why doesn't the government sell land to poor people?

Word based mystic

being given land or anything for that matter should be exercised with great caution.

giving to a bad steward with bad habits is just plain stupid.
unless of course you want the property to be worse off.

training and character growth should be a consideration.

starting small and then seeing what people can handle and then increasing stewardship is the scriptural example of how to disciple and build character.

poor or not it all matters whether they have been developing stewardship skills

Dumping an inheritance upon someone who has not been tested with small things is just plain stupid.

republicanchick

being given land or anything for that matter should be exercised with great caution.

giving to a bad steward with bad habits is just plain stupid.
unless of course you want the property to be worse off.

training and character growth should be a consideration.

pid.

well, i see you are in the

YouArePoorBecauseYouAreStupid category

keep insulting the poor...

you know, Jesus had a special thing for the poor. He said Blessed are the poor (I sometimes wonder if that"in the spirit" thing was added later. God knows..)

The Berean

My dream is that some day all the evangelicals will make it clear that they won't tolerate this with the same ferocity that they have voiced on the issue of same-sex marriage. If they do, I think christianity could be a force for good in this world. I think christians would find that they have more allies in the secular world than they think they do. It would be glorious.

Barring that, my dream is that christianity declines into oblivion and be replaced with actual morals that will push people to stand against this corruption. To be honest I'm thinking it more likely for christianity to decline and be replaced with actual morals than for christians to stand together against corruption the way they do against same-sex marriage. I hope christians will prove me wrong.
Instead of just dreaming what are YOU doing to stop the "corruption"? It's easy to spout off about dreams and point fingers at other "Christians" for their supposed failure to stand against the corruption. So I ask again what actions are YOU taking? :think:

The Berean

Utah has had phenomenal success with their "Housing First" homeless housing program.

http://lawblog.legalmatch.com/2014/01/02/solution-for-homelessness/

Now that is a program with some teeth. Another idea I had involves using "tiny homes" to temporarily house homeless people. Tiny homes can be built on the cheap and they can be used by homeless as a stepping stone to becoming self sufficient. Other people are also creatign tiny homes for the homeless. Another important aspect in helping the homeless is job training.

Tiny Houses For Homeless People Put Roofs Over Heads In Time For The Holidays

Tiny Houses for the Homeless: An Affordable Solution Catches On