Supreme Court: Marriage

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[American Family Association Tim Wildmon] "Tomorrow, April 28, the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments for and against redefining marriage in America. The very institution of God's design for marriage as only between one man and one woman is on trial. As hard as it is to believe, nine people will decide if our nation will honor God and obey Him, or turn its back on the most fundamental building block of society and on God himself. This will be the most important decision in the history of America. I'm urging you to do just one thing...Pray. Here is a link to four prayers to help your prayer time. Please, for the sake of our nation, Pray." Gen. 2:18–24, Heb 13:4 more

"What is honored in a country is cultivated there." ~ Plato, Republic

Related:

quoties.gif
Exception Clause for Divorce

Recommend reading:

The Divorce Myth by J. Carl Laney

Recommended sites:

Christian Divorce and Remarriage | Joseph Webb

Marriage Permanence

Permanence of Marriage Until Death | Walking by the Spirit Always

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
[American Family Association Tim Wildmon] "Tomorrow, April 28, the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments for and against redefining marriage in America. The very institution of God's design for marriage as only between one man and one woman is on trial. As hard as it is to believe, nine people will decide if our nation will honor God and obey Him, or turn its back on the most fundamental building block of society and on God himself."

With all due respect to Tim Wildmon, is he not aware that we as a nation quit respecting God decades ago?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
what about the children of same gendered couples? Don't they deserve those same protections.

I've asked you this about a dozen times but you have never actually responded.

they deserve better
but
what are you really worried about?

two guys living together

genuineoriginal

Do they deserve the same protections you keep going on about?
Are you really asking if children of same sex "couples" deserve to be protected from the same same sex "couples"?

If so, the answer is: yes.

The children need to be given food, shelter, and intense counseling after the same sex "couple" is publicly executed for their crimes.

Why do they deserve better than kids from traditional marriages?
Kids from traditional marriages should also be given food, shelter, and intense counseling if their parents are publicly executed for crimes that are worthy of death.

Why do you ask?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Are you really asking if children of same sex "couples" deserve to be protected from the same same sex "couples"?

If so, the answer is: yes.

The children need to be given food, shelter, and intense counseling after the same sex "couple" is publicly executed for their crimes.

Kids from traditional marriages should also be given food, shelter, and intense counseling if their parents are publicly executed for crimes that are worthy of death.

Why do you ask?

Why is it a crime for two people to tickle each other?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
With all due respect to Tim Wildmon, is he not aware that we as a nation quit respecting God decades ago?

We have. Joel Rosenberg recently said he believes that our country is already under judgment--past the point of no return.

Interesting times.

[Will the War of Gog and Magog happen before or after the Rapture? By Joel Rosenberg] "The truth is we simply do not know the answer for certain, because Ezekiel does not say. Many of the theologians I have cited in this book believe the war will occur after the Rapture. In the novel Left Behind, Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins describe the War of Gog and Magog as having already happened before the Rapture takes place. In The Ezekiel Option, I also chose to portray the war occurring before the Rapture.

In Matthew 24:14, Jesus says, “This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come” (NASB). We also know from Ezekiel that God will use the War of Gog and Magog to display his glory to all nations and to pour out his Holy Spirit, particularly on the nation of Israel. As a result of the entire world seeing God defend Israel from the onslaught of the Russian-Iranian coalition, a dramatic spiritual awakening will occur around the globe. It would certainly be consistent with God’s heart for humanity that he would cause this cataclysmic moment to occur before the Rapture in order to shake people out of their spiritual apathy and/or rebellion and give them at least one more chance to receive Christ as their Savior before the terrible events of the Tribulation occur.

But let me be clear: I believe that the Rapture could occur at any moment, and I would certainly not be surprised in any way if it occurred before the events of Ezekiel 38 and 39 come to pass.
Christian theologians speak of the “doctrine of imminence.” This means that according to the Bible there is no prophetic event that has to happen before Jesus snatches his church from the earth. That is, the Bible teaches us that we should be ready for Jesus to come for us at any moment. I fully believe that. But it should be noted with regard to this doctrine that while no major prophetic event has to happen before the Rapture, that doesn’t mean no such event will happen first. Perhaps the clearest evidence of this truth is the rebirth of Israel. This major prophetic event was foretold in Ezekiel 36–37, yet its fulfillment happened before the Rapture. Thus, it is certainly possible that other events—such as the events of Ezekiel 38–39—could happen before the Rapture as well." Prophecy Q & A

smileys-hockey-and-ice-hockey-053496.gif
Ready to Go :rapture: ~ Republica

GFR7

I don't know if prayer can change the will of Justice Kennedy.

I've been following the live blog arguments, and he appears to be siding with same sex marriage.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

We have. Joel Rosenberg recently said he believes that our country is already under judgment--past the point of no return.

There are a lot of people out there that share Rosenberg's defeatist attitude.

I'm glad that I'm not one of them.

2 Timothy 4:7

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
"There are a lot of people out there that share Rosenberg's defeatist attitude. I'm glad that I'm not one of them."

He is witnessing men coming to Christ in the Middle East (Lk 15:10).

So Rosenberg's defeatist attitude is global, and just not in places like Colorado?

Quote:
[2 Timothy 4:7]

It takes more than posting homo photos online to engage in the battle (1 Pe 2:12).

So you, like GFR7, just go to my thread for the pictures sd? (naughty naughty girl).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"So Rosenberg's defeatist attitude is global, and just not in places like Colorado?"
He speaks at many churches (via satellite in the States now). His message is one of encouragement not discouragement (1 Thess 5:11, Ro 11:25).

"So you, like GFR7, just go to my thread for the pictures sd?"
There are mental images I wish I could un-see (Phil 4:8, Isa 25:8).

See:

Mt 24:32-51 Matthew Henry

Mt 24:36–41 Bible Knowledge Commentary

Last edited: