Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry, FOX, but it was NOT a dumb school assignment for kids

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sorry, FOX, but it was NOT a dumb school assignment for kids

    On "Outnumbered" earlier today they were discussing an assignment a teacher gave the children. I will admit it was PC assignment but it was not dumb, as one of the 5 chicks said (Ainsley?)

    the assignment was to pretend you are a muslim, describe your feelings, etc.

    OK, i think they should maybe ALSO have an assignment where instead of pretending to be Muslim, you could (as one of the panelists suggested.. Thank you) have one where you pretend to be a Christian in Iraq or Syria, being persecuted by the extremists muslims..

    But it is not a stupid assignment to teach children to put themselves in the shoes of others not like themselves. That is FAR from stupid.. it teaches children EMPATHY... something that is SORELY lacking in our society

    I don't think Aaron Hernandez knows the meaning of the word...

    or the jihadists... etc..




    ++




  • #2
    Could they just pretend to be students interested in learning? This is why our students are ranked so poorly. I don't have later data than 2012, but read the following:

    http://www.businessinsider.com/pisa-rankings-2013-12
    Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
    Eph 2:9 not from works, so that no one can boast.
    Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Saved.One.by.Grace View Post
      Could they just pretend to be students interested in learning? This is why our students are ranked so poorly. I don't have later data than 2012, but read the following:
      -2013-12[/URL]
      you think there is a lesson more important to be learned than empathy?

      umm... ok

      Comment


      • #4
        How do you pretend you are Muslim? I think it's a stupid assignment.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by republicanchick View Post
          On "Outnumbered" earlier today they were discussing an assignment a teacher gave the children. I will admit it was PC assignment but it was not dumb, as one of the 5 chicks said (Ainsley?)

          the assignment was to pretend you are a muslim, describe your feelings, etc.

          OK, i think they should maybe ALSO have an assignment where instead of pretending to be Muslim, you could (as one of the panelists suggested.. Thank you) have one where you pretend to be a Christian in Iraq or Syria, being persecuted by the extremists muslims..

          But it is not a stupid assignment to teach children to put themselves in the shoes of others not like themselves. That is FAR from stupid.. it teaches children EMPATHY... something that is SORELY lacking in our society

          I don't think Aaron Hernandez knows the meaning of the word...

          or the jihadists... etc..




          ++



          I agree with you.

          Ouch. . . It really hurt to say that.
          Having the right to do something does not automatically make it the right thing to do.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Daniel1611 View Post
            How do you pretend you are Muslim? I think it's a stupid assignment.
            Maybe keep being the good person you are, but dress like a Muslim and see if you are treated differently based solely on that?
            Having the right to do something does not automatically make it the right thing to do.

            Comment


            • #7
              Maybe we should bring back traditional education since what we're doing is a disservice to our children. Or should we do more PC activities hoping for a different result? We need to decide whether children deserve an education or an socialist indoctrination.

              http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...education.html
              Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
              Eph 2:9 not from works, so that no one can boast.
              Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

              Comment


              • #8
                I would suggest you would reference an argument made someone who understood to some degree the principle he is arguing against.

                Originally posted by Saved.One.by.Grace View Post
                Maybe we should bring back traditional education since what we're doing is a disservice to our children. Or should we do more PC activities hoping for a different result? We need to decide whether children deserve an education or an socialist indoctrination.

                http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...education.html
                SJKW Extraordinaire

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Daniel1611 View Post
                  How do you pretend you are Muslim? I think it's a stupid assignment.
                  I think it might work to the conservatives' favor

                  the kids put themselves in the extremist Muslim shoes

                  and realize all too clearly in so doing

                  that


                  Hey... I [now that I've pretended to be an extremist Muslim] don't see the point... of murdering everyone who doesn't agree with me.. That is just SOOOOO un-American.. and stuff...



                  +

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Saved.One.by.Grace View Post
                    Maybe we should bring back traditional education since what we're doing is a disservice to our children. Or should we do more PC activities hoping for a different result? We need to decide whether children deserve an education or an socialist indoctrination.

                    education.html[/URL]
                    empathy is not a socialist doctrine. Look at the history of socialism and communism.. Stalin, Hitler... no empathy there

                    empathy is a CHRISTIAN doctrine

                    (although I am sure if the teacher in question realized that, she would quickly withdraw the assignment)



                    _

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by republicanchick View Post
                      empathy is not a socialist doctrine. Look at the history of socialism and communism.. Stalin, Hitler... no empathy there

                      empathy is a CHRISTIAN doctrine

                      (although I am sure if the teacher in question realized that, she would quickly withdraw the assignment)

                      _
                      You see empathy, I see indoctrination, political correctness and leftist ideas. I see the teaching of equality of result, versus the equality of opportunity. The results speak volumes when compared to other countries. We are no longer teaching the basics and our children are and will suffer for that.
                      Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
                      Eph 2:9 not from works, so that no one can boast.
                      Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Saved.One.by.Grace View Post
                        You see empathy, I see indoctrination, political correctness and leftist ideas. I see the teaching of equality of result, versus the equality of opportunity. The results speak volumes when compared to other countries. We are no longer teaching the basics and our children are and will suffer for that.
                        well, I guess I am just weird this way

                        But I don't see Conservativism precluding empathy

                        maybe that's why the Rs don't get the votes they should.. b/c they do not always show empathy and compassion, meaning TRUE compassion

                        (as opposed to .. just throwing the poor a few dollars here and there and then walking away thinking that social justice has been done.. as the libs do)


                        ___

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by republicanchick View Post
                          On "Outnumbered" earlier today they were discussing an assignment a teacher gave the children. I will admit it was PC assignment but it was not dumb, as one of the 5 chicks said (Ainsley?)

                          the assignment was to pretend you are a muslim, describe your feelings, etc.
                          Were the necessary props given to the children to make their playacting realistic?



                          The very long history of Donald Trump's pro homosexual and transgender activism, before and during his Presidency, can be found on page 141, post # 2113 and #2114.
                          http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336963
                          http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336964

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
                            Were the necessary props given to the children to make their playacting realistic?



                            thanks for the photos.. don't like looking @ them, but we have to realize what we are up against...

                            Reality is for people who can't handle drugs..

                            but...

                            Why do I want a HUGE whiskey and coke right now?

                            But oh well.. maybe later...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by republicanchick View Post
                              well, I guess I am just weird this way

                              But I don't see Conservativism precluding empathy

                              maybe that's why the Rs don't get the votes they should.. b/c they do not always show empathy and compassion, meaning TRUE compassion

                              (as opposed to .. just throwing the poor a few dollars here and there and then walking away thinking that social justice has been done.. as the libs do)
                              ___
                              You're not weird, you're just you. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not near as conservative as I thought I was maybe 5 to 10 years ago. I am passionate about several key issues: Pro-Triune God; Pro-Family which is just my wife of 35 years; Pro-Life from conception; Pro-2nd Amendment; Anti-Bigotry in all its forms; Pro-Military; Pro-Immigration Reform; and so on. Anti-Poverty Programs have not worked after trillions of dollars have been spent. I am also Anti-Stupid. It's time for something different. I do not believe we should be making friends with people who's goal by their own religion is to end my life prematurely. I have no empathy for that. We will never understand them nor is it worth the effort.
                              Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
                              Eph 2:9 not from works, so that no one can boast.
                              Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X