking with. Go pester elsewhere.
                        If you don't cherish, and desire to see continue, the murder of babies in utero, then why do you go out of your way to palliate it by denying that it is murder, and by denying that it is execution?
                        What evidence do you have to support your claim that what you call "evidence" is evidence?

                        MAGA (Masking America's Gullible Apes)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post

                          If you don't cherish, and desire to see continue, the murder of babies in utero, then why do you go out of your way to palliate it by denying that it is murder, and by denying that it is execution?
                          Well, I don't go "out of my way" to do anything of the sort as it is so take your gormless garbage and shove it in a skip somewhere.
                          Well this is fun isn't it?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post

                            If you don't cherish, and desire to see continue, the murder of babies in utero, then why do you go out of your way to palliate it by denying that it is murder, and by denying that it is execution?
                            Do you accept that Jesus has banned executions?
                            He said quite clearly, and write it in the dust that only a 'person without sin' could execute someone...... so nobody can do such a thing.

                            Yes?
                            No?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by eider View Post

                              Do you accept that Jesus has banned executions?
                              He said quite clearly, and write it in the dust that only a 'person without sin' could execute someone...... so nobody can do such a thing.

                              Yes?
                              No?



                              satan

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by eider View Post
                                Where?
                                Are you blind? or just stupid?

                                Go read post #358 again.

                                Please leave the Old Testament out of this
                                This is called special pleading.

                                It's a logical fallacy for a reason.

                                unless you want to discuss keeping all of its laws (less ceremonial/sacrificial).


                                We've had that discussion before, and it ended up with you refusing to list the laws you think should be brought up when discussing moral laws for today's governments.

                                In any case, the topic is murder, not the entirety of the law. If you want to talk about the rest of the law in addition to the punishment for murder, start another thread, and stop trying to derail this one.

                                Where?
                                Ezekiel 13:19

                                Eider is not proud.
                                Yes, you are.

                                This is why:

                                Eider just believes that the death penalty is wrong.
                                God says the just punishment for murderers is the death penalty.

                                Eider says the death penalty is wrong.

                                You place yourself above God. It's idolatry, and pride.

                                It makes too many mistakes.
                                Define "too many mistakes."

                                Because the way I see it, and what God says in the Bible, is that when you DON'T have a properly enforced death penalty, you end up with a higher murder rate. In other words, you end up with MORE people dead with no death penalty than you would if you had the death penalty.

                                Are you?
                                No.

                                There may be some cases where a released murderer has killed again, or killed in prison.
                                Not just "may be." There are PLENTY of cases where such is the case.

                                And do you know how many of them would have been prevented had the convicted murderer been executed shortly after sentencing?

                                ALL OF THEM.

                                In fact, had just the first murderer been put to death, MOST IF NOT ALL of the following murders would never have happened.

                                maybe we should focus more carefully upon their supervision.
                                Because we don't already?

                                I've said it before (perhaps in another thread), and I'll say it again:

                                Locking criminals up in cages like they're animals is (by definition) NOT humane, and is unjust to both the criminals AND the victims, because it violates God's (who is just) commands to punish crimes accordingly.

                                God authorized three forms of punishment that are just, restitution, corporal punishment, and the death penalty, and those three swiftly and painfully executed upon the wicked will, guaranteed, keep the level of crime at almost zero.

                                Like anybody.

                                And to suggest that I'm proud because I disagree with the death penalty, especially for minors, is strange.
                                You're proud because you place yourself above God, who commanded that murderers be put to death.

                                Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! - Isaiah 5:20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...0&version=NKJV

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X