Trump's Legacy Grows

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
I believe trump believes the only sure way to stay in office in 2020 is for the USA to be at war since no President has ever lost an election during war time.

Believe me, if Trump believes he can stay in office if we are at war, he will get us in a war;
does Iran come to mind?
:kiss:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Screen-Shot-2019-05-22-at-12-55-11-PM.png

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I believe trump believes the only sure way to stay in office in 2020 is for the USA to be at war since no President has ever lost an election during war time.

Believe me, if Trump believes he can stay in office if we are at war, he will get us in a war;
does Iran come to mind?
:kiss:
You couldn't be more wrong.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I can see why you wouldn't believe that.

i didn't say i didn't believe it

are you interested in having a discussion about the kind of hate he knowingly and willingly stokes in his base?

and are you willing to examine whether or not it's a facet of politics that predates trump?

It's not a valid question. :idunno:

it seemed to be the intent of the political cartoonist, else why the "poor_america" at the top?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
i didn't say i didn't believe it

Okay, then spell it out: Do you believe Trump knowingly and willingly stokes hate in his base? Should be easy to dispel any doubt.

are you interested in having a discussion about the kind of hate he knowingly and willingly stokes in his base?

You can quit the disingenuous "are you interested in a discussion" tactic - if I'm interested, you'll know.

and are you willing to examine whether or not it's a facet of politics that predates trump?

Of course it predates Trump. That's not what we're talking about though, is it?

it seemed to be the intent of the political cartoonist, else why the "poor_america" at the top?

poor_america posted it, "poor america" isn't part of the cartoon.

ok doser

Okay, then spell it out: Do you believe Trump knowingly and willingly stokes hate in his base? Should be easy to dispel any doubt.

of course - it's a common feature of political rhetoric

what makes trump's use of it different is his willingness to put it out front, not to mask it as most politicians do

Of course it predates Trump. That's not what we're talking about though, is it?

beats me

what are we talking about?

poor_america posted it, "poor america" isn't part of the cartoon.

i'll take your word for - can't find the original on Taresh's website

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
of course - it's a common feature of political rhetoric

It's a common feature of nativist, xenophobic, nationalistic, white supremacist, alt-right, blood-and-soil, racist political rhetoric.

It's not a common feature of all political rhetoric.

what makes trump's use of it different is his willingness to put it out front, not to mask it as most politicians do

No, he doesn't mask it, but the GOP does.

beats me

what are we talking about?

How Trump stokes hate in his base and you reframed it as me suggesting Trump hates poor America.

i'll take your word for - can't find the original on Taresh's website

Did a google search for @poor_america, came up as an instagram account.

ok doser

It's a common feature of nativist, xenophobic, nationalistic, white supremacist, alt-right, blood-and-soil, racist political rhetoric.

yes it is

it's a less obvious feature common to all political discourse - that was one thing that made Alinsky so revealing, he didn't try to hide it

It's not a common feature of all political rhetoric.

it's a common feature of all politicians

it isn't always present in all of their rhetoric

No, he doesn't mask it, but the GOP does.

right - the GOP would be included in "most politicians"

How Trump stokes hate in his base.

overtly

Did a google search for @poor_america, came up as an instagram account.

makes sense - the only match i found was a pinterest image of what you posted

still, I expect we'll see political cartoonists using it as a tool soon if they're not already