How Congress works: politics as usual--however: some true Rs

republicanchick

I had a few spare minutes, so thought I would share this very important message with y'all

Everyone in America (over the age of about 15) should read the book by Tom Coburn called Breach of Trust

He talks about how Congress works and how dysfunctional and corrupt it is b/c of career politicians, who are more interested in keeping themselves and/or their party in power than they are in doing what their constitutients voted them in to do.

In one part of the book, he talks about Dick Armey lying about whether he wanted to depose Gingrich as Speaker. Coburn said that Lindsey Graham got angry and started to attack him [Armey].

LOL

I have a renewed appreciation of Lindsey Graham. He seems to be one of the real Rs. There seem to be so few of them.

The book is centered around the R's Contract w/ America, which wasn't the success it could have been b/c of the Rs who caved

++

republicanchick

nobody's interested in how Congress works (should work... doesn't work)?

weird

well, this is one of the best books I"ve ever read, easy to u/stand (in most places) and shows what most of us have always suspected RE government and Congress

explains why Congress has such a low approval rating

shows why we should vote for someone like Ted Cruz

or Ted Cruz, Period

____

republicanchick

from the book Breach of Trust by Tom Coburn:

p.39

"...the fault does not rest solely with the appropriaters [Appropriations Committee]. it is at the request of individual members that appropriators serve as the guardians of a political spoils system that transcends the official Republican and Democratic platforms... [He goes on to mention how Congresspersons wanted to name certain projects after... (SUPRISE SUPRISE, Sargent Carter!!)

themselves:

Thomas Harkin Center for Disease Control...

Arlen Specter National Library of Medicine.

It's worse than you thought, Folks...

Vote for a true R: Ted Cruz

(Those projects were NOT named after them after all, but it's just the audacity...)

__

republicanchick

many posters here claim there are no true Rs, yet when I tell them about some true Rs (Class of '94 as Tom Coburn called them), there is no response.

told ya people just want to act like they are better than just everyone... absolutely everyone

otherwise, why would they believe that there are NO good Rs--save THEM??

ego...

____

republicanchick

ok, looks like I will just be talking to myself here.. nothing new there

talking to yourself gets a bad name anyway. Why wouldn't I want to talk to the most intelligent, most enlightened human being on the planet?

so anyway...

I was going to quote some stuff from the book. but I don't have it handy. And you people probably don't want to know what is really going on in Congress anyway, so..

hmmmmm...

+++