Ted Cruz turns the table on lib reporter.. Go Ted!!

republicanchick

I wonder if that was a rhetorical Q Cruz asked

something to the effect of What do you have against Christians?

I'd like the libs to answer that

++

seehigh

Would that be the Canadian born Ted Cruz? Who just recently gave up his Canadian citizenship?

Isn't there something in the Constitution about having being born in the United States? Seems to me there's a lot of discussion about that with regards to Obama. And Obama was actually born in United States, whereas Cruz was definitely not.

How do you square that circle?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Would that be the Canadian born Ted Cruz? Who just recently gave up his Canadian citizenship?

Isn't there something in the Constitution about having being born in the United States? Seems to me there's a lot of discussion about that with regards to Obama. And Obama was actually born in United States, whereas Cruz was definitely not.

Actually, we don't know for sure. A child born overseas to an American citizen can be a natural born citizen if parents complete the required paperwork showing intent to make it so.

A Form FS-240 must be submitted with the original birth documentation, and this will establish legal citizenship for the child.

If the American parent is not present, some sort of notarized document, authorizing another person to establish the child as a citizen is required.
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/156216.pdf

Ted needs to make his FS-240 public, and end the issue promptly as possible.

Assuming there was one. If not, there's a problem.

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
Actually, we don't know for sure. A child born overseas to an American citizen can be a natural born citizen if parents complete the required paperwork showing intent to make it so.

A Form FS-240 must be submitted with the original birth documentation, and this will establish legal citizenship for the child.

If the American parent is not present, some sort of notarized document, authorizing another person to establish the child as a citizen is required.
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/156216.pdf

Ted needs to make his FS-240 public, and end the issue promptly as possible.

Assuming there was one. If not, there's a problem.

Same thing goes for Obama. He should provide a legitimate long form birth certificate and not a forgery.

seehigh

Same thing goes for Obama. He should provide a legitimate long form birth certificate and not a forgery.
That's done and gone with. Obama has a year and a half left. Cruz however could potentially have eight years. Best to clear it up now, because we do know that he was born in Canada. Nobody is doubting that including himself.