Should Children Be Executed If They've...

eider

Greetings sir, hope you're well?

:e4e:

Good health, thank you! :)

I've focused upon bible verses for this thread, but your point (below) about the age of criminal responsibility is very strong, although I suspect that some very very fanatical Christian sects might believe that to execute the child as well as the adult is right. *shivers*

Authur Brain: 'Currently (and rightfully) the law recognizes that an adult having sex with a 10 year old is guilty of child rape as a 10 year old is deemed incapable of giving informed consent at such an age. Do you agree? Or, to be consistent with your own position, is the child an equally guilty party?'

Arthur Brain

Good health, thank you! :)

I've focused upon bible verses for this thread, but your point (below) about the age of criminal responsibility is very strong, although I suspect that some very very fanatical Christian sects might believe that to execute the child as well as the adult is right. *shivers*

Authur Brain: 'Currently (and rightfully) the law recognizes that an adult having sex with a 10 year old is guilty of child rape as a 10 year old is deemed incapable of giving informed consent at such an age. Do you agree? Or, to be consistent with your own position, is the child an equally guilty party?'

Good to hear. :)

It could only be far right fanatical sects that could entertain such although it's only far right fanatics that could entertain the appalling prospect of executing five year old children as well. If anyone supports the latter then they have to judge a ten year old child as being capable of giving consent where it comes to sex. To argue otherwise would be a complete double standard. If a five year old can be deemed to be guilty of murder and executed for it then a ten year old has to be deemed guilty where it comes to having sex because they're obviously sufficiently, psychologically developed enough to "know what they were doing".

Okay, in non whackoville world it's absolute bunk as they're children who aren't developed enough to be held to the same standards as fully developed adults. It's especially ironic considering how many times the slippery slope fallacy where a tolerance for homosexuality would open the floodgates for paedophilia has been aired on here. Obviously the adult is guilty of child rape and the child is a victim in such a scenario but anyone who argues that five year olds deserve to be stabbed to death and holds their guilt to the same standard as an adult has to judge the ten year old as being culpable of willing sexual activity as well. That is, if they want to be consistent.

eider

Good to hear. :)

It could only be far right fanatical sects that could entertain such although it's only far right fanatics that could entertain the appalling prospect of executing five year old children as well. If anyone supports the latter then they have to judge a ten year old child as being capable of giving consent where it comes to sex. To argue otherwise would be a complete double standard. If a five year old can be deemed to be guilty of murder and executed for it then a ten year old has to be deemed guilty where it comes to having sex because they're obviously sufficiently, psychologically developed enough to "know what they were doing".

Okay, in non whackoville world it's absolute bunk as they're children who aren't developed enough to be held to the same standards as fully developed adults. It's especially ironic considering how many times the slippery slope fallacy where a tolerance for homosexuality would open the floodgates for paedophilia has been aired on here. Obviously the adult is guilty of child rape and the child is a victim in such a scenario but anyone who argues that five year olds deserve to be stabbed to death and holds their guilt to the same standard as an adult has to judge the ten year old as being culpable of willing sexual activity as well. That is, if they want to be consistent.

.... Morning! :)
And 'Yes' to all of your post.
Question: Do you know what the OT or NT sentence for Bigamy is?
I realise that this thread is about convicted children but at least it is a law thread.

I don't think we should be executing anybody. But I do think that prisoners should carry out work for better conditions etc. A fisherman that I knew was jailed in France (Longnesse prison) for five years for drug smuggling. He got basic food only, but by working he got better grub and eventually had a TV, radio and more comfort in his life...... French prison changed him, but as he was old when released (He was in his 70's when taken, off the Sangatte) he died soon after returning to England. ....(.......irrelevant tale number 332 !)

eider

Judge Rightly

I've actually finally managed to get onto my profile to see what I was given an infraction for. Would you kindly explain where the profanity or implied profanity is in the following?

https://theologyonline.com/forum/po...-be-executed-if-they-ve?p=2755336#post2755336

"Well, I don't go "out of my way" to do anything of the sort as it is so take your gormless garbage and shove it in a skip somewhere."

:AMR:

I gave tried to access your profile in the past......... It seemed as if you didn't have one!
Everybody else has got one.

I am more polite than you, (Heh-heh! Warm do-goody two-shoes righteous feeling, right there! :D) but that doesn't always help. I have been warned for calling somebody 'sweetie' on here. So if I used any one of two lines of insults recently sent to me by a 'safe' member I would be gone, methinks. :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I gave tried to access your profile in the past......... It seemed as if you didn't have one!
Everybody else has got one.

I am more polite than you, (Heh-heh! Warm do-goody two-shoes righteous feeling, right there! :D) but that doesn't always help. I have been warned for calling somebody 'sweetie' on here. So if I used any one of two lines of insults recently sent to me by a 'safe' member I would be gone, methinks. :)

The only successful way for responding to trolls on TOL is to not bother. They are simply not worthy of my time or effort.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
The guy who calls people "Nazi Leftards" going on about other people being fruitcakes?

Oops, there goes another irony meter factory...

LOL

I don't call all people Nazi leftards; I only call Nazi leftards Nazi leftards, which is why (for example) I call you a Nazi leftard, ya irony meter fruitcake factory fruitcake.

Arthur Brain

LOL

I don't call all people Nazi leftards; I only call Nazi leftards Nazi leftards, which is why (for example) I call you a Nazi leftard, ya irony meter fruitcake factory fruitcake.

No, you call people that because you're clueless about Nazi ideology, juvenile, entirely witless and embarrassingly ignorant.