there is a difference

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have the highest respect for the pipefitters, boilermakers, electrical workers, laborers, carpenters, machinists,

so do I
if
they keep quiet
and
vote republican
and
I know many of them do
but
I am talking about those who would call you a whore
simply because you voted republican
because the democratic party supports abortion

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
so do I
if
they keep quiet
and
vote republican

and
I know many of them do
but
I am talking about those who would call you a whore
simply because you voted republican

because the democratic party supports abortion

But that was not the context the word was used in OR why it was used ...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I didn't know there was a context in which it was okay to call someone a whore

it would help us
if
you could give us that context

Okay. You are willing to sell (promote) evil candidates for your own personal gain while pretending it is a public service.

You then, after complaining about being called a name, turn around and call anti-abortion/pro-life members "babykillers".

The old pot calling the kettle black comes to mind. :think:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Okay. You are willing to sell (promote) evil candidates for your own personal gain while pretending it is a public service.

You then, after complaining about being called a name, turn around and call anti-abortion/pro-life members "babykillers".

The old pot calling the kettle black comes to mind. :think:

how did he know all that?

genuineoriginal

it means you can call someone a whore
if
they vote republican
because
the democratic party supports abortion

The article from the right-wing website that I quoted called Republican voters whores for the Republican party when they sell their votes for false promises from the Republican politicians.

It has to do with what the Republican party lies about and the gullible Republican voters believe about the Republican party.

It has nothing to do with what the Democrat party does or stands for, and neither should your vote.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The article from the right-wing website that I quoted called Republican voters whores for the Republican party when they sell their votes for false promises from the Republican politicians.

It has to do with what the Republican party lies about and the gullible Republican voters believe about the Republican party.

Well said, I believe that Chrys breezed over your post, never read it, and when I directed it towards him, he now bemoans that I said it to him, yet never addressed the writer that posted it towards him on "Redstate"website. Here is an excerpt of the article:

The Pro-Life Movement Must Stop Being Whores of the Republican Party
By: Erick Erickson

I know there are many angered by the title of this post, but the truth hurts. I cannot tell you the number of times I have been to political events where a politician kisses babies and talks Jesus so the pro-lifers in the crowd get thigh sweats and send the politician to Washington. When the politician takes up with his mistress or pays for an abortion or, as Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-NC)51% did, undermines the pro-life cause, they are just horrified.

But still they return predictable to the GOP for more abuse and disappointment.

http://www.redstate.com/2015/01/22/...st-stop-being-whores-of-the-republican-party/

So, just to be fair, I am guilty of using GO's post to pile on to Chrys but, I certainly am not the author of the words directed towards naive GOP voters that believe (wrongly) that the republican party as a whole has their back on the pro-life belief set. I apologize to Chrys for offending him with my words but, you will have to write to Erick Erickson at Redstate for an apology for calling you a whore for the republican party Chrys...after all he said it first.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The Republican party supports abortion, obamacare, and same sex marriage.
They lie about their support for these in order to get votes.

since you both agree on calling me a whore

can I assume rocketman also does not support

abortion
unions
obamacare
same sex marriage

genuineoriginal

you both agree on calling me a whore
The Red State website, which was created to support the Republican party, called foolish voters that because the record shows that Republicans are not doing anything to fulfill their campaign promises to oppose abortion.

It was meant to be a wake-up call.

You are too busy complaining about the word used (a perfectly good word used by God in the Bible) to wake up and smell the garbage the Republican party is generating.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The Red State website, which was created to support the Republican party, called foolish voters that because the record shows that Republicans are not doing anything to fulfill their campaign promises to oppose abortion.

It was meant to be a wake-up call.

You are too busy complaining about the word used (a perfectly good word used by God in the Bible) to wake up and smell the garbage the Republican party is generating.

I don't know what you want
I really don't
but
I know what I want
and
I know I don't have a chance of getting it unless the democrats are defeated

I don't care
if
someone votes republican because they hate blacks or homosexuals
we need every vote we can get to defeat the democrats
and
we need to defeat the democrats
because
their party supports abortion
christians cannot ignore that

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I don't know much about genuineoriginal
but
when I posted this
when you don't vote republican
this is what you are supporting

Democratic Party on Abortion
He posted this
And now, for the rest of the story . . .
_____
The Pro-Life Movement Must Stop Being Whores of the Republican Party
. . .
The Republican Leadership knows the pro-life movement is in its pocket. They have nowhere else to go. They have no one else to vote for. As much as Republicans look at black voters and tut-tut that they are being taken advantage of by a Democratic Party that knows black voters will not go anywhere, the Republicans are doing precisely the same to pro-life voters
. . .
National Right to Life, among others, must stop working so hard to give seals of approval to the GOP and must start fighting the GOP. The pro-life cause must stop being a job protection racket for otherwise failed political consultants and must be a child protection effort willing to fight those failed political consultants and the politicians they back.

It is clear the GOP thinks the pro-life cause can be taken for granted and its voters will come home every election because of the Supreme Court, the Mexico City policy, etc. But it must be a two way street. The pro-life cause must stop acting like the Republican Party’s whore and must, instead, show New Testament grace to the world and Old Testament vengeance to politicians.
_____​

how do you explain that?

genuineoriginal

I don't know what you want
I really don't
but
I know what I want
and
I know I don't have a chance of getting it unless the democrats are defeated

Here is what I want:
_____
'I knew of a man who believed in a land of righteousness. He said: "Somewhere on this earth there must be a righteous land -- and wonderful people live there -- good people! They respect each other, help each other, and everything is peaceful and good!" And so that man -- who was always searching for this land of righteousness -- he was poor and lived miserably -- and when things got to be so bad with him that it seemed there was nothing else for him to do except lie down and die -- even then he never lost heart -- but he'd just smile and say: "Never mind! I can stand it! A little while longer -- and I'll have done with this life -- and I'll go in search of the righteous land!"'
~ The Lower Depths - by Maxim Gorky
_____​

I don't have a chance of getting what I want as long as either the Democrat party or the Republican party keeps getting elected.

genuineoriginal

I don't know much about genuineoriginal
but
when I posted this

He posted this

how do you explain that?

Your post showed how the Democrat party supports abortion.

My post showed the other side of the story, which is that the Republican party lies about opposing abortion just to get votes.

That is the entire explanation.

Did you try reading the words I quoted from the article, or did you stop reading at the word "whore"?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Your post showed how the Democrat party supports abortion.

My post showed the other side of the story, which is that the Republican party lies about opposing abortion just to get votes.

your post did not show that
you are not making sense

127 million voted in 2012

they think there is a difference
and
this makes whatever you say irrelevant

why do you even bother to post here?

the only thing I can conclude is somehow you are trying to help the democratic party
and
that would make you a shill

genuineoriginal

127 million voted in 2012

they think there is a difference
and
this makes whatever you say irrelevant
127 million uninformed voters can make any informed voter's vote irrelevant.

why do you even bother to post here?
To inform the voters.

the only thing I can conclude is somehow you are trying to help the democratic party
and
that would make you a shill
You are telling people to vote Republican, which makes you a shill for the Republican party.

I do not want people to vote for either the Democrat party or the Republican party, I want people to make informed votes for candidates of high moral character instead of blindly voting for a party.