What is your definition of racism?

ClimateSanity

Well, yes, and no. Sexual attraction is not an overwhelmingly physical phenomena. It is mostly a mental phenomena. And a complex one at that.

So that if a person were only attracted to white males, it would likely not be for physical reasons, but for mental reasons. And some of those reasons could be the result of bigotry. I'm not accusing anyone. I'm just saying that it's a likely possibility.

If for mental reasons, it's likely the manner in which black men approach her. It's likely none have ever behaved in a way that is sexually appealing to her. By the way, despising a culture and it's values is not bigotry. If men come up to her draped in bling and gold teef, and their pants hanging down their rears and talking ghetto, it's not bigoted to be turned off by that.

PureX

If for mental reasons, it's likely the manner in which black men approach her.
Maybe, maybe not. But if this is the reason being given, then I would suspect some bigotry is involved. Because it is unreasonably denigrating to assume that the few black men that approached her in a way she didn't like represents the way all black men approach women. And such an assumption is clearly bigoted.

It's likely none have ever behaved in a way that is sexually appealing to her.
Why would you think this is "likely" of a whole race of men that you have never met, unless you are bigoted against them?

By the way, despising a culture and it's values is not bigotry.
Apart from being stupid, it is getting pretty close to bigotry. The only difference is that you claim you're despising "the culture", rather than the people inhabiting it. Which I frankly do not believe.

If men come up to her draped in bling and gold teef, and their pants hanging down their rears and talking ghetto, it's not bigoted to be turned off by that.
Actually, it probably is. Because there is nothing physically unattractive about these traits. The revulsion is entirely based on cultural inferences. Which in this case clearly designates them as "ghetto", meaning social outcasts. Misfits and undesirables according to the bigotry of the privileged and superior white 'insider' class.

Arthur Brain

Well, yes, and no. Sexual attraction is not an overwhelmingly physical phenomena. It is mostly a mental phenomena. And a complex one at that.

So that if a person were only attracted to white males, it would likely not be for physical reasons, but for mental reasons. And some of those reasons could be the result of bigotry. I'm not accusing anyone. I'm just saying that it's a likely possibility.

In the main I'm physically attracted to Caucasian women, not to say there haven't been exceptions but overall that's where my attractions lie. It's not a conscious decision on my part and I have nothing against other cultures. I think sometimes it's just the way it is without anything else in the mix.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
In the main I'm physically attracted to Caucasian women, not to say there haven't been exceptions but overall that's where my attractions lie. It's not a conscious decision on my part and I have nothing against other cultures. I think sometimes it's just the way it is without anything else in the mix.

You sure seem antagonistic to the sprout culture. :mmph:

Arthur Brain

You sure seem antagonistic to the sprout culture. :mmph:

So are you based on the complete dearth of any surrounding your adobe:

Count Iblis's residence The mansion of Mr K. Money esquire...

nuclear-wasteland.jpg

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Just had a great conversation with an old Navy vet like myself. He was in around the same time I was. Said in boot he had to take a remedial swim class. Everybody sitting in the bleachers in the class was black. He truly believes this general aversion to swimming is an indication of some genetic feature of black folks.

PC says it is racist for any white person to simply observe that black people certainly can but typically don't like to swim. Is it racist?

No. It's racIAL, not racIST.

Racial is a generic and verifiable fact that can be applied overall with accuracy and validity, but with no disposition of negative emotion about the fact/s or toward an individual or group based on skin color. It is NEVER a worth assessment.

Racist includes bias and/or extreme emotion that is unwarranted toward individuals or groups based on skin color. It is ALWAYS a worth assessment.

It's not "Specist" to note the general sweeping fact that cats despise/fear water in contrast to dogs.

Statistical data (without manipulation or bias) is NOT racIST, even when/if it is racIAL by nature of the information sought and obtained. Simple demographics, etc.

If it's nonsensical (like black outlines for gun range targets), it's trigglypuff snowflake liberal drivel. They'd fuss if the human outline were white, because there would still be black on the paper somewhere for contrast.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
It is more likely that since blacks are concentrated in the poorer sectors of society then either social or financial factors prevented them getting access to swimming pools. Proposing the idea of genetic causes are little more than antiscientific post-hoc justifications of their own racist feelings.

Except that I've had several black women insist to me that blacks do NOT like water; and she was incensed that I didn't know that (but I did and was just being cordial and non-provocational).

I attended an all-black church for years, and they all insisted blacks don't like water. There was even a son of one of the families that drowned, and they said "What was that boy doing swimming anyway?"

It's not a baseless stereotype foisted upon blacks by whites that's a fallacy. Whether it's genetic or epigenetic would be more the question; but even that is irrelevant to the false term "institutionalized racism". (It's only institutionalized to the extent that blacks have instituted the concept themselves... so say my black Christian friends.)

ClimateSanity

Maybe, maybe not. But if this is the reason being given, then I would suspect some bigotry is involved. Because it is unreasonably denigrating to assume that the few black men that approached her in a way she didn't like represents the way all black men approach women. And such an assumption is clearly bigoted.

Why would you think this is "likely" of a whole race of men that you have never met, unless you are bigoted against them?

Apart from being stupid, it is getting pretty close to bigotry. The only difference is that you claim you're despising "the culture", rather than the people inhabiting it. Which I frankly do not believe.

Actually, it probably is. Because there is nothing physically unattractive about these traits. The revulsion is entirely based on cultural inferences. Which in this case clearly designates them as "ghetto", meaning social outcasts. Misfits and undesirables according to the bigotry of the privileged and superior white 'insider' class.

Then you have a false definition of racism. That's why we can't solve the problem in America . You make it something it isn't.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Ok, a bit of my family's history. My father immigrated to the US from Mexico as part of the Bracero Program in 1961. My mother immigrated from Mexico in the mid 1950's as a child. She was sponsored by one of her aunts. In the mid 1970's one of my father's brothers and several cousins of mine immigrated to the US to work as farm laborers. Here is how their children did in terms of education.

My Family-5 children
6 college degrees including 2 master's degrees, and one sheriff's deputy

Uncle's family- 4 children
5 college degrees and teaching credential

Cousin #1- 1 child
1 college degree

Cousin #2- 1 child
1 college degree

Cousin #3- 2 children
1 college degree, younger child in college and the older child will attend grad school soon.

Cousin #4- 3 children
oldest in college, other 2 kids pre teens.

One of my cousins decided to go to community college in his 40's because he was kind of bored and got his two-year degree in 18 months. All this from one family from a small village in Mexico. If the US is so racist how is this even possible? :idunno: Maybe, just maybe, if people make education a priority good things can happen?

You should be more ticked off about ILLEGAL immigration than anyone else in this country!!!!

gcthomas

Except that I've had several black women insist to me that blacks do NOT like water; and she was incensed that I didn't know that (but I did and was just being cordial and non-provocational).

I attended an all-black church for years, and they all insisted blacks don't like water. There was even a son of one of the families that drowned, and they said "What was that boy doing swimming anyway?"

It's not a baseless stereotype foisted upon blacks by whites that's a fallacy. Whether it's genetic or epigenetic would be more the question; but even that is irrelevant to the false term "institutionalized racism". (It's only institutionalized to the extent that blacks have instituted the concept themselves... so say my black Christian friends.)

Of course many don't like water - they never learnt to swim for economic reasons which turned it into a cultural reason.

There are enough black swimmers, like Simone Manuel who won an Olympic gold, Cullen Jones, world record holder and gold medal inner, Anthony NEsty, and so on, to show your claim to be specious.

There are few black swimmers for the same reason that there are few black hockey players or black airline pilots or black CEO bankers. Economics.

ClimateSanity

One point:. If the person in the culture I dislike becomes assimilated and joins the normative American culture, I no longer do not want to associate with him but welcome him with open arms. This means it was never the person at issue but the culture.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
This is a great post to me until the last paragraph. I repped you and you are the first one I learned how to do that on! And that could a compliment or an indication I wasn't too worried what would happen if I touched that little thingy. Correction: If you had been jettisoned into outer space without a camera I would've been very regretful. What would your parents, your grandparents, or most importantly I'm guessing, your greatgrandparents think of what you are saying there? Whites in general are not pretty because they are what? Not living in the dangerous neighborhoods we want everyone out of?

Well... We don't have a huge precedent of wealthy white male athletes with black women as spouses or arm jewelery, so...

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Of course many don't like water - they never learnt to swim for economic reasons which turned it into a cultural reason.

There are enough black swimmers, like Simone Manuel who won an Olympic gold, Cullen Jones, world record holder and gold medal inner, Anthony NEsty, and so on, to show your claim to be specious.

There are few black swimmers for the same reason that there are few black hockey players or black airline pilots or black CEO bankers. Economics.

Sigh.